UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Gas is cheap.

Re: Gas is cheap.

83.4c per litre here.

1 litre = 0.264172052 US gallons.

So holy fuck ours is more expensive. heh.

83.4 is very cheap. In the summer is was $1.35 per litre.

uome

Bug Hunter

If i did my sums right then in the uk at the current exchange rate you would be paying.

$5.99 per gallon:eek:

It's come down by about 10% recently too.
It cost about £75 to fill my car up!

psz

Administrator

Just remember, you crazy UKers... Your gas is more expensive... So is you currency! ;->

(Though not as bad as pre-September, 2008... You guys were sitting at 1GBP == 2.01USD :-P)

Serenity

Wanderer

psz;475564 said:
Just remember, you crazy UKers... Your gas is more expensive... So is you currency! ;->

(Though not as bad as pre-September, 2008... You guys were sitting at 1GBP == 2.01USD :-P)

Well - to put it in perspective, the federal minimum wage is $7.25/h (according to US department of labor)

The UK minimum wage is $8.96/h (for over 21's).

This difference in income is considerably lower than the 2x(+) difference in living expenses we endure right across the board.

Added to the fact that we ALWAYS have to pay either 17.5% VAT or import duty (varies) on pretty much everything on top of that (with the exception of most foods, although some are charged at up to 21% VAT), and you can see that we have a lot more to bitch about than the weather.

Additionally, accounting for tax and national insurance, hourly income in the UK on minimum wage works out to $7.53 given a 35hr working week. Im not sure of the various taxes you US folks would pay at this income level, but I'd assume its considerably less than ours...

Finally, its silly to look at an exchange rate and attempt to work out the value of currency as its not a 1:1 relationship. I doubt very much you could buy 97x more goodies in tokyo than you could for the same amount of money in new york, even though there are currently 97 yen to the dollar ;)

uome

Bug Hunter

Serenity;475591 said:
and you can see that we have a lot more to bitch about than the weather.
But what would we do if we didn't have something to bitch about?
Thats what makes life interesting.

govt tax is the main difference
also should be noted that the UK is one fourtieth the land mass of the US and one fifth the population