UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Does PvP Warriors use Bushido?

Re: Does PvP Warriors use Bushido?

magery is overpowered. your spells cant be blocked, you cant be silenced (like every rpg in the world except uo)meaning you cant be stopped from casting, you can fight while running like a pussy, or can stand and fight if ya got the balls.

dexxers can be disarmed, dexxers have to chase, dexxers cant fight from afar.

basically what do all the following have in common. Gandalf, Harry Potter, Merlin. They are all mages and they all suck!!! what do these have in common. Leonidas, Aragorn, Legolas, Jubei from ninja scroll, Wolverine from the xmen. they are all dexxers and they rock.

lol :)

Steven_Greer

Sorceror

The Rogue Samurai Cloud;455667 said:
magery is overpowered. your spells cant be blocked, you cant be silenced (like every rpg in the world except uo)meaning you cant be stopped from casting, you can fight while running like a pussy, or can stand and fight if ya got the balls.

basically what do all the following have in common. Gandalf, Harry Potter, Merlin. They are all mages and they all suck!!! what do these have in common. Leonidas, Aragorn, Legolas, Jubei from ninja scroll, Wolverine from the xmen. they are all dexxers and they rock.

Uhh magery spells can be fizzled, they have to stop to cast them as well. It takes over a second to cast some magery spells which is plenty of time for dexxers to hit them. Also if a mage has a weapon skill it can be disarmed and most of the retarded people here playing dexxers cry because of their inability to make a decent pvp template.
It's not mages, it's you guys making the SAME EXACT COOKIE CUTTER TEMPLATES for the past 3 years. If people actually made variations on templates, played them well or knew how to play a dexxer they would be able to kill people.
When I kill a mage in their corpse I would find bolas, pots, food, regs.
When I kill a dexxer in their corpse they have bandages and maybe arrows( for archers).

The people that play mages tend to be smarter players, the ones who play dex monkeys are usually bad players that don't understand pvp and complain when they die.

Steven_Greer;455720 said:
Uhh magery spells can be fizzled, they have to stop to cast them as well. It takes over a second to cast some magery spells which is plenty of time for dexxers to hit them. Also if a mage has a weapon skill it can be disarmed and most of the retarded people here playing dexxers cry because of their inability to make a decent pvp template.
It's not mages, it's you guys making the SAME EXACT COOKIE CUTTER TEMPLATES for the past 3 years. If people actually made variations on templates, played them well or knew how to play a dexxer they would be able to kill people.
When I kill a mage in their corpse I would find bolas, pots, food, regs.
When I kill a dexxer in their corpse they have bandages and maybe arrows( for archers).

The people that play mages tend to be smarter players, the ones who play dex monkeys are usually bad players that don't understand pvp and complain when they die.

or, the people who play dexxers prefer playin dexxers to mages. i mean it highly unlikely that people think ''wow im not smart enough to be a mage in uo'' and become dexxer. it all a matter of preference.

and as for dexxer templates bein the same, what about everyone havin necro mages? that more common than bushido swordsman! the reason all dexxers have ROUGHLY the same template is because there aint excatly a lot of templates u can make for pvp that are good. you need heal and anatomy to heal, you need resist cause of mages, you need parry to parry, you need wep skill for a wep. that 5 skills that are necessary. so u have a very limited amount of skill points to spend elsewhere. you also have like 4 choices to spend them on. chiv, bushido, poison, necro mainly. so, that why all dexxer templated roughly the same.

PS- i take it you have the most unique, unseen template in the whole of uo? but more realisticly, i bet you have the same mage template as everyone else. and i also think u need to be smarter to play a dexxer. you have to try and cut peole of (since u cant catch them cause everyone runs like the same speed). as a mage u just run and hit hotkeys. pure shite

Steven_Greer

Sorceror

The Rogue Samurai Cloud;455757 said:
or, the people who play dexxers prefer playin dexxers to mages. i mean it highly unlikely that people think ''wow im not smart enough to be a mage in uo'' and become dexxer. it all a matter of preference.

and as for dexxer templates bein the same, what about everyone havin necro mages? that more common than bushido swordsman! the reason all dexxers have ROUGHLY the same template is because there aint excatly a lot of templates u can make for pvp that are good. you need heal and anatomy to heal, you need resist cause of mages, you need parry to parry, you need wep skill for a wep. that 5 skills that are necessary. so u have a very limited amount of skill points to spend elsewhere. you also have like 4 choices to spend them on. chiv, bushido, poison, necro mainly. so, that why all dexxer templated roughly the same.

PS- i take it you have the most unique, unseen template in the whole of uo? but more realisticly, i bet you have the same mage template as everyone else. and i also think u need to be smarter to play a dexxer. you have to try and cut peole of (since u cant catch them cause everyone runs like the same speed). as a mage u just run and hit hotkeys. pure shite

My best mage was a ninja-scribe wrestle mage, I once killed a 7v1 at the moongate with it. Why I was able to do that? because 3 of the 7 had the same exact build and exact same tactic (mortal + para) 2 were bushido stampeders, 1 was a dp fencer and the other were an awful mage.

Ask some of the people I used to fight against or along with, they'll say I had a different style of mage pvp. I also have a necro mage which I found to be worse than my scribe ninja mage. BTW trust me no dexxers here are smart, that's why they all drop like flies. None of them use potions + ep or alchemy. None have several methods to heal and cure. None of them have any planned tactics to kill people, they just mash weapon skills and the bushido people use lightning strike and counter shot for arrows. I've seen smart dexxers use scrolls to cast mage spells like teleport and wall of stone to stay alive.

As for your mages hit keys and run comment. You're a moron, there's a delay on spell timing, you can't run and cast it takes over a second for some high mage spells. People that play them learn actual combos and tactics like stun punch + drop.

