UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

I've done a lot of thinking...

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Ryan

I've done a lot of thinking...

You know the player run shard "market" if you will, is so saturated, its sickening. I read on other forums about how they are working on "newbie retention" (shard shall rename nameless), and how they are cutting down on the PK problems and blah blah blah... and it hit me.

UO Gamers doesnt have this problem. What's amazing about this shard is that when you log in for the first time, 99 times out of 100 you will find somone who is willing to help you out of the 500 people online. We dont have a "PK" problem because we headed it off before it became one by implimenting a Dueling system. We didn't have to penalize you guys for PK'ing we didn't have to do anything.

This shard has undergone no "fuck the players" updates, and everyone loves it here (for the most part). Don't get me wrong, UO Gamers is not the most perfect shard in the world but it is an excellent place to play. We've never skimped on providing you good bandwidth or hardware, hell most of our competitors are just NOW getting into the datacenter where we have been since day 1. It amazes me to see other shard admins or players knock us when they want to be us.

So UO Gamers goes from a peak of 50 to a peak of 100, to a peak of 200 online in a few weeks from its launch... now look at us, almost two years in the making, we have one of the largest UO servers out there, and the statistics cannot be argued. We have the best staff out there, who are always willing to help you guys enjoy the best gaming experience.

While other shards scrounge for coders on the RunUO forums, or wait for a *scripter* to come to them, we have the team that wrote the damn software working with us...

When it comes down to it, we have the best of everything, and we are bringing you by far the largest server hardware package ever dreamed of for an emulated UO server.

Tommorow EV1 will have completed our custom ordered hardware, and we got an even better deal than we had expected. I had a call with EV1 tonight and our server specs will blow every player heres mind, hell it blows my mind.

UO Gamers Hybrid Hardware:
  • Quad Intel Pentium 4 Xeon 2.8 GHz
  • 8 Gigabytes of ECC DDR RAM
  • 3 72 GB SCSI drives on an
  • Adaptec RAID Controller
  • Gigabit Ethernet
  • Multiple Gigabit Ethernet connections to the Internet
  • etc, etc

So that is impressive, anyone who argues it I dont give a shit, there isn't a shard out there running this kind of equipment... now I cannot wait to hear from the people who are going to say "But RunUO isn't threaded so who cares", did I mention we wrote RunUO so if we think we need to thread it we can? Yah, kthx.

So, as a player on this shard, do yourself a favor, help each other and tell your friends to quit playing imitations, and come play the real deal...

I think I've said enough.

Good evening, and see you tommorow.

D

Dave-hybrid

YAY!!!! hopefully this will help with the saves and purges

All I can say is I've been playing your shard for a few weeks now and aside from the over priced vendors I think the shard kicks royal ass! You rock man! Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Mengsk

FrEeQ-hybrid

Sorceror
woooooooooooooooo! Good job man! Now this byfar exceeds any other shard out there! That's amazing man... simply amazing! :D Now if only I didn't lose my blessed sandals last night due to client crash... ahahah but that has nothing to do with this! Good job and keep up the hardwork!

zero-hybrid

Unreasonable
I'm glad to see the server has grown so large. I was here when it was me alone (1 client online) macroing all night long alone.

The transitions this server has been through is amazing.

I give you props on the server man! This is how UO was always meant to be except for a few things that really should be attended to like he said .. the purple potions throwing crap. Other than that , PvP here is cool and I sure wouldnt change much at all about how things work here. In my eyes , this is how UO was meant to be and it should have never changed..

What I think would make this place almost perfect would have to be:
1) Stopping those retarded purple potion chasing whores
2) Scripting pet summoning balls for us tamers :)

Oh ho .. short list .. :) Thats how good it is my friend, keep up the great work.

VileStyle

Wanderer
omfg ryan you need to buy my new shorts cause those server specs are so hawt its redunkulous

this shard is teh leet amen

now only if i was better at UO eh i lack skillz but make up for it in teh hawtness factor of my awsomenss huah

PickelFeet

Wanderer
So does this mean that eventually we will be able to have server saves running in the background? There by removing the pause every half hour. Not like its a big deal but that would be absolutely amazing.

Ryan you and your team have done a ton for the community and for the shard, thank you.

Seven Jr

Sorceror
Mengsk said:
All I can say is I've been playing your shard for a few weeks now and aside from the over priced vendors I think the shard kicks royal ass! You rock man! Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Mengsk

Over priced vendors are due to factions. The faction that has control of the town chooses how much and item might cost thus the prices over boosted...

Tor

Wanderer
I've played on alot of shards throughout the years, and by far this is the best. Its close to an OSI-clone, with a few differences that I enjoy more.

Long live UOG ;)

will-hybrid

Wanderer
Mengsk said:

Mengsk

Lol Go to a different town to buy things lol there cheaper look around and yah i love this server, i help everyone that i can, but once they see my bank balance all they want is cash... but what can u do?

Status
Not open for further replies.