UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Hybrid Summer Trade Fair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Countessa

Knight
Hybrid Summer Trade Fair

The next Hybrid Trade Fair will be the last weekend in July (29thish).

If you've been to one before, the lowdown is 10,000 gp +fees/vendor; location not yet decided/announced.

I'll update this post (probably) with more detail as the date draws near.

If you are new to the Trade Fairs/Hybrid, this link will explain most of it (specific details may not be exact but it will let you know what goes on and how to participate). You can also search Hybrid Trade Fair here on the forums for past event information.

There will be announcements in-game for vendor setup. The town criers will also have information closer to the Fair date

sssuuu

Knight
Re: Hybrid Summer Trade Fair

Summer trade fair, it should be a blast once again :) Time to clean up all the stuff I've gathered through out the last few months...

*Rides away on an emu*

SavvyT

Sorceror

Woohoo thanks tessa, ive been waiting for it, got lots of stuff to get rid off

hell yea

thanks for this, i needed this event so bad toooooooooo

i got so much stuff to unload

sssuuu

Knight

Keep the posts about the trade fair, not about insulting other people. Focus people focus.

*Rides away on an emu*

Amerigo

Sorceror

sssuuu;2096089 said:
Keep the posts about the trade fair, not about insulting other people. Focus people focus.

*Rides away on an emu*

Mine wasn't insulting. I was being genuinely nostalgic. It seems like he hovered over the announcement Tessa would make 24/7 leading up to the event.

Schnell420

Sorceror

Amerigo;2096162 said:
Mine wasn't insulting. I was being genuinely nostalgic. It seems like he hovered over the announcement Tessa would make 24/7 leading up to the event.

He was talking about Muse.

Dexter420

Sorceror

This message is hidden because UOGamers50 is on your ignore list.

Thanks for doing the trade fair Tessa! Always a good time :)

namlamina

Sorceror

Put a tariff on it so people selling there items at exorbitant prices have an incentive to be reasonable [e cough.

Alas, I agree with Simon. Put it in Nujelm. Make it on the Chess Board since noone uses it as an arena anymore anyways. We have one of the coolest parts of any of the towns in the game effectively blocked off by a useless arena that is abandoned and long-forgotten by staff (no offense to those new staff who wouldn't know that it exists).

I VOTE FOR THE NUJELM CHESSBOARD AS THE SITE OF THE 2010 SUMMER TRADE FAIR! WHO IS WITH ME?!?

Countessa

Knight

The nujel'm chessboard is set up for an arena so cannot be used for the fair. Also, it is not close to large enough. And, we still use the arena even though you may have not been online for those events.

While it is fun for me to make a new area to host the event in a new town, the past-fair in Vesper proved already-popular towns make for better fairs.
I know gates can be added and it will bring activity to unused towns, etc.
Still, it will most likely return to Britain or Delucia.
Unless <enter exception here>.

:grin:

Amerigo

Sorceror

Countessa;2098614 said:
The nujel'm chessboard is set up for an arena so cannot be used for the fair. Also, it is not close to large enough. And, we still use the arena even though you may have not been online for those events.

While it is fun for me to make a new area to host the event in a new town, the past-fair in Vesper proved already popular towns make for better fairs.
I know gates can be added and it will bring activity to unused towns, etc.
Still, it will most likely return to Britain or Delucia.
Unless <enter exception here>.

:grin:

..... Tessa always teasing us

namlamina

Sorceror

Pfft. Nujelm is wayyy cooler than Vesper... If the chessboard isn't big enough / can't be used, then why not use the palace on Nujelm? I mean, Brit and Del are fine, but Nujelm has so much to offer and noone ever uses it. When is the last time anybody went into the Nujelm Palace? I'd be willing to guess that a good 25%+ of the player population have never even been in the building on Hybrid. Spice things up a bit!

namlamina

Sorceror

8 screens of space in a cool setting... Raise your hand if you haven't seen this before UOGamers.

The Main part of the Palace (pictured below) is over 3 screens from North to South, so the equivalent of about 3 Keeps / 4-5 18x18s.

And the Balcony above the main lobby for plenty of extra vendor space. The bank is highlighted in Pink on the mini map. You could make a "premium" vendor area for sellers who want to pay extra for the balcony or the entryway to the palace which could have easier visibility depending upon where your player is standing.

You know you want to do it Tessa.

Advantages:
1) Wide Open Space.
2) An area of the map that many people may not have visited before.
3) Already decorated and ready for easy vendor access/placement.
4) Only 4 screens from the bank on a small res screen size.
5) It is aesthetically pleasing, thus female players won't complain about it.
6) It accomplishes what the staff has been attempting to do over the past year by urging players to visit new towns (not just Del and Brit).

Cons:
1) Not a main spot of traffic.
2) 4 screens from the bank.
3) ???

But... The cons are easily rectified...
Moongates placed at the main banks will make it easily accessible.
Delucia's vendor fair was further from the Bank than the Nujelm Palace.

Status
Not open for further replies.