UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

O lympics !!!

Khephren

Knight
Re: O lympics !!!

Eskeshehir;704541 said:
That's aight, i think i might slaguhter her self esteem with some shit i gotta yap at you about. You been left out the loop, some shit's gone down.

What does this have to do with olympics ?

Who cares about fucking online gaming?

Phelon

Knight

Congratulations Canada for your first ever Gold medal on Canadian soil :) I bet you are all out drinking your 6% Canadian beer and celebrating.

I can see it now.

"Woooo eh?"
"eh"

Good job my future country.

psz

Administrator

I kinda miss the old days (Before the US started losing) where instead of a Total Medal Count, the different medals actually counted FOR something.

Gold = 5
Silver = 3
Bronze = 1

Then they'd add up the "scores" to see who was winning, as opposed to

Country A is in first with 25 Bronze Medals
Country B is in second with 22 Gold Medals and two Silvers

A Gold Medal should just be WORTH more.

Dunno, just made more sense :-P (Course, once the US couldn't dominate 3/4 of the events, it suddenly became "Total Medal Count"...)

1 USA 2-2-4............20
2 Switzerland 3-0-0..15
3 Germany 1-3-1......15
4 France 2-0-2........12
5 CANADA 1-2-1......12

Khephren

Knight

well, I prefer going for total medals...

because to be honnest, even at 5th place with no medals IS something AWESOME.... if you're 5th on 20 (that made it to the olympics) and lets say 100 more that are in the same field but just didn't qualify... 5th is pretty darn good.

and when you talk about the difference beetween 1rst and second and 3rd, in some cases its about 0.02 seconds apart.... which to me, doesn't matter....

I'm proud of each and everyone of the faces that actually made it to the olympics because in some countries, it's very hard to be an Athlete... Canada for instance, I once worked with a guy that was that kind of guy, and it's a full time job, and not like in some other countries that they are actually payed for it... he wasn't... (always struggling to and for work, train full time, have a social life...etc) so to me, he was a winner even tho he hadn't yet participated.

psz

Administrator

The counter to that is, of course, "What about the guys/girls who got 5 golds for their country, but are ranked below the people they beat?"

Not exactly fair to them that they WON but are ranked lower ;->

Think about it: Let's say Canada gets first, fourth, and fifth in the Biathalon, but the US gets second and third... By the current rankings, the US "wins" the Biathalon by having two medals. By the old ranking, Canada "Wins" the Biathalon because 5 > 3+1, which makes sense, as a CANADIAN would have won the event ;->

So, as it stands, you win a gold for your country, and instead of PULLING AHEAD, you actually fall one medal BEHIND. Not really fair to the winners...

ALEX_CARDO

Wanderer

In 40 mins starts the qualifications for Snowboarding Women.I hope our girl will get a medal ( prefer gold )

Khephren

Knight

in one specific sport, I agree that gold > silver > bronze...

Those rankings are for the global olympics...
but to me, the country that wins more medals is overall better (talking in %)... in my heart, whoever wins the gold in lets say, ice hockey, actually was up to the performance and was the best of the olympics and top of their shape.

But I dont care what they write, to me, everyone that made it to the olympics IS a winner ! :)

GodZila

Sorceror

tonight its mens (so i guess you wont watch right........)
admit it patrick chan exites you :p

Phelon

Knight

Seriously, I am really excited about hockey. I live in DC and we have a ton of great players on the Russian team. I predict a Russian/Canadian final. Should be awesome.

EDIT: I'll root for Russia if that's the case. I hate that bastard Crosby.