UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

How To Make Money. For New Players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam-hybrid

Knight
How To Make Money. For New Players.

I have been asked many times how to make money in game so i thought i would write a GUIDE LINE to how i made all my money! now this wont happen over night and will take time an effort!

My Value Just Now Stands Around 120-150mil, Through Property And Items, i Have Only Been Playing This Char Just Over Six Months And This Is How i Made All My Money..

First of all, you need a money makeing starting char!

My first char was a miner, they are cheap to set up and will help support your other char when u get round to make them.

The Miner.

Start with,

50 blacksmith ( to smelt your ore )
30 magery ( so you can recall, you will need this to sell your ignots)
20 mining ( so you start with some spades to get you started! )

Str 60 ( this will help you carry as much as you can as you will not have enough money to waste on a pack horse to start with )

I would recomend starting in a big town, ether moonglow or britain, as you can ask for a gate to delucia, delucia is a great town for a miner to make money as it surrounded by rock and has a great cave! There are miners in town and people to sell ignots and weapons to, you can also buy your pack horse later on here!.

**hint** If you are low on money and no one seems to want ignots you can pick some cotton and sell it to the tailors if your a stuck for money and buy your much needed tools! **hint**

When you have a good amout of picaxes or shovels, 2 pack horses and some good skills in blacksmithing and mineing, continue to mine, smelt and sell and you will soon see the money building up! As i sayed at the start this will not happen over night you will have to keep buying tools and sometimes pack horses as pk's seem to have a burning passion to kill them.

Now you have a char makeing a good amout of money time to make anouther money makeing char!

The Tailor.

Start with 50 tailoring the other skills dont really matter, its a personal choice, i would recomend a craftminship skill.

50 str ( you will need this to carry cloth )

I would recomend starting in moonglow, britain or delucia, they both have easy acces to tailoring shops, this is up to you tho as tailoring is not the same as mining you will not be selling items of clothing to the players yet, you will be selling them back to the shopkeepers.

**hint** same as before! if you are straped for cash and you mining aint pulling in the cash you can pick cotton **hint**

What you want to be aiming for with a tailor is to gm tailoring so you can get BODS (bulk order deeds). BODS are simple to finish and when you have hand them back to the shopkeepers and they will give you money ( around 1k which should cover your cost of buying the cloth ) and "BOD cloth" wich is coloured cloth that canot be bought from any shopkeeper. This cloth helps as players would much rather buy bod clothes as they can add a CBD ( clothing bless deed ) wish incresse the value of the clothes alot!

Same as the miner you will have to keep going over and over again and you will start to see a small increase in you money, not as much to start with but as you and your miner start to make big money you will be able to buy CBD's awhich cost from 420k - 475k and you can sell unmarked ( no name on the clothes juts "exp/blessed" not "crafted by Joe Bloggs" ) bod cloth clothes for around 550k depending on what colour, ice white and shadow are the ones that sell for most!

Whilst you are makeing money on your miner and tailor you can start to make a Animal Tamer, which brings in ALOT of money! but that wont be for a while, i will edit this and add a Animal Tamer part in later.

If you have any questions about this please send me a private msg!

Good Luck And Stick With It!! It Will Take a Few Months!!

Sticky?

Jaltos

Sorceror
Re: How To Make Money. For New Players.

I dunno, but the way I did my money what like this:

Start a new character with a dexxing skill at 50, magery 49, musicianship 1.
The stats are 49 str, 10 dex and 11 int.

As a starting position, I choosed Britain because of it's sewer, which is a nice starting area for training. but Yew's farm animals are good too.

The point of this character is to have his Melee damages as high as possible, enough Magery to mark/recall to nice wisp spots and Peacemaking to keep wisps from killing him.

When the weapon skill is GMed(Along with any other weapon skills you want, if you want), Use the starting 1000 gold to buy cheap musical instruments(about 5-10 of them at 25 each) and macro Musicianship and Peacemaking(I used Razor to do this, and the reason the macro includes using the instrument is so that Peacemaking will not ask for "Which instrument shall you play").

With 95 peacemaking, it is easy to peace Wisps, but it's not alway working. When it fails, just wait 8 seconds and repeace it.

And Magery is to go from wisp spots to wisp spots, because when there's someone else at a spot, they are hard as hell to move em out of that spot.

Monoxide

Sorceror

The first time I started here I made a bard/fisherman/thunter combo like I had on Great Lakes. This time I made a tamer.

100 str/int and 25 dex
Magery
Meditation
Music
Provo
Fishing
Carto
Lockpicking

Good for SOSs, lower level tmaps, and decent for fishing nets. For higher tmaps it's best to have a second account with a tamer for backup.

Orik

Wanderer

What I did is, I made a mage (Orik) to gate NPC and get money then I jsut traded..
I've got over 1.5mil in less then 25days

Monoxide

Sorceror

Orik said:
What I did is, I made a mage (Orik) to gate NPC and get money then I jsut traded..
I've got over 1.5mil in less then 25days
The only problem with trading is you have to know the market value of an item, if they buy too high they're screwed. Trading is best left for bank sitters/forum readers imo because they can see what the prices are.

Monoxide

Sorceror

Suil Ban said:
Everyone who reads this is a forum reader ;)
I'm refering to players who read the forums and/or sit at the bank as they would get a general idea about the supply and demand of the more common items. Reading the forums, by itself, is not enough imo.

Sam-hybrid

Knight

see this is why these post are good because people add ideas and it give every one a choice! thanks for the input! :)

Dont forget!

The begger,
GM Begging- First Foremost.
Then gm somesort of melee or taming skill. up to you for Fame.
Display the title of GM Begger with pride.

Beg Players for money- $$
Buy beer, play poker!

-Beggers guide brought to you by your local Hobo-

Sam-hybrid

Knight

get a mare and a dragon, wait till its bonded, take it to a dungeon, have peacemakeing and vet and ull pull in 50-60k a hr is u work fast ;).

UPDATE: Stick with the miner people. ill pulling in around 40k iron ignots in 5hrs. sell for 8gp each = 280k.

Status
Not open for further replies.