UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

I've done a lot of thinking...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irony

Wanderer
Ryan said:
UO Gamers Hybrid Hardware:
  • Quad Intel Pentium 4 Xeon 2.8 GHz
  • 8 Gigabytes of ECC DDR RAM
  • 3 72 GB SCSI drives on an
  • Adaptec RAID Controller
  • Gigabit Ethernet
  • Multiple Gigabit Ethernet connections to the Internet
  • etc, etc

Hey, I think that machine could even run TWO Krrios clients at the same time.

*Cough*

<3

Gertkane

Wanderer
There is an ancient formula i discovered since i started here a few months before the wipe, here it is:
Code:
UOGames>others
this should do it, and this is the way it stays, i love this place, everything about it, even purple pots that spank my ass, or ganks that i need to run from (i usually end up eating dirt but who cares, restock and fun"!!!!), thieves in brit, most people in factions, the whole staff, events, pking, goldfarming.

OMG i just realised, if this server aint perfect its close!

Best. Shard. Evar.

I think Gertkane discovered the secret.. they must be running that leet forumla on the shard.. I remember when Ryan was pushing to get 100 on before the wipe.. now 500 on as an average... *tear*

This is how OSI should be.. exept not because then we'd lose all of our players..

Gremio

Sorceror
Honestly, I just wish I had come here sooner. I've been playing on the shard I'm from for about 6 years now and get absolutely no respect from the staff. The Admin is an uptight punk that wouldn't know PvP if it bit him in the arse, and refuses to listen to what may be causing the new crashes on the shard. Anyway I could go on about him a *long* time.

This is a much better shard by far and not only has the emulator not been developed as long, it's better and the server is better.

Great job. I really just started on this shard, but it rocks. Seems to give all the stuff UO USED to give before it turned to crap. Thanks for providing FREE crack for the masses!!!! Not that I have any resources that you guys don't have, but if you guys need anything, just ask. I'd be willing to help with anything I could. Give back a little. I mean other than clicking gogle all day./ herhehe Already do that.

poieo

Wanderer
As someone from the shard you vaguely aluded to (here out of curiosity for Hybrid and Rebirth, not for this particular issue), this sounds more like a bunch of baseless cockwaving than any sort of rumination.

Some fine, fine rose-colored glasses you have there. For starters, your flagship Hybrid is more of an alternative to OSI than it is a recreation of an era, and has taken some of the same steps towards fixing problems that OSI has. According to some, you've merely implemented OSI's "fuck the players" changes. Apples to oranges. Ok, so you have the comparable Rebirth, which is more along the lines of that certain other shard...except it apparently has problems fielding even 100 players for an event. Whoops!

Ok, so maybe it's the whole pre-Rennaisance, pre-T2A crowd that ends up causing all that trouble. Hmmm, apparently not.

Ryan said:
You know the player run shard "market" if you will, is so saturated, its sickening. I read on other forums about how they are working on "newbie retention" (shard shall rename nameless), and how they are cutting down on the PK problems and blah blah blah... and it hit me.

UO Gamers doesnt have this problem.

Turns out it does. I look around these forums and see the exact same crap over here as i do over there. Same PK complaints, same stupid "Trammy!" accusations, same old rigamarole of having to assume that everyone on the shard is utterly untrustworthy. The people here really even aren't much more literate than anywhere else, from the looks of things.

What's this? What do i see here? I see bragging about how much better your shard off because of somethingorother...hey, we're getting a new server with absurd hardware! That's the ticket! Hey, let's follow that up with a really snotty assertion that UO Gamers is going to be better off because it's run by the people that made RunUO. That's real reassuring.

Yes, there are way too many freshards out there. Really nice thing to point out, seeing as how RunUO is basically what made that all possible, but whatever. The fact is that regardless of this smarmy newspost, that "other shard" has people running it that care about it as much and are just as dedicated as the people at UO Gamers. So other shards have trouble finding coders, great. Happens that way with just about any other project. This other shard holds its own on that matter, but hey, real fucking classy to rub it in like that with the ones that don't. Gee, i hope the RunUO team can find it in themselves to deign to support the fucking software that these "lesser" shards run on, since this is apparently some grand competition.

