UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Demented Jesters Suggested Changes (Revised Poll)

Which changes would you like to see made? (can vote for multiple ones)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepsi_Rox

Knight
Re: Demented Jesters Suggested Changes (Revised Poll)

DementedJester said:
As i siad, that wont effect anything in the long term, it's not harsh enough. Removing reds from towns would force them to Brit and Oc' though. Creating a couple of hot spots. However, it wont curb griefing at all, meaning the major problem is still there and the influux of new players remains stunted.

Gotta remember, it's not the PKing that bothers me, i'm all for spilling the blood of the innocent. It's the constant griefing these "leet peekays" do that bugs me. Every time they do it they should risk an anti-PK squad coming along and stat-lossing them into the fucking stoneage.

This debating is why i didn't make a poll in the first place by the way, it's nice to see people's opinions, but they might want to change their minds after debating things.
news players should fear pks, and should always be cautious, they should know to stay away from the hotspots...

YekNom

Wanderer

DementedJester said:
You've not been ehre long so i'll explain each situation in detail.

A faction wipe would remove all guilds and points from the system and would generally be needed to be implimented for various major changes to go in.
The faction revert is to remove alot of shitty changes put into factions due to excessive whining that have lead to the downfall of factions.

The PKs on this server are a fucking joke, it's too easy to be red and there is currently no penalty, faction style statloss wouldn't do a damn thing in the long run, i'm thinking about long term solutions. Implimenting statloss would cause alot of the PKs to stop PKing and join factions, giving PVMers a chance at farming along with making it easier for new players to start the server (they're more likely to stay if they don't have some asshole grief them into quitting within an hour of them logging on)... The influx of new players and rise in pvm will help the economy which will help pvp in the long run. it wouldn't jsut be a case of implimenting statloss, a general amnesty would be offered to all current pks. If you don't want to do the time, don't commit the crime... Last i checked, murdering was a crime, where's the punishment?

Reds being kicked from factions will help with the faction loyalty situation which is currently filled with factioners who kill their own members, preventing people from wanting to faction at all... It's bad enough getting zerged by other factions... For example, Little Jimmy joins minax and encounters c2w rolling 4 deep in Britain, c2w kill Little Jimmy. He goes and restocks... Little Jimmy, knowing c2w are in Brit looks for more minax, finding E. rolling 6 deep at the GY... little Jimmy approached E. and tells them of the c2w in Britain. E. pk Little Jimmy... Little Jimmy logs off UO and psots on the forums about it, Little Jimmy gets flamed and called a faggot. Little Jimmy quits. If factioners are kicked from factions for a week, they'll think twice about killing a faction mate. As a result, E. will never kill Little Jimmy and may ;let him house hide from c2w with them.

It's more of a lack of risk thing... Everyone else risks death while playing UO. Pvmers risk dying to monsters, pks risk dying to monsters/blues, factioners risk dying to other factioners, bank sitters risk dying to a roleplay quest where 1500 balrons are spawned at WBB or PKs with fs scrolls. What to duelists risk? Nothing. They get to sit around in their little safe zone, comparing their e-peen duel ranks and talking shit to each other. They also use perfect equipment without ever risking losing it, essentially making item based PVP. Last i checked that was Everquest, not UO. Nowhere should be safe.

ok i ge the faction wipe/revert
still fine with me since i just got into it.

"Implimenting statloss would cause alot of the PKs to stop PKing and join factions"
Im beginning to think all you do is factions...

" giving PVMers a chance at farming along with making it easier for new players to start the server (they're more likely to stay if they don't have some asshole grief them into quitting within an hour of them logging on)... "
no offence but...Trammel?

"Last i checked, murdering was a crime, where's the punishment?"
well reds are attackable by anyone, in or out of town. we get ganked more than balrons do with dragons.

"Reds being kicked from factions will help with the faction loyalty situation which is currently filled with factioners who kill their own members"
why not just make combat restricted between people in the same faction? wouldnt that resolve the issue?

