UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Gas is cheap.

psz

Administrator
Re: Gas is cheap.

Serenity;475591 said:
Finally, its silly to look at an exchange rate and attempt to work out the value of currency as its not a 1:1 relationship. I doubt very much you could buy 97x more goodies in tokyo than you could for the same amount of money in new york, even though there are currently 97 yen to the dollar ;)

Trust me, when the British Pound is high compared to the US Dollar, our costs go up, and our profit DROPS LIKE A BRICK ;->

OTOH, we have customers who buy a LOT more in that situation, from us (They're England-based, afterall). When the dollar is low, buying from the US works out VERY well for them.

Thanks to my work, I always have to keep a close eye on the GBP, the Euro, Brazillian Real, Danish Krone, Chinese Yuan, and Swiss Franc.

The strength of the GBP and the USD can and have caused record profit months, and nearly shut us down.

(And the Yen has historically been considered equivillent to one penny, even though it's traded against the dollar... Hence why 100 yen in Japan generally buys you the same soft drink that $1.00 does in the US)

Just got to $1.99 at one place here in MA. Most are ~$2.05. Which is pretty awesome because I just started driving.

psz

Administrator

3.7843 litres to 1 gallon, folks.

0.2642 gallons to 1 litre, JUST FYI

Lippy

Wanderer

Around $2.30 per gallon here for 87 octane and $2.49 for 93 octane .

It is so much better than the $4.00 plus we had this summer .

I hear the cheapest fuel comes from cutting the fuel line on Zatoichi's car . ;)

Kelroth

Wanderer

Americans whine they pay 2-3$ per gallon whilst the rest of the world is paying at least 4.50$+ per gallon.

psz

Administrator

No, Americans whine when they go from $1.50/gal to $4.10/gal while oil companies are repeatedly obliterating previous profit margins, all while they use Gov't subsidies to buy their own stock back, and thus reduce the amount of money paid out to share holders, and thus keep the profits for themselves.

Mostly it's the $1.50 to $4.10, though :-P

psz;476345 said:
No, Americans whine when they go from $1.50/gal to $4.10/gal while oil companies are repeatedly obliterating previous profit margins, all while they use Gov't subsidies to buy their own stock back, and thus reduce the amount of money paid out to share holders, and thus keep the profits for themselves.

Mostly it's the $1.50 to $4.10, though :-P

That second part isn't so great.

Digatalas

Knight

I saw gas at 1.89 today in Alabama while driving home. needless to say i stop and put $10 in :D got me another 1/4 tank.

talshar

Wanderer

KillemallCFH;475866 said:
Just got to $1.99 at one place here in MA. Most are ~$2.05. Which is pretty awesome because I just started driving.
It's down to $1.74/gal in my area (DFW, TX) and when I started driving I was paying about 85 cents/gal.