UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

How To Make Money. For New Players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam-hybrid

Knight
Re: How To Make Money. For New Players.

well put is this way, i del all my chars about a month ago and because i was board i created a new mining char, and within a week i was up 10mil... and thats useing my own guide..

Shreddery

Wanderer

Well, one way to gain money I've found is this:

First of all you need some money to get the equipment/or a tamer. Anyway you need some fighting skill but they aren't that hard to raise..

Grab a friend or go solo, buy some greenthorns (usually sell around 500gp-1k) and go plant them to farm land SW of Britain ---> Approx. 1,5k from every vorpal bunny + magic items to sell.

Then again this gets boring pretty fast but you can still make a profit with it :D

U

Unregistered

Is it possible to make my first char (like fighter/mage) and still get decent cash? Or is it a must to have a tradeskiller/tamer?

Sam-hybrid;1501070 said:
without blacksmith you will continue to fail to smelt.

for high end stuff yes but not that often, this is for a new player so i doubt they will being worrying too much about valorite ingots at the beginning. Which is the only thing you fail at with GM mining and 0 smith.

B

b0ke

hey guys, i've got around 2300 ore atm, should i just melt it and sell the ingots or start with my bsmith? (only at 50% now)

I wanna make good money so i can start making a new pvp-char..

Ajax

Lord

b0ke;1522441 said:
hey guys, i've got around 2300 ore atm, should i just melt it and sell the ingots or start with my bsmith? (only at 50% now)

I wanna make good money so i can start making a new pvp-char..

there seems to be better money in mining and selling ingots. Serious money can be made in smithing bulk order deeds but that requires a few GM smiths, for a new guy like yourself that wont make much sense

kdivers

Knight

it takes abtou 11.5k ingots to GM smithy. So its up to you. Mine more and get mroe ingots - or - sellthe ingots for garenteed fast cash.

i personally woudl have used to train up the smith. make a new char thoguh with smithy as the only skill. then get a bod every 3 hours.

Sam-hybrid

Knight

you would have to sell them to other players, best place would be Brit just because of the mass of players that are there

Endless Darc

Wanderer

The truth is, you cant make money here,...I blame the Japs mosty. For some reason killing pack horses and miners is fuckin hilarious to them, They never roll alone (like you need to gank a miner, rofl) and always go for the helpless ones. Now once you do get away and get resed, they follow you and you go through the whole res killing bullshit. Some people claim that del is safe, but if you go into the cave, your out of guards...or out by the savages, your out of guards.. Pretty pathetic eh? Now with tamers, it isnt just japs. Now it turns into "being red is the cool thing to do" and the "I cant 1v1 tamers even tho most of them have dont have eval or med" So you get a group of them running in a para ganking you. Same with the provoc method....And if your a noob to the shard you wont know how to farm bods....so there goes that one. I wish good luck to the newbies......real good luck

Mara

Knight

I've found that mining out in the wild is a great way to make money for a miner.

Forget about using pre-marked runebooks at the libraries. Put magery on your miner and mark your own books as you mine out in the most remote of places. The Lost Lands has several mountainous regions that are great for mining, and since there are no houses there - you also don't run into the house pkers. There are plenty of areas that noone but a miner has any reason to be out there.

Trust me, forget about the caves and all that shit for now. GM Tinkering so you can make your own pickaxes as you need them. Get yourself a bonded beetle (takes a week mind you), and you are ready to mine. If you don't have your own forge, you can set a recall rune to one of the many blacksmith shops or even the forge that is in one of the Yew town houses.

Once you get it all set up, you can sell commodity deeds with 10000 ingots for 70k, and buy your first house. Just be careful if you are going to sell them in person. They aren't blessed, so read up on the guides for preventing scams/theivery. Selling at Vesper Bank with you on one side of the table and them on the other is probably your best option. Make sure you cast Reveal and see if there are any other thiefs around. Good luck.

I have the best mining location that comes with over a hundred FREE (and quite friendly to me) bodyguards.

I get Val, Verite, and Aggy in large amounts.

And I've not been PKed yet. (3 months)

Manwaring

Wanderer

TheTalentedMrZing;1552404 said:
I have the best mining location that comes with over a hundred FREE (and quite friendly to me) bodyguards.

I get Val, Verite, and Aggy in large amounts.

And I've not been PKed yet. (3 months)

Miner with savage kin paint?

Mara

Knight

My guess is orc cave wearing an orc mask, on an orc guild character.

Status
Not open for further replies.