Steve Zissou

Sorceror

YekNom said:

"Implimenting statloss would cause alot of the PKs to stop PKing and join factions"

" giving PVMers a chance at farming along with making it easier for new players to start the server (they're more likely to stay if they don't have some asshole grief them into quitting within an hour of them logging on)... "

well reds are attackable by anyone, in or out of town. we get ganked more than balrons do with dragons.

"Reds being kicked from factions will help with the faction loyalty situation which is currently filled with factioners who kill their own members"
why not just make combat restricted between people in the same faction? wouldnt that resolve the issue?
There is still a chance to be PK'ed its just not a garentee that some douche bag is gonna put up a para field in a mine and harm ppl to death and kill ur horses and recall just to do it again and again and again..when these new players are trying to make some cash to start pvping...its REALLY discouraging, like when i came here at first and was macroing in my housewith locked doors one char was a tile off and was MSable and ppl would run by and kill me just for the fun of it so i coulndt macro any longer for no gain for themselves

Megumi

Wanderer

YekNom said:

I PK quite a bit. It's too easy and boring. I generally want to hunt smarter prey than monsters, that's why i PvP. However, most PVMers are less troublesome than the monsters they fight.

YekNom said:

I knew someone would give me the Trammel arguement... It's a stupid arguement, I'm not talking about giving them safety, i'm talking about giving them a chance.

YekNom said:

You freely attack innocents you see out of town, regardless of stature, don't complain when they fight back. That's not a punishment, it's turn about.

YekNom said:

Enforcing an inability to kill soemone?
YekNom said:
I'm not saying it shouldn't be done, i'm saying there should be consequences for it.

note: i may be a while with my next response... ZG time.

YekNom

Wanderer

Steve Zissou said:
There is still a chance to be PK'ed its just not a garentee that some douche bag is gonna put up a para field in a mine and harm ppl to death and kill ur horses and recall just to do it again and again and again..when these new players are trying to make some cash to start pvping...its REALLY discouraging, like when i came here at first and was macroing in my housewith locked doors one char was a tile off and was MSable and ppl would run by and kill me just for the fun of it so i coulndt macro any longer for no gain for themselves

sure, thats the whole thing of having an OPEN and FREE world to do anything and everything right? theres plenty of guard zone mines.

as for you macroing in a house where you can be MS'd, your bad man. Not the pk's. sure he did it for no gain, but most likely to teach you a lesson to not do that.

Megumi

Wanderer

YekNom said:
sure, thats the whole thing of having an OPEN and FREE world to do anything and everything right? theres plenty of guard zone mines.

as for you macroing in a house where you can be MS'd, your bad man. Not the pk's. sure he did it for no gain, but most likely to teach you a lesson to not do that.

Where's the fun in killing miners who can't fight back?

Steve Zissou

Sorceror

Im bad? i just came back to UO and forgor about the back of my house...what mining areas are in guard zones...PKs here are pathetic and need to stop pking miners and saying hey look at how many ive killed this is fun...

YekNom

Wanderer

Steve Zissou said:
Im bad? i just came back to UO and forgor about the back of my house...what mining areas are in guard zones...PKs here are pathetic and need to stop pking miners and saying hey look at how many ive killed this is fun...

there is no fun in killing miners unless there is a gain for it. Like a stock pile of ingots for instance.

yea bro, your bad. You forgot about the back of your house.

what mining areas are in guard zones...hmm lemmie think...Cove, Del, few others if you look.

YekNom

Wanderer

DementedJester said:
I PK quite a bit. It's too easy and boring. I generally want to hunt smarter prey than monsters, that's why i PvP. However, most PVMers are less troublesome than the monsters they fight.
True, but people know where the hotspots are and maybe they shouldn’t go there?

DementedJester said:
I knew someone would give me the Trammel arguement... It's a stupid arguement, I'm not talking about giving them safety, i'm talking about giving them a chance.

How about young status?

