UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Legend or Not?

mrpink

Sorceror
Legend or Not?

I am curious if there is any real legendary players from OSI that play on UOG. Whether it be a PK that was on the bounty board for a consecutive year and owned 30 houses (DARK PURIST - Sonoma) or whether it be a legendary scammer that CAME UP WITH scamming ideas 1st, or maybe you were the best thief? etc etc.

I AM the best looter/scammer of ALL TIME. OSI changed UO a few things BECAUSE OF ME and I was banned a few times for a few things:

These are all OLD SCHOOL.
1. Boat Looting: Log off a char on a boat next to docks and then with another char, move the boat so another person can put their boat there, and voila, yer on a new boat that you can loot!

2. Boat Looting (better method): This worked wonders: Sailing your ship up next to another ship and looting everything from the sides and from the corners of the ship, worked best looting small ships. (I did this once a week and sailed EVERYWHERE and made lots of loot)

3. House Scamming: A few years ago, this worked: Placing a small house next to a castle, a keep, or tower, or whatever you could find that was large, and advertise selling the keep, castle, or tower for a few million gold. Advertising for cheap (towers at this point sold for 5-10 million gold) meant stupid greedy people would want to buy your "tower or castle". Get to the house spot and let them see the castle or keep and sell them the small house instead. The coordinates look almost the same, gold can't be tracked, and the UO game itself sold for $20 at Wal-Mart. Hmm...... $20 for 2-5 million gold..... sounds good to me!

I did the house scamming using 3 accounts over a period of 8 days on different IPs than my regular accounts were on, made a grand total of 28 million gold and pissed off about 10 people. Of course each time I got an account banned, I would go right back to Wal-Mart and buy a new copy of UO :) === Once I got enough gold, I just bought a tower from a respectable person, and then about a year afterwards, AoS came on, so I quit.

So in my mind, this makes me a legend..... People posted about this on tradespot AND OSI changed their house trade ways because of it..... Of course, several people copied me, but didn't make as much as I did, because NOBODY knew about it.

As for the boat looting thing, 6 months after UO started, my 1st loot holding facility was a small boat and I liked sailing, and once I saw things sitting on other boats, I wanted them BADLY. :)

SONOMA all my time playing OSI.

Are you a REAL legend?

mrpink

Sorceror
I also forgot to mention camping a guildhouse or other house and waiting for someone to go inside and then stealthing in and having a couple friends on hand to help loot it.....

People used to throw tons of stuff in their houses that wasnt secure....

zeyntih

Wanderer
Well

Not sure if this was a legend of not. But I was there on Chesapeake around the time when a whole guild KoC got banned for duping gold. There was even a announcement on the UO Patch about it. Something like 500 people? Either way I was on my 28.8k modem back then, that connected at 12k. I tried to fight them but, well, you know.

Ironfist Max

Galgum

Page
I have a bit of a legend of my own, rather, me and fonis. By no means are we a legend, but regardless, it's funny what we did. See, it was around the time of the iggie glitch, where you could smelt deeds for iggies, then sell the iggies for really good cash. Anyway, we had quite a bit of gold to spare on Great Lakes so we bought about 30 boats. Why 30 boats you ask? We created a blockade between 2 continents blocking the macro path COMPLETELY. It was all over tradespot and some other popular UO forum I've forgotten the name of. It was hilarious and awesome, we maintained it for about 9 days.

Edit: Me and Oreo wrote and iggie scripted that created the deeds with balot boxes, chopped them, then smelted them and then sent them to the bank with a bag of sending. If you're curious, after selling our hundreds of mils of god, we made over 2000 real life dollars off of it and carto.

With all the iggies we made and efficiency of the script I made, and the 6 accounts macroing it, I like to take credit for the ruining of the Great Lakes Economy =)

A

ASayre

Just a note, there are many peple here who claim they were legends, and use their name, but, many of them aren't once yas talk to 'em.

oreo-

Wanderer
I was one of the first disarm thieves on great lakes, before galgum started playing. I used to, with my guild (BC, I was just a member for a little bit) steal nearly 20 weapons a house. Well, not only that, but I had another account with a character with the same name, outfit, look, etc., and am responsible for many of the people who turned red. Also I placed infinite houses, because I wrote a script that auto-clicked the accept button when it asked if it was okay to place there.

On another note, I also got one account banned for duping, one account banned for deed stealing, one account banned for helping someone who was banned, and another for the carto script. Never got banned for the iggie script though, but my lifetime earnings from uo are around 4000$ and it completely paid for my car, a 1990 buick riviera (which is pimp I don't care what you say).

Galgum and I spent like 3 days trying to get the script to work right, and we finally got a plausible method when we used bags of sending to send the iggies to our bank in piles of 57-59k.

fonis

Knight
I avoided the whole bag of sending thing by using a friend's (dana) house near Vesper and running back wooden boxes of 85 some stacks of 57k ingots each. I had 2 full boxes left before I stopped.

