UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

I love uog but what is the point?

YewGuards

Sorceror
I don't want to create another economy debate. The staff has already made it clear that it's a top priority. With that said, the pricing you see for generic or basic items on this shard is different from traditional shards. We have to either educate new comers about Hybrid's economy when they login or make serious adjustments. Keep in mind, I'm only referring to basic items. Every shard should have rares and high end items that appeal to a certain demographic.

Bile

Knight
I loved UOG.

The scene over the years has definitely gone downhill and although there may be something those who have the ability or power to shift the direction into a positive outlook, it's very unlikely it can fully recover. I feel no matter what changes appear whether its a small tournament, custom content, or cool new hued items to collect the mentality of the players is what needs to change, which is an almost impossible task. I long for the days when characters like Rambone would cart those who would attack them around town while being entertaining and effective in killing or David Gilmore for pumping out videos of squad play and miscellaneous solo Britain action. I can't remember who, recently in the past years, but they ran around on an alchemy archer toasting people for abit (uonewbs?), which is a nice reminder that people can still enjoy combat outside of what seemed to be only flash ganks with tamers and bolas for a long while. So, for whatever the future holds for UOGamers, whether a revamped website, overhauled Sallos client, or content to clear in-game remember those who brought you to the shard and kept you on the shard, because without enemies and friends none of us would be here playing today.

Bob Dylan said it best;

"The line it is drawn
The curse it is cast
The slow one now
Will later be fast
As the present now
Will later be past
The order is
Rapidly fadin'
And the first one now
Will later be last
For the times they are a-changin'."

Last edited:

YewGuards

Sorceror
Down with those bola scripting gank squads and up with the old days of crude pvp. So many good things coming to Hybrid. Can't wait to see us all to be discussing it in game soon.

lucascyb

Sorceror
Ryan and kirrios been back for 3 months and what has been changed... nothing ive seen besides promise of a hybrid coin vendor that never shows up, and many other no changes.
Here is a good fact tho we don't need fucking change because people would simply play if hybrid had numbers. RYAN HAS 27000 TWITTER FOLLOWERS BUT DO U THINK HE WOULD EVER TWEET OUT UOGHYBRID FUCK NO AND THAT'S THE PROBLEM. He don't give a fuck about advertisement, MANY people one here "REAL PLAYERS" of our community reached out that have marketing degrees offering FREE FUCKING HELP and he snubs his nose, yea big changes huh same old ryan not giving a fuck.

Silly Santa

Sorceror
Ryan and kirrios been back for 3 months and what has been changed... nothing ive seen besides promise of a hybrid coin vendor that never shows up, and many other no changes.
Here is a good fact tho we don't need fucking change because people would simply play if hybrid had numbers. RYAN HAS 27000 TWITTER FOLLOWERS BUT DO U THINK HE WOULD EVER TWEET OUT UOGHYBRID FUCK NO AND THAT'S THE PROBLEM. He don't give a fuck about advertisement, MANY people one here "REAL PLAYERS" of our community reached out that have marketing degrees offering FREE FUCKING HELP and he snubs his nose, yea big changes huh same old ryan not giving a fuck.
To be honest... One time NO lie.. Someone msgd him on twitter , and they mentioned on the forums here that they were blocked :/ its ironic though how active he is on twitter, yet he cant tweet about UOG ever or post on the forums .

Last edited:

Silly Santa

Sorceror
All bullshit aside - no trolling - just being real -

From a vets perspective(8-9 years active here before i quit) --- its just frustrating, sad, a let down...a disappointment ...u get the idea :/

Last edited:

bakeddaily1

Sorceror
People swinging by that one strand of hope... simply to be put on the back burner. =[

I should slap myself for sticking around so long
You and I with a handful of Ppl are only ogs left .Maybe something will happen .I came back when Ryan was buttering the bread a month ago.Don't mind waiting just let the people know what's happening?Only takes 3 mins to post....

Hephaesta

Wanderer
Good marketing is everything! You can have a shitty shard but if the marketing is good everyone will join it, sad but true just look at UOF.
To bad the owner does not understand this. :/

Seven Jr

Sorceror
I had a change in careers 4 years ago and drop in from time to time to check things out. I sail for 5 months and I'm home for 7 months, when I left for my first season I was excited to come back because I was enjoying PvP and was improving. However after spending 5 months away Installing UO just didn't sound appealing.

