UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Demise Harvest Festival

LadyCrimson

Wanderer
Re: Demise Harvest Festival

Please remember the cut off for house and story entries is TONIGHT at MIDNIGHT!

Please get those together and make this a successful Harvest Festival!

LC

Ulrich

Wanderer

question on the pet tourney.... is there a way you could make it so you can lore from the stands?... would be kind of fun to see the specs on some of these pets. :D

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

At this moment in time I am not comfortable editing the layout of the pet tournie area HOWEVER I'll pass this suggestion on for future tournies :)

Harlee

Wanderer

Ulrich;328152 said:
I probably missed it... but where is this fair grounds located? :)

Please, I am also looking for the location of the festival grounds.

uome

Bug Hunter

There is an orange moongate in luna which takes you to the festival grounds.

Kowe

Wanderer

Kowe;324511 said:
Sounds like fun! This will be the first major event I attend and I look forward to the maze. Do all events have prizes of some kind or is this just a "relax and have fun" kinda thing.

Either way I'm pumped :D

Statement about maze retracted.

I hate that maze.... it's stupid... and smelly... and I just goddamn hate it.

after an hour you just end up back at the beginning! AHHH. I give up.

-CBFS-

Sorceror

I really liked that PvM-arena event, but then the double fight stage started:

- At first I thought I had to fight the other guy I was pulled with in the arena.
- Then Naddict tells me we will both fight the same type of paragon.
- I wanted to tell the other guy we should concentrate on one paragon, but then figured it would be better for each one to get his own (due to the other paragon's speed). So I don't tell him anything.
- The fight starts and I find out that I couldn't move freely and kept bumping into something. Incidentally the tiles I was bumping into had corpses on them so I thought it was them that were blocking me. By cornering myself without knowing it, the paragon dragon had no problem landing melee hits and I soon died, puzzled at what was happening with the arena.

Me: 'What happened?'
Naddict: 'You died'

:)

Then I explain that I kept bumping into something, which turned out to be an invisible wall that was separating the arena in half. And about which nothing was mentioned beforehand.

Next time, please let us know about all the parameters of the fight (in more detailed event descriptions) - I understand that this was the first event of this type here.

you

Wanderer

Who won the house design contest? I wasn't able to come and im not at my computer with UO on it.

Heh, Naddict. Your infernal moongate alphabet may still be gibberish to me, but I *did* still make it out the end of your maze. Plus, I snagged a carton of powder (like I don't ALREADY have enough of those) out of one of the chests: the puzzle on it was fun; moreplxkthx. (puzzles, not powder)

Results: third place. Next time I'll REMEMBER where that one hidden door is to get into the last "headache section." :p

kev6872

Wanderer

I had a great time at the events. Thanks to the staff for taking the time to put this on. I didn't do all the well at any of them but I had a lot of fun. The lets make a deal was great, I traded a special hair dye for 100 gp but what the hell. I could never walk away not knowing what was in the second bag. :)
Congrats to Sprite, I think he won damn near everythng he entered. lol

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

About the PvM tournie (don't know name) - you were informed the arena was split in half before it started.

Everyone else - Several of the events were "first times" for us so we will be taking notes away and working at improving them. I hope you all are having a great time!

Story and House winners have NOT been announced yet - they will after the Pet Tournie at the closing ceremony :) I'll be making a post afterwards to announce ALL winners.

Feersum Endjinn;328340 said:
PS Famous last words... :p
As I pointed out to Naddict while in there, a lot of it is stuff that is ridiculously hard to figure out, but is pretty easy once you know the answer. Apparently, he's demented and never really understood the proper definition for "challenge." :p

I developed a bunch of strategies to help me through there... One of the ones I'll note is that during NORMAL "maze" sections, it's okay to be mounted. But once you get to the compact little "headache room" sections (the moongate puzzle, the floating mazes, the tower/pit maze) you should dismount. Otherwise, slight lag could readily make you go too many spaces, resulting in your falling into a pit, or running right into another teleporter.