UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Lets build a stronger RP community together!

Are player run communities meant to be a part of UO?

• Yes

Votes: 89 89.9%
  • No

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 6 6.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets build a stronger RP community together!

Hello my name is Jake Blackstone. My friend, Sirch, and I would like to build a new player run town or revive Tenebrea.

Idea:
What if we together as a community built something greater than just working by yourself to becoming the worlds most uber 7x GM PvP character? What if we could build a society built by and run by the players of Hybrid? What if this town would be not the last town but the first of many towns to come? Who knows one day we may even be able to include full fledged wars amoung kingdoms? I ask you now lets take the first step together on the trail to building a stronger RP community! Just always remember:
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall."
Confucius

Previous Experiences:
-Kalimdor on IN2
-Emerald Glenn on UO Demise

Type of Government:
-Democracy

Who can join?
-Any roleplayers

Leaders We are in need of:
-Event Hosters
-Military Tactical Leaders
-Architects
-Hardcore Roleplayers

If you have any questions or suggestions be sure to post them!

BryanJ

Wanderer
Re: Lets build a stronger RP community together!

I could maybe help out. PM me if you need something.

So what do you guys think about Tenebrea, do you think it would be possable to revive it or just start from scratch?

raithianellis

Sorceror

Hey, I'm willing to give RP here annother chance.
My AIM = PBJunkie1939

AIM me and give me some more details, we can discuss your ideas.

BryanJ

Wanderer

Right now, I'm unsure what to do since Imbus is coming sometime in the near future.

Hank-hybrid

Wanderer

Love this idea guys.. count me in.

Sorrynametaken said:
Right now, I'm unsure what to do since Imbus is coming sometime in the near future.

Imbus??

kio123

Knight

you dont have my support. emerald glenn was gay so this will be

im waiting for imbus

kio123 said:
you dont have my support. emerald glenn was gay so this will be

im waiting for imbus

Just as I said in my original post:
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall."
Confucius

You win some, you lose some. You can't succeed at everything you make, you can only learn from your past mistakes. I am going to say that I feel it was impossible to build any sort of RP community on UO Demise, since the player base was heavily power gamers not roleplayers as you most likely saw that none of the 500 roleplaying guilds that started up ever succeeded.

Anyways since it seems we have some support, our next step should be to choose a location and a name for ourselves. Any suggestions would be greatly appreated.

kio123

Knight

i suggest you pick an island. as you noticed the servers full of housing and to build a city you must find every house owner and buy their houses 1 by 1. people usually track idocs on their island and own more than 1 house in a certain island

or you can pick yourself occlo as location where exatly tenebrea is. or my suggestion is to turn brit or magincia to your rp ground. roleplaying street wars would really insipre alot of people

BryanJ

Wanderer

kio123 said:
i suggest you pick an island. as you noticed the servers full of housing and to build a city you must find every house owner and buy their houses 1 by 1. people usually track idocs on their island and own more than 1 house in a certain island

or you can pick yourself occlo as location where exatly tenebrea is. or my suggestion is to turn brit or magincia to your rp ground. roleplaying street wars would really insipre alot of people

Basing around a real in-game city is a good idea. It exposes roleplay to the average player and allows a safe place(guardzoned) for people to roleplay. I suggest people look at http://core.moongates.org/ on the idea of town-based roleplay communities. Personally, Vesper seems to be a good choice; a city with full services and real estate on either side. I would have picked Occlo(which Tenebrae is on the same island) but Occlo isn't guardzoned.

But, I believe at least the good city in Imbus(Delucia) will be guardzoned. I wish I knew the date of the opening of Imbus.

I would say guardzone isn't exactly the best thing in the world either, it adds a little excitement and a challenge to the game defending your town from reds. I suggest we try Occlo or do you think factions could be a possibility or is the system too screwed up?

BryanJ

Wanderer

Jake Blackstone said:
I would say guardzone isn't exactly the best thing in the world either, it adds a little excitement and a challenge to the game defending your town from reds. I suggest we try Occlo or do you think factions could be a possibility or is the system too screwed up?

The idea would be that the rp houses around the orginal town would actually be another section of that town. Obviously, the roleplayers would spend more time in their area with the housing, but the actual town is there for when they want to do something in safety.

Alright I got a solution to our problem, what if we made a faction aligned guild that would RP our ownership of one town? This town we would protect and recapture if it was taken by the enemy. To go along with this we would have a storyline and events. We could organize armies in order to defend it. So what do you guys think?

I am not traditionaly a role player but, I love your idea and will give you my full support. PM me if you need anything at all. I will be hard to reach until May 20th but after that I will be able to help much more.

Status
Not open for further replies.