UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Non-stand-and-slash MMORPGS?

dead-eye

Knight
Re: Non-stand-and-slash MMORPGS?

Ageless Venomous;752966 said:
Well, if you ever consider retail WoW, get into Ner'zhul and PM me, i'll send you some funky riches so you can just level up without caring about gear or stuff like that untill you're 80.

Best of all, you can PvP your way up to 80. It's slow, but once you hit 80, you're playing so well that battlegrounds will feel like crap under your shoe.

hehe ive been dirt napping scrubs in battlegrounds for years.

Even if im the lowest lvl in the battleground i tend to top the list in healing or dmg

psz

Administrator

Nobody really charges for the clients anymore.... UO, WoW, DDO... All of them offer the clients on the websites.

(Ok, DDO was a bad example, as it's free-to-play...)

Howl

Sorceror

Ok, so I'm installing the 10 day WoW trial... is the trial client limited or something and will I need to buy expansion packs?? = /

Howl;753557 said:
Ok, so I'm installing the 10 day WoW trial... is the trial client limited or something and will I need to buy expansion packs?? = /

It's the full client. All you need to do is login into a private or buy an account after 10 days.

Seer

Wanderer

Howl;753557 said:

WoW gets boring when you reach the highest lvl. Try DAOC. Its far superior to Wow.

Seer;754592 said:
WoW gets boring when you reach the highest lvl. Try DAOC. Its far superior to Wow.

PvM gets really boring indeed.

PvP gets better, since people before 80 are idiots or undergeared. Or both.

psz

Administrator

One nice thing about WoW:

If you change the login info to use a private realm, you can still log into WoW by using your BNet account info. It will even patch normally.

Basically, WoW these days requires your username to be an email address (Specifically your BNet email address). So just make sure your free realm doesn't use an email address for your username, and you can swap between the two with no problems. (Email == Blizz, non-Email == Free)

Howl

Sorceror

Ah thanks.

I tried the trial for a bit but got immensely bored... it didn't seem to 'pick up' for me.

Maybe I just need to try PvP.

Is the PvP as skill intensive as it is here?

dsavant

Sorceror

Howl;754770 said:
Ah thanks.

I tried the trial for a bit but got immensely bored... it didn't seem to 'pick up' for me.

it's as intensive as "press a couple keys in a row, kill some people. die, rez in 20 seconds rinse repeat"

Lucifall

Knight

Howl;754770 said:
Ah thanks.

Yeah, it's also more luck based, which may lead to some hysterical laughs.

Howl;754770 said:
Ah thanks.

Depends. You have some natural advantages and disadvantages from class to class, but mostly you have this huge advantage when playing paladins, rogues or frost mages. By far, rogue is the best, with a ridiculous combo of offensive and defensive spells. Paladins just have lots of defensive spells, and frost mages are effing fast casters with the best instant casts.

Also, how you assemble your gear will have a direct influence on your gameplay and efficiency. Its not like UO where you can just cap every properties availible.

Being that said, everything else is skill based. Knowing when to interrupt spell casting, when to stun, when to run, when to use this skill or that. There is some luck involved in critical strikes, dogding, parrying, blocking, miss... Those common RPG aspects.

Also, as said, depending on how you stack your properties, you'll be required to play differently. Stacking haste on a meele means that you need to stay in constant meele range, so you can maximize damage. Stacking Critical Chance will make your game less luck-friendly, but you'll get everything else weaker, slower, and so on.

Well, as i said way before, it gets pretty boring to PvM. PvPing is the only choice you have to have some fun after sometime (besides friends and guildies in vent joking around all the time).

psz

Administrator

Also getting a GOOD(!!!!!!!!) group together for a big Instance can be fun.

I would REALLY like to point out: GOOD group.

psz;755484 said:
Also getting a GOOD(!!!!!!!!) group together for a big Instance can be fun.

I would REALLY like to point out: GOOD group.

*Shivers with the memories... running BRD in Vanilla WoW*

dead-eye

Knight

Ageless Venomous;755436 said:
Depends. You have some natural advantages and disadvantages from class to class, but mostly you have this huge advantage when playing paladins, rogues or frost mages. By far, rogue is the best, with a ridiculous combo of offensive and defensive spells. Paladins just have lots of defensive spells, and frost mages are effing fast casters with the best instant casts.

Also, how you assemble your gear will have a direct influence on your gameplay and efficiency. Its not like UO where you can just cap every properties availible.

Being that said, everything else is skill based. Knowing when to interrupt spell casting, when to stun, when to run, when to use this skill or that. There is some luck involved in critical strikes, dogding, parrying, blocking, miss... Those common RPG aspects.

Also, as said, depending on how you stack your properties, you'll be required to play differently. Stacking haste on a meele means that you need to stay in constant meele range, so you can maximize damage. Stacking Critical Chance will make your game less luck-friendly, but you'll get everything else weaker, slower, and so on.

Well, as i said way before, it gets pretty boring to PvM. PvPing is the only choice you have to have some fun after sometime (besides friends and guildies in vent joking around all the time).

lol.... arcane>frost mage, pallies=rape, resto druid=rape, rogues are not the best anymore, priests are great, wars are also pretty beastly, hunters are good if u know what ur doing.

psz

Administrator

Expect that Cataclysm will re-shuffle the classes/races in terms of which is best.

And Quests are really the only reason to PvM in WoW. If you LIKE completing quests (or like Instances), then PvM can be fun (Albiet VERY repedative at first. I dunno how many Defias are out there, but apparently EVERYONE wants ten of thier various bandanas :-P)

I still think the rogue is fun... Nothing like bypassing half a quest while stealthed, and Ambush/Sinister Strike*3/Eviscerating a boss mob ;->

dead-eye

Knight

im gonna say cataclysm will be the rise of the warlock, again, hunters are losing their mana, so theres a good chance they will become a contender for top dps. Rogues are getting a slight buff, gaining a spell that breaks line of sight and making it impossible for anyone outside of the smoke bomb to target anyone inside.

Im hoping cataclysm evens out the pvp a bit and i hope they beef up the arena system some more.