Galgum

Page
fonis said:
I avoided the whole bag of sending thing by using a friend's (dana) house near Vesper and running back wooden boxes of 85 some stacks of 57k ingots each. I had 2 full boxes left before I stopped.

In case you people are curious how. Oreo found the reset number for the boxes, as in, when the box hits so many stones, it resets back to 1 and you can toss it in your inventory as if it was that light. Probably works here too, but other than iggies, and maybe wood, can't see a reason why. It was like 65565 stones, some where around there.

treehouse

Sorceror
Not sure if this was a legend of not. But I was there on Chesapeake around the time when a whole guild KoC got banned for duping gold. There was even a announcement on the UO Patch about it. Something like 500 people? Either way I was on my 28.8k modem back then, that connected at 12k. I tried to fight them but, well, you know.

KoC was truly legendary. Now the question! How did Ed McManus get to keep his account!!?!?!? Did he sell out his guildmates?

drucifer

Wanderer
hm

I was the first to sell an ordinary book as a rare. Such as "a wallet (0 items, 0 stones)". Passed off as a rare blessed container. Made over 30 mill selling a few of em. Had alot of scams back in my time on osi. Also one of the first on hokuto to use the bugged vendor "Horace" who sold you 140 magery, eval, resist. Gms promptly deleted him and banned an entire guild who abused him...lots of fun things back in the day...

treehouse

Sorceror
My favorite scam was the "Selling Account for UO Gold Scam" haha believe it or not it really worked. Step one: Find Rich ebayed newb! (super easy on Chessy) Step two: create a semi-fictional account Step three: impersonate broker Step four: get all of guys life savings and go "fuck you man" and recall!

they best part was you could in no way be banned for it! we started off only getting 1-2mil a deal, but in our prime we could get 12-15 a deal. Man it was sweet. Forgot what I did with all the money though haha!

treehouse

Sorceror
never claimed to be in koc bro read post =/! but like every1 else here i have been playin uo since beta! we have all played since beta haha

Oscar-hybrid

Wanderer
I was the most hated player on europa for two things...

I back-stabbed and killed everybody, red, blue, chaos, order. it didn't matter to me because I was so anti-social, I made life on europa hard. People also hated my Tinker, my tinker traps blew up over 600 people. :cool:

Then I got banned for publishing bugs.

Grendel23

Wanderer
Did any of you do anything that wasn't morally reprehensible in order to consider yourself 'legends'? I was the first tamer to reach nightmare taming level on Siege, taking several months to do so, and managed to block off all of the spawns before anyone else. In doing so I prevented people like yourselves from controlling the spawns in order to profit personally, as was epidemic on the regular shards. I publically announced my control, along with my guild, and made mares available to anyone with high enough taming to acquire one. Including my enemies who later used them to kill me and my guildmates on a regular basis, because it was their right to own one as much as anyone else. The support I got from the entire siege community in maintaining control, as any single mare I doled out could have been used to functionally 'kill' the spawn it came from, was my constant thanks. I petitioned gms regularly to display my control and beg for a fix that would prevent the exploit, at one point with over 40 tamers in attendance to back up my claims which finally achieved a converstation with one of the devs and the eventual change to the mechanics of the spawns.

I was famous on my server for my efforts. What you people are is infamous. That's being famous for being an asshole, to break it down into terms you'll understand. You guys aren't legends. If anything, you're the opposite. I'm surprised that years later you haven't matured enough to recognize it.

Kytano

Sorceror
I and a few old friends were famous for releasing dragons/ww/mares in the heavily populated hunting spots of Trammel, when it first came out, and of course opening up a trade window so they couldnt loot till their body was bones - got lots of loot those days, silver vanqs galore!

Suffice to say we quit a few weeks after (trammel was the last nail in uos coffin) and osi fixed the pet release thing a week after we began lol.

We were pretty despised ;)

fonis

Knight
I'd say the boat thing was famous, considering macro'ing is illegal on OSI... It was fun boating up and down the wall, killing all the macro'ers and taking their regs.

Sera-hybrid

Wanderer
treehouse said:
KoC was truly legendary. Now the question! How did Ed McManus get to keep his account!!?!?!? Did he sell out his guildmates?

http://www.jerkass.com/mcmanus/

Go to movies. Watch the Dread series, starting from the begining. It will take you a long time to go through them all. There is of course some fiction in there, but every event which he writes about in his stories parallels some in game or IRL occurance. This will give some explanation as well as a really entertaining time.

By the way, what a rediculous thread. Every Joe Shmoe and his mother likes to claim that they were famous "back in the day". Interestingly enough, since nobody can really argue what happened 4 years ago, that seems to encourage such fabrication. This is definately an IPY kind of thread, lol.