UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Hybrid Summer Trade Fair

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hybrid Summer Trade Fair

namlamina;2098593 said:
Put a tariff on it so people selling there items at exorbitant prices have an incentive to be reasonable [e cough.

Alas, I agree with Simon. Put it in Nujelm. Make it on the Chess Board since noone uses it as an arena anymore anyways. We have one of the coolest parts of any of the towns in the game effectively blocked off by a useless arena that is abandoned and long-forgotten by staff (no offense to those new staff who wouldn't know that it exists).

I VOTE FOR THE NUJELM CHESSBOARD AS THE SITE OF THE 2010 SUMMER TRADE FAIR! WHO IS WITH ME?!?

[e cough, no reason to sell anything pricey then, e cough sry isick

namlamina

Sorceror

UOGamers50;2099290 said:
[e cough, no reason to sell anything pricey then, e cough sry isick

Exorbitant
Main Entry: ex·or·bi·tant
Pronunciation: \-tənt\
Function: adjective
Etymology: Middle English, from Late Latin exorbitant-, exorbitans, present participle of exorbitare to deviate, from Latin ex- + orbita track of a wheel, rut, from orbis disk, hoop
Date: 15th century
1 : not coming within the scope of the law
2 : exceeding the customary or appropriate limits in intensity, quality, amount, or size
synonyms see excessive

I said nothing about tariffs on "pricey" items...

Good to hear people like Nuj. If you like nuj, then bombard Tessa's inbox (within reason :D ) to tell her to put it in Nuj! She wouldn't even have to build a platform or anything... And the gold sink for the prime locations would be pretty cool (50k+ for the high vis spots?).

I really think it would be the coolest place the fair has been, even if it is out of the way. But hell, Vesper and Delucia are both out of the way. If anyone wants to say it should be accessible to new characters, then make a new char and tell me why it Spawns in Yew, where a new char must run (on foot) for 3 minutes+ to get to the moongate.

Countessa

Knight

namlamina;2099328 said:
Exorbitant
Main Entry: ex·or·bi·tant
Pronunciation: \-tənt\
Function: adjective
Etymology: Middle English, from Late Latin exorbitant-, exorbitans, present participle of exorbitare to deviate, from Latin ex- + orbita track of a wheel, rut, from orbis disk, hoop
Date: 15th century
1 : not coming within the scope of the law
2 : exceeding the customary or appropriate limits in intensity, quality, amount, or size
synonyms see excessive

I said nothing about tariffs on "pricey" items...

Good to hear people like Nuj. If you like nuj, then bombard Tessa's inbox (within reason :D ) to tell her to put it in Nuj! She wouldn't even have to build a platform or anything... And the gold sink for the prime locations would be pretty cool (50k+ for the high vis spots?).

I really think it would be the coolest place the fair has been, even if it is out of the way. But hell, Vesper and Delucia are both out of the way. If anyone wants to say it should be accessible to new characters, then make a new char and tell me why it Spawns in Yew, where a new char must run (on foot) for 3 minutes+ to get to the moongate.

I wont do Nujel'm. I have nothing against the palace. On another shard, another uo life, it was actually my house (we sold statics there).
However, a trade fair there would be fffffffugly! The tables and such are static and cant be moved or removed. It would be confusing and there would be no rhyme or reason to it. And it would be inside instead of in the fresh air. ewwwww no no no. (The out-of-town apartment area leading to the gy might not be bad though. The ground and rooftops could be possibly utitlized.)

Del was never out of the way with newbie traffic and duel pit runners around. Vesper was and I have to say, that fair was rather a bomb compared to others.

Also, this is OT but I'll address it anyway - only noobs start at yew. If you play UO and actually make your character with the advanced setting like a normal vet, you can pick your starting town from 6 or so towns in Brittania.
:cool2:

Shino

Forum Moderator
Staff member

Countessa;2099387 said:
If you play UO and actually make your character with the advanced setting like a normal vet, you can pick your starting town from 6 or so towns in Brittania.
:cool2:

The new clients sadly don't give that option anymore. Yew's default. :(

namlamina

Sorceror

Shino90;2099442 said:
The new clients sadly don't give that option anymore. Yew's default. :(

AND BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE.

Correct. On that matter, Tessa, as the most active Admin, I highly suggest you change the starting location, if that is possible. So, everything is out of the way compared to Nujelm for a newbie. Try making a char and not getting stam blocked halfway to Yew Gate if you don't decide to 1) gate yourself out; 2) help stuck to Brit; or 3) set your dex to 20+ in char creation.

Also, this is OT but I'll address it too :p

Why would you insinuate that I don't know about town selection or that I'm a newb. Without me your Smith BOD chart would be nothing, yet I never got a "Thank You" for helping you fill in the only High End BOD information you have.
Why would you question my knowledge of UO, Tessa? Sheesh. I've played this game long enough to claim that a lot of the players on Hybrid were in Pre-School or Diapers when I started... Kinda sad.

namlamina

Sorceror

Reign Flame;2099513 said:
So you did her a favor and are now holding it against her, because she didn't give you a "thank you"? Yeah, you deserve one then.

Did I say I was holding it against her? No. She insinuated that I was either a newbie or that I was making false/misleading statements about aspects of UO that she did not know had changed nearly a year ago, so I was responding with evidence to back up that I know my UO.

Enough with de-railing this. I said what I said and campaigned for Nuj, so no more of this petty stuff.

Countessa

Knight

phuff

If you don't use 6.0.6.1, you are a newb
or a trammy that has a need for roofing tiles

phuff

:D

ps be back monday to reply to w/e
hehe

namlamina

Sorceror

Countessa;2099560 said:
phuff

If you don't use 6.0.6.1, you are a newb
or a trammy that has a need for roofing tiles

phuff

:D

ps be back monday to reply to w/e
hehe

Ryan;1970555 said:
At a point in the not so distant future we will be adding some new content that is available only to players who have patched to the 7.x series of the UO client. We suggest that you start patching now as the patch is very large. We need the players to be patched for this content to work and may at some point in the future actually force the client version to a minimum of 7.x.

Please do not be caught unaware of this... update your client!

? October 2009 ? :D I like that you're a good sport about this :D A good ol battle of UO/Hybrid Knowledge, hahaha
I'll give it to you though, you know your stuff per the older and better ways of UO. But we all have to agree that its all about being Pre-Pub 21 (Trammel). I wonder if I could play on my old Ren or T2A discs on Hybrid.

Iddio

Page

I will laugh when he try to jack his prices and gets no sales because everyone else will be selling at normal prices.

Iddio;2102903 said:
I will laugh when he try to jack his prices and gets no sales because everyone else will be selling at normal prices.

yea none of my stuff sells thats how i got 250mil within 5.5months

Diamond's Inc.;2102741 said:
^this guy^. *rolls eyes*. anyways, where is the fair being held this yr?

they are setting it up why would they tell you before hand so u can go and buy before everyone else?

u been playing since feb 2008, i take it your not like wine, gets better with age.

Status
Not open for further replies.