DementedJester said:
You freely attack innocents you see out of town, regardless of stature, don't complain when they fight back. That's not a punishment, it's turn about.

Im not complaining im merely saying that they can attack us anytime anywhere. I think that’s a pretty good risk.

DementedJester said:
Enforcing an inability to kill soemone?

Why would you be in league with someone who you want to kill?

YekNom

Wanderer

Steve Zissou said:
i dont wanna start doing this but R U serious mang? calling me bad casue of that ...1v1??

you make me giggle.
ALL im saying is you should have known you can be killed at the back of your house right? You even said you forgot. Meaning you should know.
im not calling you bad...its a saying when you mess up. "my bad, your bad"

1v1?? lol
gotta guard that epeen right?

Steve Zissou

Sorceror

YekNom said:
Steve Zissou said:
you make me giggle.
ALL im saying is you should have known you can be killed at the back of your house right? You even said you forgot. Meaning you should know.
im not calling you bad...its a saying when you mess up. "my bad, your bad"

1v1?? lol
gotta guard that epeen right?

you just start calling me bad and im not ... and im willing to fight over it

YekNom

Wanderer

Steve Zissou said:
YekNom said:
you just start calling me bad and im not ... and im willing to fight over it

omg nevermind man. can someone assist me here in explaining what "your bad" means when someone messes up?

gd

Megumi

Wanderer

Please don't have a flame war on this thread.

Young status wouldn't really work here, i'm not talking about preventing pkers from killing/griefing new players... or any players for that matter. I'm just saying that if you want to do it, there should be consequences.

YekNom said:
Im not complaining im merely saying that they can attack us anytime anywhere. I think that’s a pretty good risk.

They're not at fault for killing pks, pks are at fault for killing the innocent.

YekNom

Wanderer

but we still have the risk of being attacked anytime right?

[-c2w-]Robo

Wanderer

Steve Zissou said:
I understand your point of view on it with that many ponts n such, but apparently it worked before

my view? i didn't realise i posted an oppinion, but sure. anyway, what would it do for the shard? it's not that hard to catch up on points, our guild is still new on this server.

Steve Zissou

Sorceror

[-c2w-]Robo said:
my view? i didn't realise i posted an oppinion, but sure. anyway, what would it do for the shard? it's not that hard to catch up on points, our guild is still new on this server.
well your view on it is that its a bad idea...dont be a smart ass. the points are outta whack right now atrophy is giving people WAY too many points if you die every other day and dont kill anyone you climb in points...[e huh. Atrophy shouldnt be ther ein the first place anyhow. Itd just be nice to start with a clean slate

[-c2w-]Robo

Wanderer

Steve Zissou said:
well your view on it is that its a bad idea...dont be a smart ass. the points are outta whack right now atrophy is giving people WAY too many points if you die every other day and dont kill anyone you climb in points...[e huh. Atrophy shouldnt be ther ein the first place anyhow. Itd just be nice to start with a clean slate

actually i don't have a view on it, because we haven't even invested much time on this shard yet and because it's not worth the drama over. if you want a better chance at getting top 10 or whatever it is then all the power to you.

i agree with the suggested changes; i just wanted to know what wiping points would do for the shard...

take your mind reading somewhere else, or lack thereof.

Steve Zissou

Sorceror

[-c2w-]Robo said:
actually i don't have a view on it, because we haven't even invested much time on this shard yet and because it's not worth the drama over. if you want a better chance at getting top 10 or whatever it is then all the power to you.

i agree with the suggested changes; i just wanted to know what wiping points would do for the shard...

take your mind reading somewhere else, or lack thereof.

Im not saying this becasue i want to get up there...Im top TB on two chars one of which is just below your guild. i just think its a good idea

Megumi

Wanderer

YekNom said:
but we still have the risk of being attacked anytime right?

Everyone has that risk... except in the duel pits.

Robo - because of how drastic the changes implimented would be, a clean slate would be required. Also, it would give everybody a chance to totally rebalance factions.

Status
Not open for further replies.