UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Doom and Things (Re: 17 days in Doom)

Dexter-LoM

Knight
Shit gonna bring the char out. And fix the template. Got 700 luck on my suit but just plain archer.

Template ill fix will be
120 archery
115 tactic
70 chiv

Now what would be best tamer or necro archer?
I got a good cu or a solid gd

No leet bows as.in slayers. So basicly my best bow is comp ssi 30 di 35 mana l 30 hld 25

Got a sweet mage with 50 sdi but until I finish moving my ping is terrible to cast anything.

hickman48

Knight
Shit gonna bring the char out. And fix the template. Got 700 luck on my suit but just plain archer.

Template ill fix will be
120 archery
115 tactic
70 chiv

Now what would be best tamer or necro archer?
I got a good cu or a solid gd

No leet bows as.in slayers. So basicly my best bow is comp ssi 30 di 35 mana l 30 hld 25

Got a sweet mage with 50 sdi but until I finish moving my ping is terrible to cast anything.

archer with gd would give you more dmg than cu but cu is faster so if there alot of people cu would be better

hickman48

Knight
can anybody explain luck from armor and luck from honor stackable or not?

They do stack so with demise current gear luck is maxed out at 1585 and 1000 from perfection you can hit 2585

20 luck on sash
200 aof
200 weapon
150 jesters hat
100 ring
100 bracelet
300 neck
140 gloves
140 legs
140 sleeves
95 robe
1000 perfection

kolbycrouch

Knight
They do stack so with demise current gear luck is maxed out at 1585 and 1000 from perfection you can hit 2585

20 luck on sash
200 aof
200 weapon
150 jesters hat
100 ring
100 bracelet
300 neck
140 gloves
140 legs
140 sleeves
95 robe
1000 perfection

Them stacking is questionable, but either way this is false. with this suite, your not a dexxer, your a mage. Spells and Pet damage do not achieve perfection, and I'm assuming your not hitting it with SoP.

hickman48

Knight
Them stacking is questionable, but either way this is false. with this suite, your not a dexxer, your a mage. Spells and Pet damage do not achieve perfection, and I'm assuming your not hitting it with SoP.

Sops + lighting strike is all you need you dont need to deal dmg wtih sops + lighting strike just need the perfection cap once you hit that you can quit attacking switch to a book and go back to spaming spells.

kolbycrouch

Knight
Sops + lighting strike is all you need you dont need to deal dmg wtih sops + lighting strike just need the perfection cap once you hit that you can quit attacking switch to a book and go back to spaming spells.

But does this work? my feeling is that it might on demise, but from what I've read about OSI mechanics, having a pet or your spells attack a monster, it actually breaks your perfection, because those actions are considered "dishonorable". Either way, you know what I'm trying to say, it's very unlikely that anyone would take up that tactic. In my opinion, I could use a tamer/archer or mage or tamer/mage instead of plain archer, do more damage than I currently do, and even have more luck, but the biggest factor is how much effort you have to put in. With my archer, I'm nearly afk, I just watch it swing at the boss's and run from room to room. Even if it takes several more rounds to give me the same points, it's much easier and takes much less effort than some other tactics. If I'm going to spend hours down there, I'm not going to be manually casting spells every 1/4 or 3/4 of a second, because that makes it seem like it's taking forever to get something. When you manually have to cast lightning and heal yourself fighting a dark father, you need to be fairly attentive, with my samp archer, I just stick him on the tile and shoot away, I barely even have to touch the keyboard, just need to run to other rooms that's it.

hickman48

Knight
But does this work? my feeling is that it might on demise, but from what I've read about OSI mechanics, having a pet or your spells attack a monster, it actually breaks your perfection, because those actions are considered "dishonorable".

It hurts your honor gains dont think it actually effects perfection you honor the target to start perfection but after that i don't think it actually matters.

Dexter-LoM

Knight
But does this work? my feeling is that it might on demise, but from what I've read about OSI mechanics, having a pet or your spells attack a monster, it actually breaks your perfection, because those actions are considered "dishonorable". Either way, you know what I'm trying to say, it's very unlikely that anyone would take up that tactic. In my opinion, I could use a tamer/archer or mage or tamer/mage instead of plain archer, do more damage than I currently do, and even have more luck, but the biggest factor is how much effort you have to put in. With my archer, I'm nearly afk, I just watch it swing at the boss's and run from room to room. Even if it takes several more rounds to give me the same points, it's much easier and takes much less effort than some other tactics. If I'm going to spend hours down there, I'm not going to be manually casting spells every 1/4 or 3/4 of a second, because that makes it seem like it's taking forever to get something. When you manually have to cast lightning and heal yourself fighting a dark father, you need to be fairly attentive, with my samp archer, I just stick him on the tile and shoot away, I barely even have to touch the keyboard, just need to run to other rooms that's it.

actully it does work on Osi also for the luck bonus,REWRIGHT for Clarification

Luck Bonus comes Bushido not from Honor Virtue.

