UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Magic the Gathering.

Jamboish

Wanderer
Re: Magic the Gathering.

I started playing when the Fade counters came out. My favorite monster was Blastoderm. 5/3 lasted 3 turns for the cost of practically nothing.

Oldeytia

Wanderer

haha, Blastoderm was my hitter for my green beats deck. So funny to rush a player, then all of a sudden 3rd turn drop blastoderm :) They're always, "WTF" 4th turn giant growth your birds of paradise attack strong :)

Pandacious

Wanderer

Meh, Birds don't really fit too well in an aggro deck outside of type 2. But, I think my first deck was like green.

4x llanowar Elves
4x Fyndhorn Elves
3x Overrun
1x vitalizing wind
2x Weatherseed guy, some 5/3 guy that comes back

I dunno, it was an OK deck...but now that I think back to it, it was pretty flimsy. No real draw power, nothing to stop any threats. I died to Dead Guys Ale so fast.

I didn't get a decent 1.5 deck for a long time, and then I finally got Affinity, which wasn't much....but it was pretty powerful.

My enforcers, frogmites, Arcbound Ravagers, Shrapnels blasts...etc. not bad.

Oldeytia

Wanderer

Here's a good mono green win deck for type 2. I think I am going to start playing again, by buying this deck.

36 creatures (34 elves, 18 warriors)
4x boreal druid
4x llanowar elves
4x bramblewood paragon
4x wren's run vanquisher
4x thornweald archer
4x elvish warrior
4x wolf-skull shaman
4x imperious perfect
2x elvish champion
2x mirri cat warrior

7 spells:
4x obsidian battle-axe
1x hurricane
1x Krosan Grip
1x pithing needle

17 Lands:
14x forest
3x treetop (or mutavault, whichever you prefer, i like trees 'cause I own them and 'cause I can then needle mutavault)

Lol, I am the type of person that doesn't use a sideboard. For the simple fact, I can never figure out what to switch out with :)

Pandacious

Wanderer

You really should sideboard...It helps a lot..

Well, anyways....That list is decent, but you should consider some of these.

Wrens Run packmaster
Heritage druid
Overrun
Garruk Wildspeaker

and, if you can afford them I would run 4 mutavault and 4 Treetop village to dodge Wrath of God.

As for a sideboard, I would suggest...
3 Krosan Grip
2 pithing needles
3 Hurricane
2 overrun

As for stuff to take out, definitely the main deck pithing needle, hurricane, and grip. They just take up too much board space. These are just a couple of thoughts I'm throwing out there. :)

Magic is actually kinda the reason I haven't played UO in like 8 months. Instead of killing DFs and filling out BODs in my free time I playtest on MWS and go to tourneys 1-2 times a month. I play almost exclusively Legacy (though I play a little bit of Vintage on the side). Before yesterday I was on a 3 tournament Top 8 streak (I went 3-2 yesterday).

GoldenTicket

Wanderer

I played when Ice Age came out, all the way until invasion cycle.

For those of you who don't know me, I am "Squee".

Squee: Goblin Nabong is a MTG card =p.

Pandacious

Wanderer

Wow, that's cool. Maybe we can play test with each other sometime on MWS. I'll have to brush up on my Legacy a bit, I've been playing Standard exclusively for about 8 months now.

There a certain deck you like to use most?

From what I remember...the 1.5 meta was....
Threshold
Goblins
TES
Affinity
Solidarity
Belcher
Land Still
R/G beats
Dead guys ale

Oldeytia

Wanderer

Lol. I haven't played MTG in years. That is a deck list a buddy of mine built for me. He owns a shop that holds the FNT's. I am going to look all the cards up, and whatnot. But I know, 4 of the creatures can block fliers. Hurricane for side just incase I get overran? Do they really have players now running mass amounts of fliers? :)

Pandacious

Wanderer

Yes, but not all do. That's why it shouldn't be maindeck, but sideboard. You should download Magic workstation, I'll practice with you a bit.

Pandacious;380147 said:
Wow, that's cool. Maybe we can play test with each other sometime on MWS. I'll have to brush up on my Legacy a bit, I've been playing Standard exclusively for about 8 months now.

There a certain deck you like to use most?

From what I remember...the 1.5 meta was....
Threshold
Goblins
TES
Affinity
Solidarity
Belcher
Land Still
R/G beats
Dead guys ale
Solidarity is basically extinct. Affinity isn't really played much. R/G Beats has taken the form of "Goyf Sligh" (i.e. Burn + Goyf). Thresh, Gobs, and Landstill are the 3 biggest decks at the moment. Other Tier 1 - 2 decks you didn't mention include: Survival, Aggro Loam, The Rock, Stax (mostly in the form of Armageddon Stax), Ichorid (aka Dredge), Belcher, Fetchland Tendrils/IGGy Pop, Faerie Stompy, Dragon Stompy, MUC (mono-blue control), Suicide Black (mostly in the form of Eva Green), Enchantress, and more. Legacy is a really diverse format, which is part of the reason why I like it so much. On MWS I'll play mostly anything, but in real life I play UGw Thresh.

Pandacious

Wanderer

In real life, I play The Epic Storm, and Affinity. On MWS, I usually always play Solidarity. To me it's just so strong, I mean as long as you have the cards, and draw the cards you win. It isn't near as flimsy as many other combos. And as an added bonus, you can ride off of your opponents storm count if they're also playing combo. I would play Solidarity IRL, but it's really expensive...and I do not have a job, and there aren't too many 1.5 tournaments in my area.

They used to have tournaments quite frequently, at that time I was borrowing my friends Goblin deck, pretty fun.

VenusTheGoat

Sorceror

Don't forget the NecroDonate... Rather simple, deadly but at the same time so easily countered. That of course is because most of the time at least one tenth of the participants have anti NecroDonate decks :p

Mario-Demise

Sorceror

I used to play alot where i live and was normaly one of the few who won multiple time sin a row. only down fall is, nowadays everyone dont/sold there decks cards and dont play no more.
I always rolled around with a darksteal? i think it was. shit that said invincible. i had like darksteal colossus and stuff. but my deck had alot of cards wich gave dbl lands ect ect. cause that shit cost alot of lands to bring out.

Oldeytia

Wanderer

Hmmm, did they wash out Land Destruction in Type 2? I been searching and searching...Nothing....lol...

I've also noticed mono black control has gotten pretty buff.

Pandacious

Wanderer

Mono black control is pretty much dead now, actually. It's too slow for the format, but Korlash control isnt *too bad. As for land destruction, it really depends on the deck. There are a few land destructive cards, such as...Detritivore, Boom//Bust, Avalanche riders...etc. Could probably make a nice white/red deck with a splash of blue land kill deck. With Lightning angels, and a Bogardan hellkite or two to finish them.