So, as a player on this shard, do yourself a favor, help each other and tell your friends to quit playing imitations, and come play the real deal...

Good one, ace. Maybe next time you can go one step further in pissing on all the other shards by getting that RunUO team of yours to not even release updates for public download.

D

Dave-hybrid

IMO, UOGamers is the way ALL MMOs should be. with fast skill gain, you can actually start getting "into" the game fairly quickly instead of waiting for months. thats what i hate about other MMOs, they want your money every month, so they make everything slow as shit. UOGamers is a free shard so theres no reason to make everything so slow. what takes 2 days on this shard would take over 6 months on an OSI shard. i just quit FFXI a few months back because it was just too much of a game. you would need an entire life in itself just to play it to its fullest extent. after i left FFXI i really wanted to come back to UO because i love the community aspect of it, but i dreaded making a 7xGM mage because i knew it would take so long. then one of my friends told me to check out UOGamers, and well, 13 days later, i have three 7xGM characters. ive GMed so many things( blacksmith, alchy, poisoning, tailoring, etc) on UOGamers that i would have never tried on an OSI shard, just because of the fact that skill gain was so slow on OSI shards. i donated $15 on my 3rd day on the shard and you can be that i will be donating every month to make sure this shard stays around for along time. keep up the good work ryan and everyone else on the staff.

D

Dave-hybrid

pierrot said:
As someone from the shard you vaguely aluded to (here out of curiosity for Hybrid and Rebirth, not for this particular issue), this sounds more like a bunch of baseless cockwaving than any sort of rumination.

Some fine, fine rose-colored glasses you have there. For starters, your flagship Hybrid is more of an alternative to OSI than it is a recreation of an era, and has taken some of the same steps towards fixing problems that OSI has. According to some, you've merely implemented OSI's "fuck the players" changes. Apples to oranges. Ok, so you have the comparable Rebirth, which is more along the lines of that certain other shard...except it apparently has problems fielding even 100 players for an event. Whoops!

Ok, so maybe it's the whole pre-Rennaisance, pre-T2A crowd that ends up causing all that trouble. Hmmm, apparently not.

Turns out it does. I look around these forums and see the exact same crap over here as i do over there. Same PK complaints, same stupid "Trammy!" accusations, same old rigamarole of having to assume that everyone on the shard is utterly untrustworthy. The people here really even aren't much more literate than anywhere else, from the looks of things.

What's this? What do i see here? I see bragging about how much better your shard off because of somethingorother...hey, we're getting a new server with absurd hardware! That's the ticket! Hey, let's follow that up with a really snotty assertion that UO Gamers is going to be better off because it's run by the people that made RunUO. That's real reassuring.

Yes, there are way too many freshards out there. Really nice thing to point out, seeing as how RunUO is basically what made that all possible, but whatever. The fact is that regardless of this smarmy newspost, that "other shard" has people running it that care about it as much and are just as dedicated as the people at UO Gamers. So other shards have trouble finding coders, great. Happens that way with just about any other project. This other shard holds its own on that matter, but hey, real fucking classy to rub it in like that with the ones that don't. Gee, i hope the RunUO team can find it in themselves to deign to support the fucking software that these "lesser" shards run on, since this is apparently some grand competition.

Good one, ace. Maybe next time you can go one step further in pissing on all the other shards by getting that RunUO team of yours to not even release updates for public download.

UOGamers is not entirely unlike other shards including OSIs. its obvious you have ZERO business knowledge because its physically impossible to make everyone happy, theres always going to be people that dont like what youre doing. the difference on UOGamers is that people like you dont outnumber people like me, so therefore ryan and his crew are catering to the majority of the shard which obviously doesnt include you. however, your biggest issue/mistake is that unlike OSI shards, you dont pay jack shit to play here, so if you dont like, GET THE FUCK OUT.

also, out of the 30 responses on this thead, all are possitive except yours, id say ryans doing a pretty good job with the majority.

