UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Official Poker Tournament

Should I organize a Texas Hold'em Poker Tournament?

• Yes

Votes: 225 94.5%
  • No

Votes: 8 3.4%
  • Maybe, but only if... (Post the rest of this sentence.)

Votes: 5 2.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ness

Wanderer
Official Poker Tournament

Hybrid's First Official Poker Tournament - A Complete Success!

Everything went smoothly despite my alarm clock not going off. I'm very impressed at how well this all went. You have all definitely proven to me that these tournaments are possible. Thank you so much for being a part of this first tournament and helping me start a new Hybrid tradition.

Placing:
1st - Dark Adriel
2nd - Jim Morrison
3rd - Boo Two
4th - Duelz DoOmEst
5th - Chilly Willy
6th - Coonga Del Ray
7th - Chronic
8th - Midnight Lust

Sunday, April 9th at 3:00 PM CST
50 participants, entry fee of 100k per person

Updated 3/31/06 -
Alright, due to overwhelming demand, I've bumped the entry fee to 100k per person. The number of seats has not changed, it will be at a set maximum of 50 entrants. This means the grand total payout is now 5 million gold. First place gets 3 million, 2nd place gets 1 million, third place gets 500k, and then the next 5 places get their 100k back.

Registration will be on a first come first serve basis, and I will be opening registration in a few days. Entry fees are due on the day of the tournament. Upon payment you will be given the username and password to a custom account with a premade character to use in the tournament. The characters will be already placed in the arena, so creating a new character is prohibited. Each character will have 100k placed in their bank accounts.

DISCLAIMER
I understand that there is a bug that causes people to crash during poker games. Every player is subject to this potential bug. This being said, there will be NO return of the entry fee after the tournament has begun. At the start of the tournament, the 100k entrance fee is no longer yours. The only way to get it back is to place in the top 8. By registering for this tournament, you have agreed to these terms and accept the potential loss of your entry fee.

NEW ADDITIONAL DISCLAIMER
Those of you thinking you can enter the tournament on multiple characters should realize that every IP address will be checked on every account. If I find two or more of the same IP address logged onto two or more poker accounts, you will be immediately removed from the tournament with no entry fee refunded. Put otherwise, one Poker Entry per IP address will be allowed. By registering for the tournament, you agree to this additional disclaimer.

Ness

Wanderer
Re: Official Poker Tournament

ghuheelove said:
what about that role?

other player making all-in?
I'm not sure what you mean, but I'd like to answer your question if you can rephrase it.

Ness

Wanderer

Damn't said:
Um, much larger prize...
A much larger prize would require a much larger entrance fee. Though you might be willing to put up more, I doubt many would. I'd like to keep this open to a large number of players rather than just the wealthy. The reason I cannot just have 60 participants is because of the way I am going about setting up the tournament. To deter cheating, players will not be participating on their own accounts. For this reason, I will be setting up everything manually. If there is a large enough demand, however, I would be moreso willing to do the extra work.

Andre

Wanderer

unrequited love said:
Make the cost to get in bigger and make a few more spots availiable.

I agree with unrequited. Make the fee higher, add more spots, and a bigger Prize =)

My question is how are you going to choose who plays cuz i am sure that there will be much more then 30 ppl wanting to join in this??

Ness said:
Hello everyone, Ness here. I'm planning a supervised Texas Hold'em poker tournament to be held some time in the next month. Much of the detail behind it is still being worked out and tested, but I am certain I will be able to pull it off. My question to you is this:
Would you be interested in a scheduled, staff controlled Poker Tournament?

This would require an entry fee and a set amount of seats available for the first tournament. My current thoughts for an entry fee is 50k, with 30 seats available. The winner gets 1 mil, the runner up, 400k, 3rd place 100k.

So what do you all think, shall I prepare the tournament?

You usually have good ideas you should just go with your instincts.

Ness

Wanderer

Looks like I'll be holding the tournament. I'll hopefully get the details worked out this week.

My main goal for this first tournament is to get it done, to make it work. Once I accomplish this, and thus prove that the tournaments are possible, I'll begin having various types of tournaments. There will be high roller tournaments with high entry fees and unlimited amounts of seats, there will also be low entry fee tournaments with a limited number of seats. I'll also have free tournaments with an item as prize, (For example, a Vanq Katana).

For this reason I want to keep this first tournament's entry fee low. I want to include everyone, not just the wealthy, in this first tournament. So therefore I will of course increase the number of seats, but I still believe 50k is a fair entrance fee.

Ness said:
Hello everyone, Ness here. I'm planning a supervised Texas Hold'em poker tournament to be held some time in the next month. Much of the detail behind it is still being worked out and tested, but I am certain I will be able to pull it off. My question to you is this:
Would you be interested in a scheduled, staff controlled Poker Tournament?

This would require an entry fee and a set amount of seats available for the first tournament. My current thoughts for an entry fee is 50k, with 30 seats available. The winner gets 1 mil, the runner up, 400k, 3rd place 100k.

So what do you all think, shall I prepare the tournament?

the 30 seats would totally eliminate the cards it would have to be atleast a max of 21 seats. 30x2=60 which there isn't even 60 in a deck, therefore everyone would not get cards or there would be duplicates out there of the same cards. My suggest is 21 which is 42 cars out there in peoples hands in which if you watch the WPT on tv the flop theirs 3 cards + 3 cards that are discarded which happens on the turn and river also and comes to a total of 10 cards. 42+10 = 52 (a total complete deck.)

to simplify: 21 players is the max.

Afro Man

Wanderer

Sirjek said:
the 30 seats would totally eliminate the cards it would have to be atleast a max of 21 seats. 30x2=60 which there isn't even 60 in a deck, therefore everyone would not get cards or there would be duplicates out there of the same cards. My suggest is 21 which is 42 cars out there in peoples hands in which if you watch the WPT on tv the flop theirs 3 cards + 3 cards that are discarded which happens on the turn and river also and comes to a total of 10 cards. 42+10 = 52 (a total complete deck.)

to simplify: 21 players is the max.
Or there could be a set amount of different tables and a winner goes on type of thing.... lol i dont think everyone would be playing at one table rofl.

Ness

Wanderer

Afro Man said:
Or there could be a set amount of different tables and a winner goes on type of thing.... lol i dont think everyone would be playing at one table rofl.
QFT. I was planning on having 5 tables of 6 players, then when players start dropping out I begin combining tables. In addition to this, the coding doesn't allow for 60 players at one table.

Ness said:
QFT. I was planning on having 5 tables of 6 players, then when players start dropping out I begin combining tables. In addition to this, the coding doesn't allow for 60 players at one table.

Double amount of players in tourny and it will be a great event. Think about how many people will want to do this with only a 50k buy in.

Ness

Wanderer

I have increased the number of seats to 50. The total prize will therefore be 2.5 million gold which means 1.5 mil for 1st place, 750k for 2nd, and 250k for 3rd. In addition, there will be 2 tables of 9 and 4 tables of 8.

Status
Not open for further replies.