J

John Doe

Steven_Greer;455775 said:
People that play them learn actual combos and tactics like stun punch + drop.

No.

So far, I highly agree with The Rogue Samurai Cloud to honest, on his comment about:

1) People play warrior by choice, not because they cant play a mage - to think player choose to play warrior in PvP because they can't play a mage, it's quite silly.

2) Templates are similar to each other because people work with what's effective - This is natural, should not be needed to be explained.

The Rogue Samurai Cloud;455666 said:
man you summed it up in one :). bushido does kick archer ass. Im a pure samurai at min, but would like to get some chiv, just cant fit it into template:(

4/6 Chiv Samurai would be deadly if you could get great resist, medeable armor and 4/6 (Unfortunately, that will be harder to do without inquisitors). I don't know anyone who has pulled that off but I can definitely see the potential.

The Rogue Samurai Cloud;455667 said:

Magery is "slightly" overpowered here because it hasn't incorporated a few osi changes to magery such as tactics requirement for special shots and disarmable spellbooks (Recent Change). There are also a few UOML specials vs a mage, psychic attack comes to mind. So yes, you are correct in some of your assumptions.

I only say "slightly" because mages aren't all overpowered. They have weaknesses, such as every other class. A personal fav of mine is bleed + strangle + lethal nox. That's a wickod mean combo to play on a mage. If they call it "cheap" toss in the argument of "spamming disarm".

EvilChild

Knight

Balthazar-demise;455922 said:
4/6 Chiv Samurai would be deadly if you could get great resist, medeable armor and 4/6 (Unfortunately, that will be harder to do without inquisitors). I don't know anyone who has pulled that off but I can definitely see the potential.

im working on it

but ill have necro ss too

and yes

mages are overpowered

they always have been and always will be. The system itself supports mages, for reasons already stated. Being a skilled mage is much easier than being a skilled dexxer.

however, most dexxers are underpowered relative to mages because they don't think outside of the box. They rely on 2 hotkeys to hope for a win, they rely on bandies, etc to stay alive. So most dexxers use cookie cutter templates and are generally unskilled. However a well played dexxer template can still eat peoples faces off

Mister Dank;456013 said:
Magery is the reason this game is still being played.

Thats probably the most stupid thing ive ever heard. I play because its fun, not because theres magery. What does that even mean?

I have a tamer/mage/spellweaver and i prefer my bushido swordsman.

And as for mages bein the most powerful, you get owned in gaunt all the time. In gaunt its skilled dexxers or tamers that make it work. Ive turned up in gaunt to find everyone running around like idiots dying all the time (all mages). Its only when a tamer or dexxer arive that things get under control. Mages cant tank, they just run around like pussys dying all the time

Steven_Greer

Sorceror

The Rogue Samurai Cloud;456133 said:
Thats probably the most stupid thing ive ever heard. I play because its fun, not because theres magery. What does that even mean?

I have a tamer/mage/spellweaver and i prefer my bushido swordsman.

And as for mages bein the most powerful, you get owned in gaunt all the time. In gaunt its skilled dexxers or tamers that make it work. Ive turned up in gaunt to find everyone running around like idiots dying all the time (all mages). Its only when a tamer or dexxer arive that things get under control. Mages cant tank, they just run around like pussys dying all the time

Than you've never seen my gaunt mage, it kills mobs faster than 2 dexxers. It can tank. Oh and btw gauntlet accounts for very little, no one gives a shit about what works in trammel, the title of the thread relates to pvp.

Steven_Greer;456173 said:
Than you've never seen my gaunt mage, it kills mobs faster than 2 dexxers. It can tank. Oh and btw gauntlet accounts for very little, no one gives a shit about what works in trammel, the title of the thread relates to pvp.

the title of the thread also relates to dexxers usin bushido, not magery. I answerd the question the guy who posted the thread asked, you never.

and ive been in gaunt for like 3 months solid now, and i aint ever seen a mage solo better than 2 dexxers. The 2 people who own gaunt in my opinion are lord gio and lord homer. both dexxers

Mister Dank

Knight

The Rogue Samurai Cloud;456133 said:
blah blah blah

I didn't say you played because of magery.
Without the magery skill the pvp would lack a lot of depth. Without that depth this game would have already been completely buried years ago.

i completely disagree. so in your opinion the only good thing about uo is magery? my man you obviously suck and havent really done anything in the game. and as for depth. ''hmm, shall i use heal or greater heal? Shall i use fireball or harm? shall i run away? yes'' nothin deep about it, just your own personal choice in spells.

dexxers have more depth. we have to choose which wep skill, which wep, 2 handed or 1 handed, shield or no shield, which weps have good special moves, can i find away to corner this guy im fighting. Mages just cast spells at there opponent then run away

Conan22

Page

/\

I agree, I guess the template & tactical variations for dexxer more numerous.

Of course, it's my opinion. :)

yep in my opinion aswell. But when some moron types ''magery or gtfo'' i feel compeled to argue with the guy that he bein an idiot. Hence the 4 pages of comments :)

Steven_Greer

Sorceror

The Rogue Samurai Cloud;456361 said:
yep in my opinion aswell. But when some moron types ''magery or gtfo'' i feel compeled to argue with the guy that he bein an idiot. Hence the 4 pages of comments :)

You do realize that just about any pvper on the server that doesn't actually suck will disagree with you. The greatest part is you're probably some crappy dexxer as well. The only real dexxers on demise are crackheadbob's chiv dexxers, mae'var, Kenneth Kaniff, animosity's dexxers. The rest drop in under 15 seconds.

Paul can't even walk, but he runs circles around you dexxers.