UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Network Outage - Denial of Service - 1/13/2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shino

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Re: Network Outage - Denial of Service - 1/13/2009

Aw, I hate it when people clog the pipes.

Maniphesto;1805614 said:
And messing with this one,

160.36.178.0/24 -University of Tennessee

Is just asking for trouble, but then again I don't really know too much about networking, so I merely assumed this is for the entire university, not just THAT single person.

it depends some universities use a system that tracks what files and data is being sent from each terminal. when i had my laptop at college i ended up getting busted by the school for downloading music and i shared a suite with 3 other people. they could tell me it was me just based on the information and where i was connecting at in the room. lucky me i only had to write one letter and send it to every record agency i stole music from. haha ended up mailing about 100 letters and yea i downloaded about 150 gigs of music in about a week. i think thats why i got busted but they still never got my hard drive with all the music so i win.

Sammich

Wanderer

Whatever happened to a break... actually studying for some classes.. or spending time with your girlfriend when you got raged over a video game...

srsly ddos... do we get items this tiem?

Ankoku15

Sorceror

drasked;1805501 said:
They gonna follow up a few hundred botnet infected users that had nothing to do with this besides the fact that they are too retarded to be allowed to use a computer?

You know that there is always a path tracing back to the original computer/network that sent the commands out right?

Kabar

Wanderer

The university should be able to trace that type of traffic back to a single MAC address if they got there shit setup right. They could look it up and tell you what port the traffic was coming from. Most universities are on top of this type of stuff pretty good though due to blocking access for kids who break the network usage policies setup for the college.

Not sure about the other stuff, but I'd possibly try to get in touch with the university or something. I don't know if they would be allowed to release that tyep of information but worth a shot I guess.

TheRemedy

Sorceror

Kabar;1805975 said:
The university should be able to trace that type of traffic back to a single MAC address if they got there shit setup right. They could look it up and tell you what port the traffic was coming from. Most universities are on top of this type of stuff pretty good though due to blocking access for kids who break the network usage policies setup for the college.

Not sure about the other stuff, but I'd possibly try to get in touch with the university or something. I don't know if they would be allowed to release that tyep of information but worth a shot I guess.

What are you going to do with a MAC address, its going to be pretty tough to narrow this down to an individual. Maybe the FBI will go and seize every computer on the university and check hardware addresses for the culprit. Furthermore, judging by other victims (RIAA) attacked using university networks, you will need a court order to have the university hand over their usage records, which vary in organization and thoroughness, as discovered from the RIAA cases.

Ryan, as a UOG forum member (with over 600 posts:cool:), I urgently advise you to contact the lead investigator in this matter, and possibly the CIA, and tell them to contact Kabar. He has this shit figured out already.

For the rest of you, start to document all the stuff you lost from these attacks. When we get these Tennessee terrorist bastards we will need this evidence in court. These rapists can't go free, I lost over 2000 yards of leather. I was spearing walrus's for almost two hours, and my boat decayed (large dragon boat). Everyone needs to call the nearest federal court house and contact the clerk of courts. Tell them you know Kabar, who will be teamed up with the FBI, and a lot of fucking walrus skin (in my case) has gone to waste. When the clerk says, "slow down, what?", it is just a test, push the bitch further. With a few choice expletives, make her understand, if all else fails use the word "cunt". Despite what you have been told in your life, women love being called this, deep down something clicks, they realize this is serious business and sympathy will commence, you just have to call her back after she has hung up on you. The second time she answers the phone, tell her you are going to come down their and skull fuck her if she doesn't listen (women love a man who can take charge [see bangbus.com]), assure her you are not fearful of this "harassment of a public official" claim and explain how rare a surpassingly accurate of vanquishing spear is (1 out of every 25 dragons slain). Demand a court hearing for these god damn Tennesseans who are stealing total refreshment potions by the keg! I was assured the police are on their way over to my house at this time to further discuss these crimes. Its only a matter of time before we band together and exterminate these scum. The peoples army of UO gamers will form, and none of that guild name change shit, we are going to keep this name until the war is over. Even if we recruit some new members, or Canadians, we are not changing our name or sign. We can organize rank to pertain to the 1v1 duel boards, but they will not have a say in the name. Everyone get together, we are meeting by the library to go to Tennessee. Also, if anyone has a spare ranger gorget, can you bring it with, I can't find mine. My mom keeps taking them away, she says I can't keep coloring her maxi pads with markers. She just doesn't understand how rare ranger armor is, I swear as soon as I get my wrestling up, I'm going to stun that bitch. I am gonna go work on my hiding until these cops show up, see you guys at the library.

MadeInQuebec

Forum Member of the Year 2008

TheRemedy;1807410 said:
What are you going to do with a MAC address, its going to be pretty tough to narrow this down to an individual. Maybe the FBI will go and seize every computer on the university and check hardware addresses for the culprit. Furthermore, judging by other victims (RIAA) attacked using university networks, you will need a court order to have the university hand over their usage records, which vary in organization and thoroughness, as discovered from the RIAA cases.

Ryan, as a UOG forum member (with over 600 posts:cool:), I urgently advise you to contact the lead investigator in this matter, and possibly the CIA, and tell them to contact Kabar. He has this shit figured out already.

