UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Official Document sent from Lord British

Redm4ge123

Traveler
First of all, why would you not want the police to put murderers and criminals down from harming civilians? We enforce good laws and do our best to do what is right. That doesn't sound like Lord British. Why would Lord British want the force to stop keeping his city and all other cities clean?

I'm a little confused as to why most of you are looking too deep into this... It's RP, and therefore no reason to get riled up OOC. And btw, John McGail is doing something... He remade the old witch-hunting guild, Sosarian Order of Knights. Is everyone that opposed to conflict between two RP groups?

John McGail

Sorceror
I'm a little confused as to why most of you are looking too deep into this... It's RP, and therefore no reason to get riled up OOC. And btw, John McGail is doing something... He remade the old witch-hunting guild, Sosarian Order of Knights. Is everyone that opposed to conflict between two RP groups?

i think its good for the shard and for those on the shard who like to RP...

Thank you! Finally a few people who GET it!

WarEagle

Page
Its just doesn't seem congruent from a storyline perspective.

The Knights are saying the Police aren't legit because the Town Guards are the only legit lawkeepers, yet they also say that they will be enforcing a law (of not using magic) that isn't actually against the law (otherwise the guards would whack), supposedly in the name of Lord British (who only supports the guards).

Why do the Knights get to make up their own laws and declare war with the BPD (which, since they're blue, will actually be a "criminal act" per the standards of the town guards) while doing it in the name of Lord Brit?

Death To You

Sorceror
What a terrible concept. So you guys are saying you won't recall or gate or use the moongates or bank roof teleporters? Because those are all magic. Or are you going to say now that some magic is ok and other magic is not? Stop wasting everyone's time.

First of all, everyone calm down... again. I clicked on that link and a page came up with "Guild not found" so that was kind of lame proof. And also, the official stance of SoK is that no, you cannot recall or gate. You can, however, use the permanent moongates to travel to towns. Again, this is just RP. There is no need to get riled up about it, John was just trying to get some RP action going.

Redm4ge123

Traveler
First of all, everyone calm down... again. I clicked on that link and a page came up with "Guild not found" so that was kind of lame proof. And also, the official stance of SoK is that no, you cannot recall or gate. You can, however, use the permanent moongates to travel to towns. Again, this is just RP. There is no need to get riled up about it, John was just trying to get some RP action going.

Don't know what computer you are using, because I clicked the link and came with the "guild of knights" and they actually do use magic, 16.36 magery, hmm what a coincidence..

I tried again and it did work that time... Hmm, that's true. Should probably get that fixed. Are those numbers the averages of all the guild members put together?

John McGail

Sorceror
Its just doesn't seem congruent from a storyline perspective.

The Knights are saying the Police aren't legit because the Town Guards are the only legit lawkeepers, yet they also say that they will be enforcing a law (of not using magic) that isn't actually against the law (otherwise the guards would whack), supposedly in the name of Lord British (who only supports the guards).

Why do the Knights get to make up their own laws and declare war with the BPD (which, since they're blue, will actually be a "criminal act" per the standards of the town guards) while doing it in the name of Lord Brit?

First of all let's clear some things up alrighty?

#1.The Sosarian Order of Knights are a group of witch hunting Knights. KNIGHTS. Not Guards. We do NOT enforce any laws. I don't know where you got the idea we are RPing law enforcing agents.
#2. No where does it say we crusade in the name of Lord British. We support the King in his endeavors, we do NOT do his work.
#3. We are developing a RP story line here claiming the BPD are vigilanties. We are in no way trying to FLAME them. I wish the non RPers who think they know what RP is would stay out please.
#4. We see all magic users as evil, even the 'good' aligned guilds.

Gosh I remembers when RPers conversed in the RP sections of the forums. That's what happens when most RPers jump ship though I suppose.

John McGail

Sorceror
What a terrible concept. So you guys are saying you won't recall or gate or use the moongates or bank roof teleporters? Because those are all magic. Or are you going to say now that some magic is ok and other magic is not? Stop wasting everyone's time.