You need to honor using the virtue but the bonus actully comes from Bushido.

You will gain less points in the virtue but we are going for the luck bonus from The Skill Bushido so it really does not matter.

kolbycrouch

Knight
It hurts your honor gains dont think it actually effects perfection you honor the target to start perfection but after that i don't think it actually matters.

You could very well be right. I've been told by several people though, that perfection doesn't stack with items, I've also been told the opposite several times. I would have to look at the C# scripts to know for sure. Either way, I know you get what I'm trying to say, so should others, even if it takes you 1.5 or 2 times as many kills to get an artifact, it's much easier on your psyche if your doing something simple, instead of having to cast spells non-stop and/or bandage a pet.

hickman48

Knight
You could very well be right. I've been told by several people though, that perfection doesn't stack with items, I've also been told the opposite several times. I would have to look at the C# scripts to know for sure. Either way, I know you get what I'm trying to say, so should others, even if it takes you 1.5 or 2 times as many kills to get an artifact, it's much easier on your psyche if your doing something simple, instead of having to cast spells non-stop and/or bandage a pet.

Yea but you could still pull off that much luck on a dexxor -20 since 140 on weapons + 40 on shiled or 180 on a bow.

here is the uoguide link that talks about stacking luck i forgot about the sphynx

http://www.uoguide.com/Luck

kolbycrouch

Knight
Yea but you could still pull off that much luck on a dexxor -20 since 140 on weapons + 40 on shiled or 180 on a bow.

Yes I suppose you could use that, but it's not always practical to get 140 on a wep, and you can only get 160 on a bow :D Besides nobody is going to burn a bunch of kits using oak wood. I know I'm sounding like a ranter, your only point was to explain how much luck one can get, and it was correct. My only point was that most people won't find it practical to go to that extreme, decently high luck/decently high damage + maximum simplicity is what most people end up going with, atleast me, but maybe I'm just super lazy.

Lippy-

Sorceror
I've seen plenty of naked noob archers show up one day , in a few days I have seen some get dryad and HH , etc .

All the years I farmed it, I still think I never got a Dryad bow to drop in my pack , but I had seen about 50 people get them when I was hunting with them .

Luck isn't everything , but the drops were good when I was using a pack of HH (before AI) and 1222 luck , up to 350 dps depending ....... the drops were also great for the others around me , OMG I JUST GOT " " !!!!! .

And I would run to the next room swearing :)

kgb

Squire
I've seen plenty of naked noob archers show up one day , in a few days I have seen some get dryad and HH , etc .

All the years I farmed it, I still think I never got a Dryad bow to drop in my pack , but I had seen about 50 people get them when I was hunting with them .

Luck isn't everything , but the drops were good when I was using a pack of HH (before AI) and 1222 luck , up to 350 dps depending ....... the drops were also great for the others around me , OMG I JUST GOT " " !!!!! .

And I would run to the next room swearing :)

according on my own experience - doing gauntlet without luck - that is kind of suicide action

kgb

Squire
sitting in doom for all that week, more than 10 hours per day, sometimes i even forget to eat, my eyes naturally begins bleeding, and here what i got:

maul
aegis
fang
dreadlord
dreadlord
shadow dancer
bonecrusher
ringofvile
ringofvile
crownharrower
holyknightbreast
bladeofinsanity

guys, does there anybody who have same luck as me? we can unite and share all that shit between each other to collect full pack of bullshit artys, also we can crying together about ornys, totems, aofs and about all this ppl who obtain an valuable artys just came to gauntlet.

all that looks like it's time to visit the church...

Diz

Wanderer
20 hours, 75k of tithing, 750 wep durability to get Holy Knight's Breastplate
25 hours, 50k tithing, 750 wep durability to get Legacy of the Dread Lord

600-700 luck entire time, doing my share of damage... as a melee, I have to leave to repair, meaning gold skulls (fort powder yeah yeah yeah)... plus the tithing... plus insurance from deaths... this entire process has actually set me back several 100k when all is said and done.

What the hell is the point of doing this?