UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Earth was RAPED

Howl

Sorceror
Re: Earth was RAPED

Tawny Roberts;795193 said:
what makes you think i watch fox news other than the fact that your a fucking fag that makes unfair assumptions about people for no reason

i said i called bullshit because the video almost seems cartoonish im not trying to press my personal views on anyone else and your allowed to believe whatever it is you hear from the filtered media all you want im not stopping you

(i think this is why people arent attracted to this server is because of rude ignorant kids like the one above)

it was a general comment about the kind of idiots who make comments like that. but to be honest, you do sound like someone who watches fox a lot, especially since you made that homophobic comment.

and hey, aren't you the guy who stalked some 13 year old girl around gaunt calling her names?

and again it's very amusing that you think my views come from the media. i'm about as aware of media bullshit as one can get. you probably couldn't even name any papers or channels i trust.

Howl;795197 said:
it was a general comment about the kind of idiots who make comments like that. but to be honest, you do sound like someone who watches fox a lot, especially since you made that homophobic comment.

and hey, aren't you the guy who stalked some 13 year old girl around gaunt calling her names?

and again it's very amusing that you think my views come from the media. i'm about as aware of media bullshit as one can get. you probably couldn't even name any papers or channels i trust.

dont watch television. havent been to gauntlet and god knows how long, but no i dont usually even talk to people in game. and lastly i dont CARE to name any of the papers or channels you trust....

also i refuse to feed your forum trolling ego so if you wish to dispute with me in game im more than willing

Howl

Sorceror

Tawny Roberts;795200 said:
dont watch television. havent been to gauntlet and god knows how long, but no i dont usually even talk to people in game. and lastly i dont CARE to name any of the papers or channels you trust....

also i refuse to feed your forum trolling ego so if you wish to dispute with me in game im more than willing

so don't fucking call everything in thread bullshit without even reading it properly.

and we can duel if you like, if you feel that's important.

Pont

Knight

Unlike other weapons, nuclear weapons can effectively prevent wars and the mass destruction of people, property and cultures.

Russia and the US have signed a strategic nuclear arms reduction treaty (START). Officially, the treaty cuts their weapons by one-third — in fact, each party will decommission only several dozen.
Nevertheless, the treaty is a considerable achievement. It normalizes political relations between the two countries, thereby facilitating their further cooperation and rapprochement.
The return of strategic nuclear weapons to the center of world politics increases Russia’s political weight and highlights the field in which Russia can still assert itself as a superpower. It also gives a political boost to US President Barack Obama, cast as the most constructive and progressive president for decades and possibly for many years to come.
After the treaty was signed, the US hosted a nuclear non-­proliferation summit, a landmark event for the Obama administration, which has made the fight against nuclear proliferation a trademark policy. The few accords reached at the summit, although welcome, are not as significant as the impression that the summit created, that world leaders are ready to work together to confront nuclear proliferation.
Debates about the role of nuclear weapons in the modern world, as well as in the future, are only beginning. The world system on which past discussions of nuclear weapons were based has become almost unrecognizable, calling into question the adequacy of the mentality and concepts inherited from that system.
The heart of the matter is that it is obvious nuclear weapons are immoral. An A-bomb is millions of times more immoral than a spear or sword, hundreds of thousands of times more immoral than a rifle, thousands of times more immoral than a machine gun and hundreds of times more immoral than salvo systems or cluster bombs.
Nuclear arms also have a significant moral distinction. Unlike other weapons, they are an effective means of preventing ­­large-scale wars and mass destruction of people, property and cultures that have plagued humanity throughout recorded history. To reject nuclear weapons and strive for their elimination is, no doubt, a moral aim, at least in the abstract, but it is feasible only if humanity changes.
Apparently, the advocates of eliminating nuclear weapons believe that such change is possible. I do not. Indeed, the risks of a world without nuclear weapons — or only a minimal number of them — are tremendous.
Nuclear deterrence — a threat to kill hundreds of thousands or millions of people — is a concept that does not fit into traditional morals. Yet it has worked, preventing catastrophic wars, while making people more civilized and cautious. When one pole of nuclear deterrence weakened, because of Russia’s political decline in the 1990s, NATO, a defensive union of democratic and peaceful states, committed aggression against Yugoslavia. Now that Russia has restored its capability, such a move would be unthinkable. After Yugoslavia, there was an unprovoked attack on Iraq.
In a nearly perfect world, Russia and the US would not need large nuclear stockpiles, but cutting nuclear weapons to a bare minimum in current conditions would give a big advantage to small nuclear powers, which will see their nuclear potential gain near-parity with larger states.
Moreover, reducing nuclear weapons to a minimum might theoretically enhance the usefulness of missile defense systems and their destabilizing role and even non-strategic missile defense systems, the deployment of which might be useful, will be questioned.
If stockpiles of tactical nuclear weapons are reduced, as some US, European and Russian experts have proposed, the opponents of Russia’s ongoing military reform will have even more reason to object to reconfiguring the country’s conventional armed forces away from confrontation with NATO toward a flexible-response capability vis-a-vis other threats.
Similarly, if the US withdraws its largely nominal tactical nuclear weapons from Europe, US-Europe strategic ties would weaken. Many Europeans, above all in the new NATO member states, would then demand more protection from the mythical Russian Leviathan.
The world community seems to be losing its strategic bearings. Instead of focusing on the real problem, namely the increasingly unstable international order, it is trying to apply Cold War-era concepts of disarmament. At best, these are marginally useful — more often, they are harmful in today’s circumstances.
What is most needed nowadays is clear thinking about how to live with an expanding club of nuclear states, while keeping the world relatively stable. To this end, the two great nuclear powers need a coordinated deterrence policy toward new nuclear states. Simultaneously, they should offer guarantees to non-nuclear states that might feel insecure.
In the first place, it is ­necessary to fill the increasing security vacuum in the Middle East. China, the world’s rising strategic player, might join this policy, though it currently ranks third in terms of military power.
Arms-control talks are mostly needed for rendering national arsenals more transparent and for building confidence between the great powers. That is all there is to their usefulness.
So, instead of mimicking Cold War-era treaties, it is necessary to launch an international discussion about the role of military force and nuclear weapons in the world as it is now evolving. We might then eventually recognize that eliminating nuclear weapons is not just a myth, but a harmful myth, and that nuclear weapons are useful assets that have saved, and may continue to save, humanity from itself.

