UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Non-stand-and-slash MMORPGS?

grandpa3

Sorceror
Re: Non-stand-and-slash MMORPGS?

I tried D&D and have a lifetime account on LOTR. Both are just quest after quest after quest................................................................

psz

Administrator

grandpa3;757895 said:
I tried D&D and have a lifetime account on LOTR. Both are just quest after quest after quest................................................................

And free ^_^

But yes, they're not nearly as "open" as UO or WoW. They're basically "Co-op PvM" games.

dsavant

Sorceror

the most active mmorp i've ever played by far, with hands-down the best pvp ever would have to be Asheron's Call.... no guarentee on the amount of people who still play it/the current state of the game though

bennyw33d

Squire

Howl, I have the same problem as u do, sometimes I feel boring from UO and start looking for other MMORPGS... But always I coming back to UO hehe...

Atm I just took some long break from playing uo, hope this game will be interesting for me as it was... Maybe if I will wait enough time... :D

dead-eye

Knight

bennyw33d;758136 said:
Howl, I have the same problem as u do, sometimes I feel boring from UO and start looking for other MMORPGS... But always I coming back to UO hehe...

Atm I just took some long break from playing uo, hope this game will be interesting for me as it was... Maybe if I will wait enough time... :D

the thing about uo is theres always one of those good memories you have about it and it makes you want to play.

Howl

Sorceror

bennyw33d;758136 said:

You just took a break again?! I thought you had just come back = (

I miss the old crew... You, Neeko, Wolfie, Khoga and Undead and all the kokots I still play with.

Bama

Bug Huntress

Howl;759117 said:
I miss the old crew... You, Neeko, Wolfie, Khoga and Undead and all the kokots I still play with.

**Looks at the list**
**Glares at Tim**
**Shakes head**
The fact that you would list Wolf and not ........... forget it
**Pouts**

BrotherDon

Sorceror

Anarchy Online is old as hell and I havent played in two years so who knows how its still doing but ....

it did have very fun non hack and slash pvp, it did have a very big universe to explore with lots of interesting thing to do, the twinking on super high level items meta game was an interesting and unique meta game. It would however take you a decade to get up to par unless you made a low level tower twink, the way the game works is theres like 280 levels total I think? the first 1-200 are easy and would take a few weeks. the 201-220 would take you probably atleast six months, it takes more exp to go from 219 to 220 than it does to go from 1-219. sadly the 201-220 levels also make you more powerful exponentially as well and someone sub 210 does not stand a chance against a 220 of equal skill. than theres alien levels which I think go to 50 or something. they are seperate entirely and independant and nice but not necessary beyond the first dozen or so that you can get in a few days.

AO is a huge grind to get to the top, but once you are there its fun and has good pvp and a huge world with a unique class and skill sysem.

D&D has no pvp at all, its possible to attack other players inside the dueling pits in taverns but it was a complete after though, the game is not even remotely balanced for pvp and no one does it ever except for a joke or to grief new players that dont know any better.

havent played LOTR

Warhammer is pretty fun, theres only like 3 servers left so it probably going to die sooner or later, but while its still going if you get one an active server its very fun, the pve levels take a couple weeks to grind out at best, the pvp is massive rvr based, 200 vs 200 castle sieges and what not. It was terrible at release but pretty enjoyable now a days. the problem is there are pvp levels and pve levels. at max pve level you are still going to get two shotted by people for a month or two until you get your pvp level up to around 60.

theres all sorts of 'sort of free' korean MMOs that have questionable pvp, mabinogi is a mmo supposably based on celtic mythology, its got interesting pve in that its based largely on not ever being hit and countering your enemies attacks. the pvp is set by paladins vs dark knights and elves vs giants (humans can pick either side). unfortunately the pvp is EXTREMELY ping dependant, way way more so than UO will ever be. Because the combat system depends largely on comboing opponents to prevent them from attacking you, most pvp comes down to who has the lowest ping to get the first hit in. another game by the same publisher (nexon) dungeon fighter online is a 2d side scrolling beat em up like old arcade games, its a nice twist and fun to play with a game pad. if you like fighting games and mmos its worth checking out. its pretty viable to play DFO for free, the only advantage paying for things has is character respecs, and vanity costumes.

theres always WoW, but Im sure youve heard enough about WoW..

uh what else... City of Heroes / Champions Online has interesting and different PvM, but the pvp isnt that active, tho its not that bad.

Global Agenda is kinda cool, its basicly Unreal Tournament the MMO. pretty sure someone just stole that RPG Mod from UT2k3 and made it an MMO, but its fun non the less. its free to play to like level 15, if you buy the game its free to play forever but you have to subscribe to get some of the other features, games like 10 or 20 bucks on steam

Howl

Sorceror

Bama;759186 said:
**Looks at the list**
**Glares at Tim**
**Shakes head**
The fact that you would list Wolf and not ........... forget it
**Pouts**

Hey!! I could never forget you! You still play occasionally so I didn't list you there. I meant people who have passed on back into the real world = P

Bama

Bug Huntress

Good thing you answered before 3 days Tim!!!!

Attachments

• Meow.gif
    Meow.gif
    28.6 KB · Views: 40

Howl

Sorceror

Heh! I just got back from London, I messaged you as soon as I could = P

bennyw33d

Squire

Howl;759117 said:
You just took a break again?! I thought you had just come back = (

Not again lol, I talked about the past hehe.

Now I am here until the end of the world ;)

miqman

Wanderer

Well, wait for teh new star wars mmorpg! its gonna be legend.. WAIT FOR IT.. DARY!