UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Easy uo and IDOCS

Kalador

Wanderer
Easy uo and IDOCS

hi all, i Guess that game control is a task of the GMS, however, controlling all movement of ghosts within the game is impossible.-

Just a thought, If anyone is trying to locate an IDOC and discovers Ghosts within the zone, just PAGE a DM and hopefully they will come and BANN the ones that are using easyuo or RAZOR.-

I guess the idea of the game is to play and get fun, but maximaizing the few flaws of the game is for loosers.-

just roleplay and have fun!

luck to all

Moosebish

Wanderer
Re: Easy uo and IDOCS

Here's the problem... You can't tell for sure.

Of course 90% of the time a ghost is by a greatly worn house they're probably using a macro to see the time. But there is no way of knowing for sure. GMs can't tell because there is no output or motion that would show anyone that they're "cheating". Shoot, what if there's no ghost? What if they're hiding? There are just too many ways to do it and no way to restrict it.

Even if you were using a legal program like razor they wouldn't be able to tell. The only solution would be that you either make it illegal to run any programs or make it illegal for ghosts to hang out around worn houses for too long. Both of which would be rediculous.

Yes, you can screw up there macros by spamming "In Danger of Collapsing" near them. But they'll reset it. yes, you an move them. But they'll move back.

Sadly there is nothing, plausible, that can be done because any action against it would be too strict and too late.

Addicted

Disciple

The only thing that can be done to stop people from macroing the time of an idoc, is if the house name was change to this house is in danger of collapsing when it turns greatly.

The script wouldn't work at all.

Here's an idea. How about just make it when no one knows when a house will fall. Don't put anything on the sign saying what stage it's at, always just keep it hidden from players. The house owner should be the only one to know the condition of the house, and if he quits UO, it won't matter much then if he knows or not. At least players would then have no clue when houses fall. They just fall, you might get lucky and see loot on the ground if you're in the right placee at the right time but at least that would do away with IDOC camping, scripting.

Kalador

Wanderer
Easy uo and IDOCS

Well the the only viable and plausible solution is to make ghosting near an IDOCs illegal and BANNABLE!

No more ghosting near IDOCS! How about a POLL to vote for YES or NO to this rule????

Or, the GMS can try to implement a fast skill/fame/exp loose rate when u are dead, that way being dead is not a good idea (however, nothing prevents players having spare characters to go ghosting IDOCs)

Addicted

Disciple

Testamentx-hybrid said:
Here's an idea. How about just make it when no one knows when a house will fall. Don't put anything on the sign saying what stage it's at, always just keep it hidden from players. The house owner should be the only one to know the condition of the house, and if he quits UO, it won't matter much then if he knows or not. At least players would then have no clue when houses fall. They just fall, you might get lucky and see loot on the ground if you're in the right placee at the right time but at least that would do away with IDOC camping, scripting.

That's a good idea too.

Addicted

Disciple

Kalador said:
Well the the only viable and plausible solution is to make ghosting near an IDOCs illegal and BANNABLE!

No more ghosting near IDOCS! How about a POLL to vote for YES or NO to this rule????

That's retarded.

Why does it matter if a ghost is at an IDOC checking time? The ghost can't place anyways. Just keep revealing all over the place and kill anybody you see.

St George

Wanderer

Doesn't every click on the sign send a packet?

Make a small app that will try to detect on demand a pattern of data. Give access to it to all staff members. Let the CNSs detect cheaters and pass the cases to the GMs. This could be applied to all kinds of loops i guess..l

Wanka said:
I have ghosts at GWs.
I am timing manually, being a ghost at a GW doesn't = using easyuo you tit. It just means staying logged in so you can alt+tab every so often and write down the decay states on any you are watching to get an idea on the time it turned.
Don't be a moron.

Sure you dont cheat... That why you have an account registered on the AskChopper site and post under "Player Run Server Exploits". ... :D

Fire_Fang

Wanderer

SEX_MACHINE - Napa said:
Sure you dont cheat... That why you have an account registered on the AskChopper site and post under "Player Run Server Exploits". ... :D
I've been a member/bug tester on AC since way before I came here, there was good reason to cheat on the old production servers, those reasons don't exist here, the site has a policy of not accepting PR shard bugs to be honest as ruining free servers through excessive exploiting is something the admins do not want to be responsible for, the PR shard forum is used 90% for posting what shards you play/joining shards with your AskChopper buddies (its a community more than a bug site now fyi) and all the bugs posted there are 100% viewable by anyone so they can be picked up on and fixed almost instantly.
I do not cheat on Hybrid, I don't need to, and I never cheated to play on production servers, I only cheated for profit.

hivajisa

Wanderer

theres no reason to change anything with idoc leave it the way it is and start recording the houses droping adn then reporting them

mattfoley

Sorceror

i think instead of the house falling at exactly 28.8 hours should be changed. Make it so that it randomly drops within hours 28 and 29; could be 1 minute could be 59 minutes, or anywhere in between. This wouldnt stop the people doing the macro of placing the house. But it would make it more competitive and the people who are there macroing the house placement would probably die in the process.

ploki

Knight

here is the solution, and i'm willing to take one for the team...

just give me all the houses that are idoc, i'll root through the loot and distribute the houses (that are under 15x15) to random Hybrid players, and keep the houses that are larger than 15x15 to my guild mates.

Problem Solved.

Lint

Wanderer

Rofl. I agree with Ploki. Let his guildies have all of the 15x15's. Heh. But anywho, Why are people crying about placing when Idoc's fall anyway? Why not just be there and place as well. Aren't we all in competition for placing and loot anyway?

ploki

Knight

Lint said:
Aren't we all in competition for placing and loot anyway?

NO! the UO world is full of happiness and flying fairies. Nobody is vulgar or violent towards eachother. Pfft what game have you been playing?

oh, and thanks for seconding my idea for the IDOC scripting problem

Xx-GoD-xX

Knight

Bobby McPrescott said:
Just spam "this house is in danger of collapsing" - often times it messes with their script - and 50% of the time you can page, and a staff member will move the ghost off screen, also messing up the macro. And if they aren't using EasyUO - they just walk back, and there is no harm done.

And FYI - looping with Razor is bannable.

was just about to say that

Tommy Lee

Wanderer

Another IDOC tower just fell out of time.. i had a 2 hour window that started AT 6pm EST ... wtf is up with this shit....

I can understand if you guys want to drop big ones early to promote randomness not guys showing up 5 mins before...

If thats what you are doing then let us know. please.

hivajisa

Wanderer

Tommy Lee said:
Another IDOC tower just fell out of time.. i had a 2 hour window that started AT 6pm EST ... wtf is up with this shit....

I can understand if you guys want to drop big ones early to promote randomness not guys showing up 5 mins before...

If thats what you are doing then let us know. please.
u didnt have a perfect time on it and deal with it u will see that the bigger the house is the faster they fall