Feel free to pull this apart. ;) Enjoy.

Howl

Sorceror

I think the ironic thing about that article is that many of the nuclear weapons we have today were built under the assumptions of the Cold War. Yes, nuclear deterrents have saved lives, but what about now? What realistic threat do any of the superpowers face? The US directs economic warfare at any state that may question its position, and has attempted to overthrow over 50 states in its short history. These nations are far too powerful for nuclear weapons to add any great advantage to their security now. Especially as the only real threat now is one of terrorism - an exaggerated one at that - against which nuclear arms are redundant and other actions more often than not instigate it.

Pont

Knight

I guess the only real option left now is to use tactics such as inside attacks rather than direct force given the above.

Better still why not just help re-build a country and own all the good parts (industry) and not be responsible for the welfare of the people. Now thats what I call tactics.

Daywolf

Sorceror

woodycook;794877 said:
:D Yeah, I want to rule the world. Please phear me! :rolleyes:
So you agree with me then about the 2000+ nukes being set off with no major impact upon the world ecology. Good then. You can stop being afraid of what they claim.
Howl;794879 said:
Yes, because the nuclear disarmament campaign is full of people hell-bent on world domination
Yes.

Howl

Sorceror

Pont;795229 said:
I guess the only real option left now is to use tactics such as inside attacks rather than direct force given the above.

Better still why not just help re-build a country and own all the good parts (industry) and not be responsible for the welfare of the people. Now thats what I call tactics.

Keep talking like that and you'll earn yourself a job in US foreign affairs!

Pont

Knight

Howl;795245 said:
Keep talking like that and you'll earn yourself a job in US foreign affairs!
As long as I get to wear a green skirt and go bare chested apart from a sash. :D

Howl

Sorceror

Pont;795247 said:
As long as I get to wear a green skirt and go bare chested apart from a sash. :D

I don't think they'll mind as long as it isn't a taqiyah, turban, keffiyeh, shmagh or anything like that = P

Howl

Sorceror

Daywolf;795230 said:
So you agree with me then about the 2000+ nukes being set off with no major impact upon the world ecology. Good then. You can stop being afraid of what they claim.
Yes.

You are actually crazy.