UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Lockpicking Guide

fishbonz

Wanderer
I followed this guide and it worked great till 75 lockpicking then the gains stopped with a box made by a 50 carp/tink (as the guide mentions)

I went to GM carp/tink boxes and got the message that I dont know how the lock can be manipulated.

I had to get a lvl 90 tink, 30 carp to make me a box to gain after 75.

Besides that the guide is perfect!

cotox

Wanderer
i had a gm lockpicker on OSI and here's what I did:
set up this internal UO macro in the options:

last object
wait for targ
target last

now target the treasure chest using a spell or the shovel you used to dig up... anything (except lockpicks) as long as you target it.

now double click your lockpicks and press esc to clear the target.
now hit your macro over and over and over..
doing this will cause you to unlock the chest several times... it saves time and gold you waste on lvl 3-4 tmaps..

does this work here?

It doesn't appear to, you get several success messages but no gains. Possibly the delay from the client repeats the message as some spells do if you spam them fast enough ;)

Jahn

fishbonz

Wanderer
mymago said:
There actually is a better way to make it work faster and prettier!

If (JournalContains "appear")
Double Click (key)
Wait for Target
Absolute Target
Pause 1.00 second (pause optional, I personally hate waiting for time outs)
End If
Double Click (lockpicks)
Wait for Target
Absolute Target
Pause 1.00 second (optional)

Since the only message that appears in the bottom left hand corner of your screen is That does not appear to be locked. this will get you going just nicely and it will only lock the chest if it has been picked open, otherwise it will try to pick over and over til it succeeds.

With this macro all I needed to do at each new box was retarget the new key and the two Absolute targets to the new box...

This was posted earlier and it worked perfectly for me top get to 95 lockpicking

PM me if you have troubles setting it up and I can email it to you with some instructions

cotox

Wanderer
well thanks, but i didnt mean that process...actually i'm stuck at 95.3 lockpick...i've travelled through some places and i've noticed that, unless stratics info isnt up to date, some of the spawn chests here have a bit less chests than it is supposed to, and their spawn time is way too different as well from the osi standards (as i've read in stratics...or maybe i was lazy...).

anyway, i was wondering if there isnt a decent way to raise lockpicking other than going to camps, waiting a long way till the chest spawns again...

i dont think it is reasonable to have such difficult 5 points... =]

hellolovely

Wanderer
Sexy said:
does this work here?

i got to gm lockpicking a couple weeks ago, using that method. A few times I did gain more then .1 of a chest and once i gained .3 using that macro. I cut out the wait for target bit tho, and according to the messages and the sounds, I attempted to pick about 5 or 6 times even if i got it the first time. I went through really sluggish times, not gaining at all on my entire chest circuit, but sometimes i'd gain .2 off every chest! just keep at it, and you'll be digging up your arties soon!! :D

cotox

Wanderer
I don't think you understood my question...the method posted by that guy up there mentions about using ONE chest to raise lockpicking, and this was my question...

and i'll repeat it...anyway, i'd test it myself if only i knew how to set that macro...i didn't understand precisely what to do.

jc_at_aq

Sorceror
So, there doesnt seem to be a definitive answer in this tread anywhere. What is the best way to go from 95-GM? I am 96.2 right now picking mainly dungeon chests, but the gains are SLOOOOWWW. Anyone have suggestions on where to go for high concentrations of pickable chests?

jmaster

Sorceror
You guys seriously pick tmaps to get from 95-GM? if all of you's do, i'll gladly sell the info in pms to tell you the easiest way to GM Lp in max 6 hours from 50-GM :) with one box

Deepshade

Sorceror
I have 95.1 lp and im wondering if i can gain by trying to pick this blood ele chest i have, or do i have to be at 100
Kepp in mind im not asking if i can open it, just gain from it

Gargamel

Wanderer
Deepshade said:
I have 95.1 lp and im wondering if i can gain by trying to pick this blood ele chest i have, or do i have to be at 100
Kepp in mind im not asking if i can open it, just gain from it

As far as I know you need 100 and you can't get gains