UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Does PvP Warriors use Bushido?

Does PvP Warriors use Bushido?

Saw some duels the other day, firstly, not really that many warriors, mostly were mages, and when there were some, all uses warfolks and shield.

Also, no lighting strikes visual effect at all, am I right guessing Bushido is not for PvP?

And if one were to use Bushido, what are they templates?

Re: Does PvP Warriors use Bushido?

i use bushido on my pvper, it makes it very difficult for archers or just other dexxers to hit you. Well in theory :). With 0 bushido and 120 parry you have like 35% chance to parry an attack with a one handed wep and shield, and next to none chance with 2 handed wep. However, with 120 bushido and 120 parry, you have a 45% chance to parry with a 2 handed wep. (not sure if im 100% correct on this though, i think i am)

Bushido at 120 is good cause you have a high chance of a critical hit with lightning strike. Also i like 2 handed weps cause they tend to do lots of damage and bushido pretty much makes that work. Confidence good too, as it heals you when u parry, and with 120 bushido and parry you parry a lot.

My temp is 120 swords, 120 parry, 120 bushido, 115 resist spells, 120 anatomy, 95 healing (or at least it will be when i get all the ps's i need :)). I have 30 points left over which il prob put into chiv. Id like to have chiv in my template for consecrate wep etc but cant fit it.

Lucifall

Knight

The sole reason not many are using bushido atm is broken evasion. That alone makes the skill quite unworthy of taking.

Lucifall;454595 said:
The sole reason not many are using bushido atm is broken evasion. That alone makes the skill quite unworthy of taking.

Riding swipe + lesser hiryu was enough for me

Lucifall;454595 said:

Though I am a noob, I wouldnt take BSD for the evasion, thus, I wouldn't forfeit BSD for evasion either.

BSD for me it's for the defense bonus as well as lighting strikes, 5 mana cost for 50% + hit and dmg ignore a certain layer of defence (which layer of it I don't remember), I think with leeching weapon, makes you quite a LS spamer.

But I don't know what are they keys elemet in a PvP built, so may be the above is not very much valued in a PvP combat, just like many PvP builts people don't take tactics, I think it's shocking to see at this stage of my UO experience.

Steven_Greer

Sorceror

romeo_longsword;454611 said:
Though I am a noob, I wouldnt take BSD for the evasion, thus, I wouldn't forfeit BSD for evasion either.

BSD for me it's for the defense bonus as well as lighting strikes, 5 mana cost for 50% + hit and dmg ignore a certain layer of defence (which layer of it I don't remember), I think with leeching weapon, makes you quite a LS spamer.

But I don't know what are they keys elemet in a PvP built, so may be the above is not very much valued in a PvP combat, just like many PvP builts people don't take tactics, I think it's shocking to see at this stage of my UO experience.

Ninja> bushido Alchemy>bushido taming+lore> bushido

magery only good if you have the ping though. I also find magery kinda boring in pvp. Its always the same spells spammed over and over. I find playing as a dexxer more fun.

My only problem with usin a lesser in pvp is that hiryus move so fuckin slow its unreal :)

Mister Dank

Knight

The Rogue Samurai Cloud;454688 said:
magery only good if you have the ping though. I also find magery kinda boring in pvp. Its always the same spells spammed over and over. I find playing as a dexxer more fun.

My only problem with usin a lesser in pvp is that hiryus move so fuckin slow its unreal :)

Then I would suggest the second option:

Mister Dank;454674 said:
magery or gtfo

The Rogue Samurai Cloud;454539 said:
i use bushido on my pvper, it makes it very difficult for archers or just other dexxers to hit you. Well in theory :). With 0 bushido and 120 parry you have like 35% chance to parry an attack with a one handed wep and shield, and next to none chance with 2 handed wep. However, with 120 bushido and 120 parry, you have a 45% chance to parry with a 2 handed wep. (not sure if im 100% correct on this though, i think i am)

Bushido at 120 is good cause you have a high chance of a critical hit with lightning strike. Also i like 2 handed weps cause they tend to do lots of damage and bushido pretty much makes that work. Confidence good too, as it heals you when u parry, and with 120 bushido and parry you parry a lot.

My temp is 120 swords, 120 parry, 120 bushido, 115 resist spells, 120 anatomy, 95 healing (or at least it will be when i get all the ps's i need :)). I have 30 points left over which il prob put into chiv. Id like to have chiv in my template for consecrate wep etc but cant fit it.

You have no tactics, does that not hurt your damage?

nah i get damage inc from anatomy and damage increase on items. tactics isnt worth the skill points in my opinion.

oh i see, gtfo = get the fuck out. cute. so in response i say stfuf = shut the fuck up faggot to mister wank

The Rogue Samurai Cloud;454794 said:
nah i get damage inc from anatomy and damage increase on items. tactics isnt worth the skill points in my opinion.