For the rest of you, start to document all the stuff you lost from these attacks. When we get these Tennessee terrorist bastards we will need this evidence in court. These rapists can't go free, I lost over 2000 yards of leather. I was spearing walrus's for almost two hours, and my boat decayed (large dragon boat). Everyone needs to call the nearest federal court house and contact the clerk of courts. Tell them you know Kabar, who will be teamed up with the FBI, and a lot of fucking walrus skin (in my case) has gone to waste. When the clerk says, "slow down, what?", it is just a test, push the bitch further. With a few choice expletives, make her understand, if all else fails use the word "cunt". Despite what you have been told in your life, women love being called this, deep down something clicks, they realize this is serious business and sympathy will commence, you just have to call her back after she has hung up on you. The second time she answers the phone, tell her you are going to come down their and skull fuck her if she doesn't listen (women love a man who can take charge [see bangbus.com]), assure her you are not fearful of this "harassment of a public official" claim and explain how rare a surpassingly accurate of vanquishing spear is (1 out of every 25 dragons slain). Demand a court hearing for these god damn Tennesseans who are stealing total refreshment potions by the keg! I was assured the police are on their way over to my house at this time to further discuss these crimes. Its only a matter of time before we band together and exterminate these scum. The peoples army of UO gamers will form, and none of that guild name change shit, we are going to keep this name until the war is over. Even if we recruit some new members, or Canadians, we are not changing our name or sign. We can organize rank to pertain to the 1v1 duel boards, but they will not have a say in the name. Everyone get together, we are meeting by the library to go to Tennessee. Also, if anyone has a spare ranger gorget, can you bring it with, I can't find mine. My mom keeps taking them away, she says I can't keep coloring her maxi pads with markers. She just doesn't understand how rare ranger armor is, I swear as soon as I get my wrestling up, I'm going to stun that bitch. I am gonna go work on my hiding until these cops show up, see you guys at the library.

+1

Dexter420

Sorceror

Ankoku15;1805815 said:
You know that there is always a path tracing back to the original computer/network that sent the commands out right?
lol and it would be just as easy to block that trace and make u think its coming from mainland china instead tho, hackers suck that way

Arrarat

Wanderer

Does anyone know, +- when the server will be up and running again?
I need some action :p

TheRemedy;1807410 said:

If he leads the army, I'll have to move out of state to avoid persecution.

Kabar

Wanderer

So it was a botnet and not just a few different addresses? If you know campus that the traffic was coming from, then you just go back through logs and trace it back. It's really not hard, we do it a lot at work. I already said that "depending on if it was even accessible do to college policies" on viewing the traffic logs for the campus.

Few people are real hackers now days. Most are just bitch ass script kiddies. Anybody can run a program......

I feel for the poor people on here with nothing UO in there lives. Must suck to not have anything more than that in life. =(

TheRemedy

Sorceror

Kabar;1808904 said:
So it was a botnet and not just a few different addresses? If you know campus that the traffic was coming from, then you just go back through logs and trace it back. It's really not hard, we do it a lot at work. I already said that "depending on if it was even accessible do to college policies" on viewing the traffic logs for the campus.

Few people are real hackers now days. Most are just bitch ass script kiddies. Anybody can run a program......

I feel for the poor people on here with nothing UO in there lives. Must suck to not have anything more than that in life. =(

Guys, we should all feel privileged to have Kabar hear to sort this shit out. I have taken the time to translate some of his concepts. They will go down in history of UO Gamers security and prevention tactics. Ryan, I advise you to reward Kabar with 2 yards of what ever tram color cloth he desires.

So it was a botnet and not just a few different addresses? How could a few addresses bombard a server with as many packets as what happened in this scenario. Furthermore, if only a few addresses were sending packets, they would have been blocked quickly and this would not have been such an issue?

If you know campus that the traffic was coming from, then you just go back through logs and trace it back.We know the campus the traffic came from, the logs are not open to the public. Just as if I called your ISP and said, "hey, give me the logs, I want to know who kabar is so he can come to my birthday party", most likely, they will not say, "here they are, just trace it back, and don't forget to have fun!"

It's really not hard, we do it a lot at work.
Where do you work? With what you have described, and judging by your grammer I would guess an under the table nazi identity theft agency.

I already said that "depending on if it was even accessible do to college policies" on viewing the traffic logs for the campus. -huh? Do you know any ISP's that have open user log policies?

Few people are real hackers now days. Most are just bitch ass script kiddies. Anybody can run a program...... I can hack a Gibson, and you are most likely a "kiddie" too, who uses the term "bitch ass script kiddies"?

I feel for the poor people on here with nothing UO in there lives. Must suck to not have anything more than that in life. =( I assume you are saying you feel sorry for the people who have nothing more to life than UO. I agree, I unfortunately don't play anymore, I am now just a forum warrior.

Do you have an agent? I think we could benefit each other, with your knowledge and expertise we could take the world by storm. First thing we are going to do is get Bush back in the white house. I will represent his head of security, Kabar. We will then hunt these kiddie scum down and nuke their countries, if they are not in the US, and crucify any US "bitch ass kiddie script runners". We will place an executive order back to over ride any constitutional rights and civil liberties Americans have so we can "trace back" everyone. When George Bush dies, you can take over, I will be vice president. Deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.