That's correct, Death To You. We don't use magic at all. No recalling, no gating, no healing no curing. We do use the naturally occuring moongates however. We have a RP reason for doing so, fully outlined on our website. Look at rule #1 below. This is the most important rule in the guild.
http://www.guildportal.com/Guild.aspx?GuildID=253951&TabID=2134778
Here's a small list of rules that you might find there pertaining to this discussion.
1. The use of magery of ANY kind will not be tolerated by the guild. This includes casting spells, using runebooks, asking mages to gate you places, asking mages to cast beneficial spells (heal, cure) on you. Shun a mage if he tries to "help" you by casting on you.

2. Magery, meditation, taming, musicianship, peacemaking, poisoning, discordance, provocation, stealing, snooping, begging, inscription and hiding are all strictly forbidden. If you are a musician, join a bardic guild...if you are a tamer, join a ranger guild. We are, after all, Knights.

10. Moongates - naturally occuring moongates are allowed to be used since they have no net effect on the denaturing of the Ether. The naturally occuring moongates were around before mankind ever was.

NO MAN MADE MOONGATES whatsoever, no matter the circumstances.

Well..... look what I just found out. Some of the people in the *Sosarian Order Of Knights* actually practice magic. You can see the proof that someone uses magic through this website:
http://my.uogamers.com/guilds/view.php?guildId=20919

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. We'll look further into it. I'm guessing though, our new recruit from last night who wasn't fully aware of our rules and is in the process of creating a new character with a RP name and diff skills is responsible. To answer everyone's question, there will be a small amount of magery in any guild, even if we have 0 skill due to having some Intelligence on our chars.

I tried again and it did work that time... Hmm, that's true. Should probably get that fixed. Are those numbers the averages of all the guild members put together?

That 16% is the average between every member put together, mitch. I'll have everyone in the guild have their skills displayed, using the in game command [publicchar . Should clear up who the vagrant is!

WarEagle

Page
First of all let's clear some things up alrighty?

#1.The Sosarian Order of Knights are a group of witch hunting Knights. KNIGHTS. Not Guards. We do NOT enforce any laws. I don't know where you got the idea we are RPing law enforcing agents.
#2. No where does it say we crusade in the name of Lord British. We support the King in his endeavors, we do NOT do his work.
#3. We are developing a RP story line here claiming the BPD are vigilanties. We are in no way trying to FLAME them. I wish the non RPers who think they know what RP is would stay out please.
#4. We see all magic users as evil, even the 'good' aligned guilds.

Gosh I remembers when RPers conversed in the RP sections of the forums. That's what happens when most RPers jump ship though I suppose.

Then it seems like ya guild is nothin' more than a group o' vigilantes themselves! What business is it of yours if a commoner uses his magic in accordance with th' law o'th' land? Do you's hate witches or do you's hate vigilantes? I'm's the type that needs t' knows these kinds o' things (for reasons of no importance to ya or ya guild...). As a "tradesman" lookin' in, seems like you's standin' besides two diff'rent ideals.

John McGail

Sorceror
Then it seems like ya guild is nothin' more than a group o' vigilantes themselves! What business is it of yours if a commoner uses his magic in accordance with th' law o'th' land? Do you's hate witches or do you's hate vigilantes? I'm's the type that needs t' knows these kinds o' things (for reasons of no importance to ya or ya guild...). As a "tradesman" lookin' in, seems like you's standin' besides two diff'rent ideals.

Ha! We hunt witches, not vigilanties. We have witnessed the BPD using witchcraft, hence the purpose of this post. Again, not to FLAME the BPD but to create a RP story line aboot them. Yeesh! Read what I am typing, don't put words in there that I haven't typed.

It seems to me that people are more disagreeing with what the guild's public image is, not whether it is legit. If you see the knights as more of a rogue group, all the better! No organization is supposed to be viewed as the same thing by everyone.

John McGail

Sorceror
ANYHOW, can't we all just get along? We're all part of a unique community.
I didn't post this message up to start a huge forum war, which it turned out to be.
Let's keep the RP in game and see how it turns out shall we?

Death To You

Sorceror
ANYHOW, can't we all just get along? We're all part of a unique community.
I didn't post this message up to start a huge forum war, which it turned out to be.
Let's keep the RP in game and see how it turns out shall we?

I don't understand how you could say *can't we all just get along?*, your the one who has started this *war* with COP.