UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

I love uog but what is the point?

Little Owl

Wanderer
Voting, basic events by staff, and small content upgrades wont made this shard great again.

It needs major fixing, before Hybrid should even think about trying to lure people back.. and to open up a totally new shard Revelations (as if we have so many people that we can afford to split up the population more....)

* Economy for example.... Its fucked and all of you know it. Due to the dono store being set up incorrectly in the past .. I never understood why the 5mil item was taken off the dono store .. but the 1mil item stayed and was lowered from 25 to 20..... than before gold was completely taken off the store... gold was selling for like 5 dollars for 1mil or something crazy like that. This has lead to billions in gold being in the economy and it hurts the economy in every single way.
-- Right now, it does not pay to PVM in dungeons
-- There are no blues for PKs to PK in them
-- Crafting/merchanting is meaningless
-- Housing is sky high
All because of inflation. When you have new people coming back to Hybrid - when they see this... it can easily deter people from staying.

I disagree on most of this.

The MOBs of the month (season) are a decent way to get something of value from PVM, although I don't like having to have a GM lockpicker just to open a higher end Paragon Drop.
Housing is essentially free. Plenty of places for a new player to just place a house on their own. The staff seem to try to hold plenty of events. Personally I think they really only need more players, and lots of them.

I don't like the current wand status due to it being one of the better ways for a non-tamer to PVM and make money, but I figure it will get adjusted once people realize what is going on. For me, it's kind of always been the players that turned most people off. Even today, you have SM running around paraspam ganking would-be pvpers away. I bet if you had the 700+ to 1000 clients things would be happening enough to satisfy a lot of wants, including the demand for the work of crafters making armor and all that. Just my take on things.

Silly Santa

Sorceror

The MOBs of the month (season) are a decent way to get something of value from PVM, although I don't like having to have a GM lockpicker just to open a Paragon Drop.
Housing is essentially free. Plenty of places for a new player to just place a house on their own. The staff seem to try to hold plenty of events. Personally I think they really only nueed more players, and lots of them.

I don't like the current wand status due to it being one of the better ways for a non-tamer to PVM and make money, but I figure it will get adjusted once people realize what is going on. For me, it's kind of always been the players that turned most people off. Even today, you have SM running around paraspam ganking would-be pvpers away. I bet if you had the 700+ to 1000 clients things would be happening enough to satisfy a lot of wants, including the demand for the work of crafters making armor and all that. Just my take on things.

before I left - housing was surely not free... its only free now because a lot of people are slowly continuing to quit this shard.

staff holding events are great , but whats the point when theres not many people attending them

sure wands always did and prolly still do sell well.. to an extent.. but that's besides the point... especially bc Hybrid lost a lot of its pvper playerbase

yes there was a day when hybrid had well over 2000 clients logged on... but now its not nearly as much especially when you take into account some people are logged on 4 accounts at a time.

As far as MOTM - no comment :X

Seven Jr

Sorceror

The MOBs of the month (season) are a decent way to get something of value from PVM, although I don't like having to have a GM lockpicker just to open a higher end Paragon Drop.
Housing is essentially free. Plenty of places for a new player to just place a house on their own. The staff seem to try to hold plenty of events. Personally I think they really only need more players, and lots of them.

Don't take this the wrong way, how long have you been playing Hybrid as well as UO? I'm curious your background. Simply because wands have been a hot button issue for YEARS. It's been 4 years now since I "quit" for my career and I farmed them like crazy back then too. Everyone knows it but they're in such demand that yes, people Farm them like crazy. Back in 03-05 that I can personally attest to, Hybrid was hoppin' with a typical client count of 750-1000 at any given time and yes, you could see the population everywhere.

Silly Santa

Sorceror
His forum account states last month , although it may not be representative of when he first came to hybrid like me. I lost access to my older forum account a while back.

Seven Jr

Sorceror
His forum account states last month , although it may not be representative of when he first came to hybrid like me. I lost access to my older forum account a while back.
I noticed that as well, I'm just trying not to offend people so hopefully it remains a discussion rather than an argument. Seems to be the way of the entire spectrum of the internet these days.

Silly Santa

Sorceror
I noticed that as well, I'm just trying not to offend people so hopefully it remains a discussion rather than an argument. Seems to be the way of the entire spectrum of the internet these days.

I hear ya.. To be honest looking back on how i said what i said.. My response could have been in a way better way. My bad @Little Owl

Im just a frustrated UOG vet that misses the shard :<

Little Owl

Wanderer
Don't take this the wrong way, how long have you been playing Hybrid as well as UO? I'm curious your background. Simply because wands have been a hot button issue for YEARS. It's been 4 years now since I "quit" for my career and I farmed them like crazy back then too. Everyone knows it but they're in such demand that yes, people Farm them like crazy. Back in 03-05 that I can personally attest to, Hybrid was hoppin' with a typical client count of 750-1000 at any given time and yes, you could see the population everywhere.

I used to play here a while back. Something like 6 years on Hybrid, maybe 8-10 on UO. Probably too long, but everybody needs some form of entertainment.

Silly Santa

Sorceror
why so emotional nerds

Because some of us were here to see Hybrid during its golden years, and miss it. Also, we know Hybrid has potential , but if more or less the same thing is done over and over again , we cant expect different results... and it sucks.

neonoob , where u been hiding ?

amtothepm

Knight
lol at this being a reason to be emotional
Because some of us were here to see Hybrid during its golden years, and miss it. Also, we know Hybrid has potential , but if more or less the same thing is done over and over again , we cant expect different results... and it sucks.

neonoob , where u been hiding ?

amtothepm

Knight