UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Lockpicking Guide

CrystalTears

Wanderer
Re: Lockpicking Guide

TheCoolSideofthePillow;409823 said:
You can go to Twisted Weald and bring a Satyr over near the entrance/exit teleporter. Attack the Satyr and wait until you under the effect of its Discordance. When your skills drop jump into the sparkle teleporter and start picking boxes. When your skills return to normal repeat the process. You should reach Grandmaster in a couple hours.

..... bring me the satyr.

ive never used the faction trick before. ive got 97.3 lockpicking, get a gain every 4 chests i open. sometimes on dungeon chests, mainly yew crypts south (tram and fel), and prisoner chests. the method explained earlier with the constant picking, i use in razor.

double click lockpicks,
execute last target.

picked around 6 times on one chest. remember to set it to loop, and have a hotkey to stop the macro (speeds things up)

psycrow

Sorceror

well, i´ve stuck at 95%...it was really hard to gain, so i decided to make the faction trick and voilá, easy gain! :D

I just thought I'd add this -

I just GM'd from 95 in less than 1 hour.

Total time from 50 - less than 5 hours.

There are several locations on each facet containing NPC prisoners guarded by mobs, usually rat and/or orc. If you run a macro in a loop that clicks the lock picks and targets the chest continuously you'll attempt it 5 times by the time you get the result of the first attempt, and you can gain each time even though the first attempt unlocks the chest. Both facets also have Vesper and Brit Banks which hold several each.

good luck to all

Hellrasor

Wanderer

Ok, I am fairly new to Demise. I took a long break from UO. Now that I am back, I needed a GM lock pick. I have 5 paragon chests I need opened. So I was able to get picking to 95 in no time at all. I know the old ways of doing dungeon chests, I did it on OSI many years ago. That is a painful and long process. I also knew about the faction trick. I figured I would try the faction trick. The first few times I tried it were total failures. I took GM tinkered boxes (can't pick at all with stat loss)...I took level 50 tinker boxes, and I took level 70 tinkered boxes. No gains at all. So I read some where that the faction trick was fixed by OSI. Great...now what.

I read about the satyr trick, and was wondering if they fixed the faction trick, did they fix that too?

I have been trying to do dungeon chests. (being new, my char has no skill or stats) Even from dungeon chests I have not gained. So this leaves me wondering how you guys do it. I was reading that treasure chests work, again with no other skill that will be fun.

I guess the point of this post is, can some one point me to where I can get gains???

Tewale

Sorceror

TrueImaginations;689388 said:
I just thought I'd add this -

I just GM'd from 95 in less than 1 hour.

Total time from 50 - less than 5 hours.

There are several locations on each facet containing NPC prisoners guarded by mobs, usually rat and/or orc. If you run a macro in a loop that clicks the lock picks and targets the chest continuously you'll attempt it 5 times by the time you get the result of the first attempt, and you can gain each time even though the first attempt unlocks the chest. Both facets also have Vesper and Brit Banks which hold several each.

good luck to all

This ^

p.s. Yeah faction trick thing does not work any more, the gm's fixed it. (or broke it, depending on your perspective :) )
Pretty sure the satyr thing works but haven't tried it on LP. (already have a gm LP so no need for me.)

Hellrasor

Wanderer

OK, so I have been at this for about 5 hours. The Brit and Vesper bank chests have not given me any gains. Just some easy gold. The camp spawn has been fun, and I have gained .3 but the loot makes it totally worth it. 95.3 GO ME! I have hit a few dungeon chests...still with no gains. I have been able to do the multi pick thing on one chest. But I don't know why my gains are so slow.