Lythos

Wanderer
Thanks to Ryan and all the staff of UOgamers and RunUO. I quit OSI servers back in january and swore I'd never play again but a real working faction system, a working felucca only land w/ a large population and action has sucked me back in!

Since I joined a few weeks ago I've brought in 3 good friends who've recently quit OSI also and one of them got a few more of his friends hooked, I only see the population growing from here :)

R

Ryan

pierrot said:

I would LOVE to know what shard I was referring to.

Mengsk said:
All I can say is I've been playing your shard for a few weeks now and aside from the over priced vendors I think the shard kicks royal ass! You rock man! Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Mengsk

Same as above!

Well done to you guys!

Icon

Wanderer
Well with all that hardware you would think you could keep the game play from stopping ever 15/30 mins? And enable saves in background I admit runuo is very powerful but it suffers from an old, old problem game freeze I mean if OSI/sphere and who ever else out there can save in back ground why can’t this very powerful emnu do it? I love uo gamers but now we have to wait and wait during game play for saves/ and now the memory flushes to take place. I know we need them but there has to be some work around after all you guys wrote it I am sure u can come up with some solutions.

Hk

ikickyou

Wanderer

Call me sad, but iv played this shard from day one, even before the whipe for that matter.

Thats about 300 days in total. The reason i chose this shard is because everything thats official is always the best. Everyone knocks Microsoft for being poor, but without it alot of people wouldnt even be on this website. Thats the way i thought about it; the people who created the damned emulator are bound to have the best shard.

Iv seen this shard in its worst states, iv even seen it on the verge of shutting down due to so many stuiped little problems. Its so great to see that its pulled through all these bad times. I took a break 1 and a half months ago from this shard; the peak amount of players on at any one time was around 87. I come back to find 450 people online and commemoration balls saying that the peak is 600.

Not alot of you probably remember the old website, but i remember the guide lines of what UOGamers went by, and theyve always stuck to them.

So thanks Ryan, thanks RunUO & all affiliated - without you guys, the old school UO as we knew it would of died out.

I remember when Chaos quit, at that point the shard player base was around 120'ish, I would run around for Hours I would hitup all the spawns and there would be knowone to PK. Today me and a fello pk'er Sir Pwnage wentn to 5 or so different spawns and there was tamers at every one! We eventually died but it was fun.

In short, I can see this shard balancing out perfectly infront of my eyes, the player base is growing, and everything just seems to be falling into place, keep this up Ryan this is by far the best "Free/Player run shard" I have ever played, hell it tops any Osi server I played on aswell.

Thanks for all your guys hardwork.

poieo

Wanderer
Dave said:
UOGamers is not entirely unlike other shards including OSIs. its obvious you have ZERO business knowledge because its physically impossible to make everyone happy, theres always going to be people that dont like what youre doing.

And this has what to do with business knowledge, Mr. MBA? You latch on to something that everyone already knows like it's some obscure gem of wisdom and suddenly you've got a degree from Harvard?

the difference on UOGamers is that people like you dont outnumber people like me, so therefore ryan and his crew are catering to the majority of the shard which obviously doesnt include you. however, your biggest issue/mistake is that unlike OSI shards, you dont pay jack shit to play here, so if you dont like, GET THE FUCK OUT.

And this has what to do with anything that i said?

also, out of the 30 responses on this thead, all are possitive except yours, id say ryans doing a pretty good job with the majority.

The majority of MMORPG players will eat shit and ask for seconds, especially if it's free. Might want to come up with a better example, hoss.

Ryan said:
I would LOVE to know what shard I was referring to.

Would that be a large factor in justifying the twatty nature of this newspost?

Status
Not open for further replies.