Does this only apply to PvP, or to PvM as well in your view?

Because just now, I have tried to reduced my tact from GM to 20, and my damage is at least 25% reduced, leaving myself in great danger when fighting mods.

for pvm id take tactics. my fave char (and first) cloud used to have some random skills cause i didnt know what i was doin when i first started. i had things like archery + swords + spellweave + bushido + ninjitsu lol. But i eventually got it right. I had

swords, tactics, anatomy, healing, parry, bushido, necro. i used to use curse wep etc for life leech, and i just liked animating dead. hence the necro. They were all at 100 each tho. i decided to make cloud pvp when i got my tamer sorted as he would be my pvmer. so on cloud i dropped tactics for resist (to stop bein paralyzed etc) i made up the damgae inc by havin 120 anatomy and damage inc items (anatomy really handy cause it gives damage inc and u need it to heal). i also dropped necro so i could bring all my skills to 120

Lucifall

Knight

The Rogue Samurai Cloud;454688 said:

And what makes you believe that pressing your abilities keys and running after someone like a headless chicken is less boring?

The spells that are cast depends on who is playing the character. A really good mage will use in the very least 15 spells frequently (damage spells, fields, summons, buffs, debuffs).

As a side note, I think tactics can be good or bad depending on your character. I tend to get high tactics and 80.1 anatomy + 90.1 healing on archers so I can still rez and deal good damage without having to use spells. In the other hand, I rarely use tactics on my necro macers, if ever.

romeo_longsword;454525 said:
Saw some duels the other day, firstly, not really that many warriors, mostly were mages, and when there were some, all uses warfolks and shield.

Also, no lighting strikes visual effect at all, am I right guessing Bushido is not for PvP?

And if one were to use Bushido, what are they templates?

Bushido can be effective for PVP. A bushido meleer is an archer killer. From personal experience, counter attack VS flying arrow is quite effective.

Bushido meleers can go up to some mages and kill a few of them, but mages will usually disarm you, making you 100% vulnerable as you have just lost your attack AND defense (Unless of course you're also 4/6 chivalry, then you teach them a lesson with holy light spamming until you can re-arm). Therefore magery is still the king for pvp, although with bushido you can certainly fare well if you know how to use your abilities.

They're great in groups to work as protectors because a good samurai has so much defense to penetrate that they can take a while to kill (Evasion VS mage dump, they are the most likely to survive a group, especially if they also have DCI). Also decent for getting power scrolls out in one piece.

Here's a few bushido class ideas:

- Bushido Paladin (Quite popular and powerful)
- Pure Samurai (Specializing in healing and resisting spells as well as damage modifiers like tactics and anatomy)
- Bushido Necromancer (These are fun, but hard to make)
- Bushido Mage (Can be quite powerful and an absolutely retarded class to try and land a melee hit on if they have parrying AND DCI)
- Bushido Ninja (Best of both worlds, limited with some spells as some require secondaries like parrying and stealth)
- Bushido Spellweaver (Unpopular because of the higher mana cost, but I've seen these around. Not sure how effective it would be mind you).

Balthazar-demise;454917 said:
Bushido can be effective for PVP. A bushido meleer is an archer killer. From personal experience, counter attack VS flying arrow is quite effective.

Bushido meleers can go up to some mages and kill a few of them, but mages will usually disarm you, making you 100% vulnerable as you have just lost your attack AND defense (Unless of course you're also 4/6 chivalry, then you teach them a lesson with holy light spamming until you can re-arm). Therefore magery is still the king for pvp, although with bushido you can certainly fare well if you know how to use your abilities.

They're great in groups to work as protectors because a good samurai has so much defense to penetrate that they can take a while to kill (Evasion VS mage dump, they are the most likely to survive a group, especially if they also have DCI). Also decent for getting power scrolls out in one piece.

Here's a few bushido class ideas:

- Bushido Paladin (Quite popular and powerful)
- Pure Samurai (Specializing in healing and resisting spells as well as damage modifiers like tactics and anatomy)
- Bushido Necromancer (These are fun, but hard to make)
- Bushido Mage (Can be quite powerful and an absolutely retarded class to try and land a melee hit on if they have parrying AND DCI)
- Bushido Ninja (Best of both worlds, limited with some spells as some require secondaries like parrying and stealth)
- Bushido Spellweaver (Unpopular because of the higher mana cost, but I've seen these around. Not sure how effective it would be mind you).

man you summed it up in one :). bushido does kick archer ass. Im a pure samurai at min, but would like to get some chiv, just cant fit it into template:(