UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Demise Harvest Festival

Sintoo

Sorceror
Re: Demise Harvest Festival

Kowe;328555 said:
Just like that stupid orb in luna, I think it should be left in game until solved. Maybe just mark a rune and lock it down on a table in luna.

This seems a lot more solvable if you ask me. Find ten shrines, get the mantras. Speak them correctly at the door and voila.

Though I have to add I have yet to find a single one :p

Nottheking;328526 said:
From the time that you got out, might I be permitted to suspect that you may have fallen for the xxxxx xxxxx trick? :p

No. I spent a long time at the beginning (pre-moongates) just re-visiting everywhere again and again and wondering what I was missing: it was my first visit inside Naddict's head and I was expecting something less... convoluted :p. You know, "maze", "Hampton Court", "left right left and you're out"... BIG mistake.

Once I realized that there was going to be more to it than just wombling through windy passages to the end I spent another loooong time running around like a headless chicken imagining how much time I'd lost and trying to "catch up" :s and it wasn't until I'd decided that everyone else must have got out (the winner actually escaped over an hour AFTER that...) that I relaxed and began to use my head a little more.

After that things went better for a while - until I hit the "Green Room". I was tired by that time and my concentration was beginning to go, and I just kept falling off, again and again. And again... I had reached that stage when you begin talking to yourself ON-SCREEN in frustration: my "Aaaaaarrrgghh!"s and "OMG FFS DO IT RIGHT!"s would have put a demonic smile on Naddict's face for sure ;). Then when I did finally get through, I took a wrong turn in the next area and was taken back to the room BEFORE the Green Baize room. I almost gave up there and then.

Anyway, long story short etc... I got to the final puzzle (though I didn't know that then) and, can you believe it? got "physically stuck".

At this point, ten years after reading the novel, I finally understood how Josef K. must have felt. I was being punished for an unknown crime I didn't even know I had committed by an unseen force with unlimited power and an extremely warped intellect... That way, without a sliver of a shadow of a doubt, lies madness...

Luckily for me, about 10 seconds before I decided to either a) start a long and probably expensive relationship with a private sanatorium in California or b) spend the next three days sitting through the whole of Peter Greenaway's oeuvre in a catatonic stupor (light entertainment after this), Seer Zatoichi responded to my help request. When I asked him what my chances were of completing the maze before the men in white coats arrived, he replied "well you've done 99% of it, so pretty good (long pause) - maybe one in three...".

Stay Sane all

(shurely shome mishtake, Ed.)

FE

PS NtK - I think you should edit your post so as not to spoil things for future masochists (erm... I mean maze goers).

Feersum Endjinn;328571 said:
No. I spent a long time at the beginning (pre-moongates) just re-visiting everywhere again and again and wondering what I was missing: it was my first visit inside Naddict's head and I was expecting something less... convoluted :p. You know, "maze", "Hampton Court", "left right left and you're out"... BIG mistake.
Oh my, so it was your first time? I'll admit that this was my what, third time in inside that maze, and only the first time I finished it? Note that he radically changed portions of it each time around, though parts (like the beginning) remain the same.

After that things went better for a while - until I hit the "Green Room". I was tired by that time and my concentration was beginning to go, and I just kept falling off, again and again. And again... I had reached that stage when you begin talking to yourself ON-SCREEN in frustration: my "Aaaaaarrrgghh!"s and "OMG FFS DO IT RIGHT!"s would have put a demonic smile on Naddict's face for sure ;). Then when I did finally get through, I took a wrong turn in the next area and was taken back to the room BEFORE the Green Baize room. I almost gave up there and then.
That was funny... I'd see the green room from afar before, and had panicked because I saw so many people there, and it looked to be very near the end. (which it is) Surprisingly enough, very few people seemed to managed to get past that. I actually enjoyed it; it was the more "generic maze" sections that I didn't care too much for.

Anyway, long story short etc... I got to the final puzzle (though I didn't know that then) and, can you believe it? got "physically stuck".
That happened to me as well, but in the moongate puzzle. I actually Recall'd out, and went back in the hard way. THEN Naddict showed up to me, (we had quite a bit of discussion while I was in there) and berated me (he berated me a lot while I was in there) for not paging staff instead.

Luckily for me, about 10 seconds before I decided to either a) start a long and probably expensive relationship with a private sanatorium in California or b) spend the next three days sitting through the whole of Peter Greenaway's oeuvre in a catatonic stupor (light entertainment after this), Seer Zatoichi responded to my help request. When I asked him what my chances were of completing the maze before the men in white coats arrived, he replied "well you've done 99% of it, so pretty good - maybe one in three...".
Heh, reminds me again, of when I got to the very last segment, and Naddict came to congratulate me. I didn't realize that it was the end right there, until he responded to my question of "how much left do I have to go?" and he responded with "30 tiles." A shame no one got to saw the look on my face at that point. :p

PS NtK - I think you should edit your post so as not to spoil things for future masochists (erm... I mean maze goers).
Actually, it was noted to me that EvilChild (the 1st place finisher) had actually fallen for that trick the previous time through, and never finished.

Naddict

Sorceror

Glad to see you guys enjoyed yourselves in the maze :p

Looks like I'm going to have to do a total revamp for next time since you guys are starting to learn my tricks. Also as a note, next time we run the maze the area will not allow players to cast gate travel. We had an issue with a guild getting one person into the grass room and gating in the rest of them.

Naddict;328576 said:
We had an issue with a guild getting one person into the grass room and gating in the rest of them.
Ah, that would explain the people I saw in there. I could've sworn I saw too many people in there a previous time as well.