UO has been the same thing for a very long time and as such I have come to realize until they decide to make crafters relevant and shake things up in the PvP world nothing is going to change. A lot of the time newbs trying to come back are pk'd and discouraged, it's part of the game, yes. But you're asking people that were in high school when they started to devote time to getting a foothold that they cultivated themselves to stick it out. I would like to come back but it's insanity, there isn't much joy to the current status of the server. That's why you see low population, not advertising.

While 6-7 years ago there was still enough people playing UO that voting made an impact the player base continues to get smaller and smaller every year. Whether it's because their life has become too busy with family and different hobbies or just lost interest.

Trying to keep this short so... If they were to bring the crafting system back and shake up PvP, next winter I would be around more. My play style has changed over the years, I always enjoyed PvP but the sheer amount of trash talk has stripped the fun right out of it. No more "Good fight" or ressing, no respect. People used to fight over and over knowing they were going to die just to get better. Some still do, some just say fuck it. It's the atmosphere you create in the game that keeps people coming back... Not just the content.

My play style has changed over the years, I always enjoyed PvP but the sheer amount of trash talk has stripped the fun right out of it. No more "Good fight" or ressing, no respect. People used to fight over and over knowing they were going to die just to get better. Some still do, some just say fuck it. It's the atmosphere you create in the game that keeps people coming back... Not just the content.
Exactly, this is mainly what has killed this server.. the player base, you can't fight someone without them talking shit anymore or posting trash talk on the forums. Back in my day you could find a nice 1v1 and the people that stumble upon the fight would just sit back and watch not gank the shit out of you... when you died in a 1v1 no one looted, you got ressed up and you could do a rematch... Now when someone kills you they post a screenshot, cut your body up, take your head, and lock it down on their house... They even take your empty bottles.. People need to grow the fuck up and help each other on the game they ALL play and want to see grow.

Silly Santa

Sorceror
Voting, basic events by staff, and small content upgrades wont made this shard great again.

It needs major fixing, before Hybrid should even think about trying to lure people back.. and to open up a totally new shard Revelations (as if we have so many people that we can afford to split up the population more....)

* Economy for example.... Its fucked and all of you know it. Due to the dono store being set up incorrectly in the past .. I never understood why the 5mil item was taken off the dono store .. but the 1mil item stayed and was lowered from 25 to 20..... than before gold was completely taken off the store it was selling for like 5 dollars for 1mil or something crazy like that. This has lead to billions in gold being in the economy and it hurts the economy in every single way.
-- Right now, it does not pay to PVM in dungeons
-- There are no blues for PKs to PK in them
-- Crafting/merchanting is meaningless
-- Housing is sky high
All because of inflation. When you have new people coming back to Hybrid - when they see this... it can easily deter people from staying.

* more info is needed on the forums to let the community know whats going on
* More dungeons/monsters should be added (only blood dungeon + lunar/spring mobs in years were added)
* new tameables
* true rares , whose values do not get messed around with and makes it a goal to set out and achieve with acquiring them (phoenix armor, singing crystal ball, etc....)

I listed a ton of other things in a thread that needed to be addressed a while back before I went inactive.. but it was trammeled... have fun reading it here - http://www.uogamers.com/community/index.php?threads/556419/ ... its a shame because I spent so much time typing this out for it to only be insta trammeled on the same day that Ryan came back... with like none of what I recommended being taken into consideration at the time.

Right now this is like asking people to come back to a shard that they once played because now we have lipstick on an ugly pig.

Exactly, this is mainly what has killed this server.. the player base,
I respectfully disagree on this. What killed the server was the lack of love that was put into it for a while.

Last edited:

Silly Santa

Sorceror
Sometimes I wonder why I still lurk on these forums hoping for change , that will never happen most likely ... most of you think that Hybrids glory days of (2005 and prior) are gone for good... but with the right vision and dedication and direction by staff - this shard can be revived totally... but it starts at the top... and things have been status quo for a long time now :/

Click --> http://www.uogamers.com/community/index.php?threads/556419/

Last edited: