UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Lag Issues Resolved

Uncle Orange

Wanderer
i think i know what the cause is, or some of it at least

I think I know what some of the cause of lag is. I was at some desert ( I don't know which one) and there was probably about 100 monsters-like gargoyles, headless ones, etc.- all in one area. There were tons of them.

Reprisal

Wanderer
I was wondering...all these items "that are too new to be thrown away"... do they have their own seperate timers (or something) for knowing this and could this be contributing to the lag at all?

*twitch*

S

salamando-hybrid

No, this lag was introduced a few days before we implemented cub.

yea guys i dont think ryan could of put it better. but seriously put yourself in his shoes (or the other staff for that matter) it was fuckin friday night, and Ryan bein the Pimp Delux that he is probably had other bitches to attend to than the one freaking out because they cant waste a friday night on the computer. so he took one for the team and stayed around for god knows how long trying to fix this server we all play for free... when uo pisses us offf we log, when it comes to ryan he gave up an entire friday night trying to make a bunch of people that bitch at him constantly happy. hell i woulndt have the self control to do it.

so i think that the mods will agree with me here that this thread should be kept to being informative and not flaming. post any ideas or suggestions (or other things that may be important u noticed while playing in the lag)

AmenRoXXor

Wanderer
Was wondering if we could get an update on what's going on. I am seeing the shard drop link alot of times, and stay down for awhile. SHould we be expecting this for some time now? Just wondering, hell, it may not even need an answer..

Betty-hybrid

Wanderer
I think taking out the whole champion spawn system might help a little. At the end of the day people arnt going to use it in lag like this.

Morifnen

Wanderer
Maybe im wrong but... do you guys have a problems with your clients now? Like crashes etc.? My client started to crush very often after this weird lag occured... also my friends client... maybe it is connected somehow? Maybe it is because of OSI patch? Dunno :/

S

salamando-hybrid

Sometimes when we come up with an idea for a fix, we restart the server. Short and simple. When we resolve the issue, we'll let you know.

Krypt_

Wanderer
DOnation? where they go?

Hey I am not slamming the shard or the staff but what my question is.. you put in a fourm before about getting over 3000 donations.. now if i am corrected thats a shit load of money ever if you times it bye the cheapest item on the donation page.. but my question is.. you make so much money and its for the server what exactly is this money going into? I heard about a shard wipe in the past and items getting deleted ... and for some apparent reason the shard is laggy as fuck now and been like that for the last week on and off and now its just sad- if you make so much donation money for the shard then I would think the server would be on top of the line comps. with a very fast connection- cause I am not donating for your pizza and beer- I am donating because this is a good shard and wanna see it keep running- also no that you do have the donation for the server , that would mean it comes with responsibilitys such as fixing the problems on server asap-
how long you been working on the shard issues.. because everytime i paged a gm your not on.. anyways the main thing is your making a butt load of money for people who donate to see shard stay running and it running good... get off ur ass and do some work man ur getting lazy- it has nothing to do with the items on shard so this new CuB is pointless.. You dont go from one day of no laggy to a laggy week because of items on shard... take that money get a better computor or a faster connection cause I am not donating to a shard that says the money is for the shard when the shard gets worse and worse-

P.s I don't know what the deal is with these reds ganking other red's , but if you noticed theres blue out there to kill and tamers are gay enough as is.. I noticed ill be rolling with some reds and i see a red and hes cool and like dont kill me - but then see him later when i am by myself and he is with guild members gank.. and rather people aggree with me on forms or not u all aggree on the shard so dont be kissing ass-

-=Twist=-

Wanderer
Krypt_ said:
Hey I am not slamming the shard or the staff but what my question is.. you put in a fourm before about getting over 3000 donations.. now if i am corrected thats a shit load of money ever if you times it bye the cheapest item on the donation page.. but my question is.. you make so much money and its for the server what exactly is this money going into? I heard about a shard wipe in the past and items getting deleted ... and for some apparent reason the shard is laggy as fuck now and been like that for the last week on and off and now its just sad- if you make so much donation money for the shard then I would think the server would be on top of the line comps. with a very fast connection- cause I am not donating for your pizza and beer- I am donating because this is a good shard and wanna see it keep running- also no that you do have the donation for the server , that would mean it comes with responsibilitys such as fixing the problems on server asap-
how long you been working on the shard issues.. because everytime i paged a gm your not on.. anyways the main thing is your making a butt load of money for people who donate to see shard stay running and it running good... get off ur ass and do some work man ur getting lazy- it has nothing to do with the items on shard so this new CuB is pointless.. You dont go from one day of no laggy to a laggy week because of items on shard... take that money get a better computor or a faster connection cause I am not donating to a shard that says the money is for the shard when the shard gets worse and worse-

P.s I don't know what the deal is with these reds ganking other red's , but if you noticed theres blue out there to kill and tamers are gay enough as is.. I noticed ill be rolling with some reds and i see a red and hes cool and like dont kill me - but then see him later when i am by myself and he is with guild members gank.. and rather people aggree with me on forms or not u all aggree on the shard so dont be kissing ass-

Just leave, leave asap. Your no good here.
and your and idiot, They did not implement the CUB system to get rid of lag, thats just to bring item count down, Less work for sever (Was not suppose to CURE LAG AT ALL; was never even the intention) .

Give them time...They have been on, and I have gotten speedy responses from them time, and time today; and friendly. Never got the "Were fukin workin on it, leave us the fuk alone." Like I would have in a lot of other shards

BE THANKFULL FOR WHAT YOU HAVE ALREADY.

Man, you're crazy. Alot of people have donated, including myself. The staff *ARE* working around the clock to fix it, so don't give them shit for it.

Most of us have donated some money here and there, and I'm sure the staff appreciates all donations, which is why they are spending the whole fucking weekend trying to fix this thing. They could be going out and getting drunk or whatever, but instead, sitting here dealing with morons like you, who won't stop bothering them.

You have one of two options, sir.

1. Keep bitching and moaning, and eventually get banned.

2. Shut the hell up, get off your computer, and go do something constructive.

I recommend the latter of the two.

What's really funny are the guys that think THIS lag is caused by items in the game or spawns or too many houses.........Guys, unless you have are a programmer and have a A+ Certificate in IT, I'd keep my mouth shut. Do you guys not even realize who RUN this shard? It's the guys that created RUNUO......the emulator that allows free shards to even exist. Ryan and the staff are the guys that wrote the program for the emulator. If anyone knows HOW to fix this problem, its this staff. But as Ryan has stated earlier, this shard has ALWAYS been used to test RUNUO updates. Obviously the lag problems is either A. We are under a heavy Ddos attack (Denial of Service..google it you tards) or B. They have applied some updates and are working out the tweaks, which take time, or C. Both A. & B. Take your pick. Just deal with, quit your bitching and moaning and instead of whining , tell the staff how much you apprieciate that they even respond to these threads at all and actually care what you think (to an extent).

shamoo

Wanderer
Well thing with ganking other red is....

Krypt_ said:

PKs do one thing and that is to kill players, and personnally it does not matter if you blue, orange, red or grey, ( heck I'll even kill green if I have to ;) ) you will get attacked

there is no honor amongsth thieves and there certainly none amongsth pks.
altho on some rare occasions when blues out number pks , I find it convenient to team up with other reds. But as soon as the blue clears you best run :(
that may sound rather lame to back-stab, but I do give out a head's up...
not my fault they are not taken seriously :p

shamoo

Wanderer
gift greed...

First off, I'd like to say that I enjoy this shard very much and thank you guys for the work y'all are putting into it...

My only concern is that IF .... I say IF we do get some kind of gifts for the... how shall I say ? small inconvenience ?? that'd it be given out to all accounts and not only to the ones that are online at the right time :eek:

I got the gift greed when I first got my "all kill = no skill" apron and I'd hate to miss whatever else because I wasn't on :D

sorry if I sound like a greedy trammy ... I just can't help it sometimes

P.S.: for the rest of you people plz
WAR ATOMIC*GODZ
there's 2 atomic*godz atm so war the one with AG as abrv
it'll be great fun I promise

Krypt_ said:
sorry for the miss spelling little high at da moment : )
Ya, it shows. All the money in the world, can't prevent something going wrong while experimenting. Keep in mind UOG is not only our playground, it's also thier testing ground for new versions of RunUO.

Like Ryan said earlier:

Ryan said:
We are the people that wrote the fucking emulator. This server has ALWAYS been the testbed for the next RunUO Releases.

This typically only results in good things for you guys, however in this situation it is a bad thing. There IS something wrong and we are working on it.

About the money issue, it's a donation. No one forced you to give a donation. :rolleyes:

You want to bitch about game time, server down time and money issues? www.uo.com

Krypt_

Wanderer
whats funny is... i talk to alot of people on the shard and all aggree.. but because somone views whats written here u kiss ass... what i am fucking trying to say is... you get 3000 donates in a month... times that but even the lowest cost of a item on the donation page... say 2.50 thats 7,500$.. ok now people donate alot more so I am guessing he makes around over 60k - now this is all for donating to shard right? supposedly i was under the impression of that- so 60k or more went into this shard? i highly doubt it - but it dont really matter anyways theres no point in making a point to a bunch of tards that kiss ass- i am not dissing the shard - its a great shard, and the staff is cool but if ur making that much cash from players i would sure as hell be working my ass off to on the shard to make them happy cause i am betting we pay his house bill- car bill and other stuff.. cause there is no way all this money is going into this shard... and about the red on red thing.. its really funny when here u will say its ok and u dont care but when u get gank by reds in game i bet u bitch like a little kid that dont get what he wants in a candy store about it... so dont tell em to stfu i pay for the shard- u none lamers that dont pay shit can stfu urselfs

shamoo said:
First off, I'd like to say that I enjoy this shard very much and thank you guys for the work y'all are putting into it...

My only concern is that IF .... I say IF we do get some kind of gifts for the... how shall I say ? small inconvenience ?? that'd it be given out to all accounts and not only to the ones that are online at the right time :eek:

I got the gift greed when I first got my "all kill = no skill" apron and I'd hate to miss whatever else because I wasn't on :D

sorry if I sound like a greedy trammy ... I just can't help it sometimes

P.S.: for the rest of you people plz
WAR ATOMIC*GODZ
there's 2 atomic*godz atm so war the one with AG as abrv
it'll be great fun I promise

First sentence good. The rest was useless garbage. If you wish to beg, I'm sure there is a street corner near by.

From what I've read, with all the bitching, I don't believe we deserve rewards.

Krypt_ said:
A lot of flaming and lack of knowledge goes here.

Look up the word donation. Infact, I willingly donated $45 dollars tonight. Personally, I don't care if these guys take that $45 dollars and buy a case of beer and a 20 sack. Want to know why? These guys do this in there free time, they don't make an hourly wage to do this, they don't have some corporation behind them paying for the bandwidth or the server. Go pay for a 15mb line. It would double your mothers paycheck. These people deserve it. Every penny of a donation.

Now please, like I suggested earlier. Click Here.

Also, figure out what ass kissing is. I'm merely defending the people who work there asses off to bring us such excellent service.

I'll put this in your terms: DIE IN A FIRE KTHNX PWNED NUB DIE EZ IRL!!!!!111!!11
Edit: And about the red thing. Please, click "Eric Clapton", in my sig.