UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Official Poker Tournament

Should I organize a Texas Hold'em Poker Tournament?

• Yes

Votes: 225 94.5%
  • No

Votes: 8 3.4%
  • Maybe, but only if... (Post the rest of this sentence.)

Votes: 5 2.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jagpanzer

Wanderer
Re: Official Poker Tournament

Sounds good, except if you're going to have that many people, I think you should spread the prize money around a little more. Have the top 3 seats pay out the best, but give the top ~10 or so at least their buy-in money back.

Ness said:
Hello everyone, Ness here. I'm planning a supervised Texas Hold'em poker tournament to be held some time in the next month. Much of the detail behind it is still being worked out and tested, but I am certain I will be able to pull it off. My question to you is this:
Would you be interested in a scheduled, staff controlled Poker Tournament?

This would require an entry fee and a set amount of seats available for the first tournament. My current thoughts for an entry fee is 50k, with 30 seats available. The winner gets 1 mil, the runner up, 400k, 3rd place 100k.

So what do you all think, shall I prepare the tournament?

I voted no, but i changed my mind. I'd be down if it was like a 250k-million buy in so that the pot would be large. 1 million gold doesn't really go that far on this shard anymore.

booradley82

Wanderer

I say open as many seats as possible with a buy in of like 50k since you can purchase gold on this shard. Make the first prize 70percent of the total prize pool with a l337 gold bracelet or ethereal. Something other that some lame colored weapon or piece of clothing. Maybe a bracelet named 2006 Hybrid Poker Champion with like +20 AR.

Afro Man

Wanderer

Br02ad said:
I say open as many seats as possible with a buy in of like 50k since you can purchase gold on this shard. Make the first prize 70percent of the total prize pool with a l337 gold bracelet or ethereal. Something other that some lame colored weapon or piece of clothing. Maybe a bracelet named 2006 Hybrid Poker Champion with like +20 AR.
eww no. I have a suggestion.. get everyone who is willing to sign up e-mail their names in and then at first try and get a large number of people, 80-100 maybe. You can have an all day long elimination tourney and eventually there will be a final table. At the final table you could have let's say 8 players all 8 players get a cash prize of some kind for making it there but 1st place gets the grand prize and named the champion (no+20 AR lol)

booradley82

Wanderer

Afro Man said:
eww no. I have a suggestion.. get everyone who is willing to sign up e-mail their names in and then at first try and get a large number of people, 80-100 maybe. You can have an all day long elimination tourney and eventually there will be a final table. At the final table you could have let's say 8 players all 8 players get a cash prize of some kind for making it there but 1st place gets the grand prize and named the champion (no+20 AR lol)

I'm just saying something a little more than a colored weapon or Doublet with some custom saying like everyone else has...The bracelet saying 2006 Hybrid Poker Champ would suffice. Just like the World Series of Poker bracelet. Just something worth the time of playing all day long and is worth our while. I've seen some pretty outlandish items givin out as prizes for these PVP tourneys which take like an hour and I know a poker tourney would take alot longer than that willing everyone is playing their best and not being stupid

Afro Man

Wanderer

Br02ad said:
I'm just saying something a little more than a colored weapon or Doublet with some custom saying like everyone else has...The bracelet saying 2006 Hybrid Poker Champ would suffice. Just like the World Series of Poker bracelet. Just something worth the time of playing all day long and is worth our while. I've seen some pretty outlandish items givin out as prizes for these PVP tourneys which take like an hour and I know a poker tourney would take alot longer than that willing everyone is playing their best and not being stupid
Yeah I'm all for a braclet the thing that got me off was the +20 AR lol. Yeah, as long as there is no "1337 poker player" weapons i'd be fine with the prizes. But i think there should just maybe be a memorial or something where a replica of the winner stays, and every time there is a new champion it changes, just an idea lol.

Ness

Wanderer

I have little to no interest in handing out a unique rare item for this tournament. ;-) Again, this is the first tournament, and it is a test run. While this is a brand new and exciting event, it is not meant to be a huge celebration in which I give everyone a shiny new toy. This is a chance to just have fun playing poker, to socialize with a group of players in a relaxed atmosphere, and to perhaps win some gold at the end. Moreso, this is a chance to help me test out what may become a great event to be had biweekly. If you're expecting something different, then perhaps this tournament isn't for you.

The number of players needs to be low, because I have to manipulate and distribute the accounts players will be playing on myself. 50 players alone will take me 3 hours to set up. As much as I want to include every person, I simply can't. I've started a new poll to find out just how much everyone is willing to spend on this tournament, and I will modify the entry fee based on the results.

Thank you so incredibly much for your comments and suggestions in helping me set this up. I really hope I can provide everyone with a great, enjoyable event.

~Ness

ness did i give you that idea? lol i think that it would be awesome but you need to hold it on a sat or sunday (preferably sunday afternoon since thats a very low volume day of activity for most people). The braclet is a good idea, however for the test run i think your prizes will suffice.. are you goig to make a custom scipt, because i think i speak for all the poker players here, the booting really f's up your game.. get booted with trip aces over a 2 pair and there all in really gets your panties in a bunch.. My sugjestion, fix the booting, then have the tourney.. other then that i think everything looks great...

Bloodstone

Wanderer

This sounds awesome, do you have a date or time set yet? Or any Idea who will be selected to join, or how we can get on some kind of list? You dont have to give me a detailed response if your busy figuring stuff out, or if the things Im askin have been asked of you 2 billion times today already, as obviously this is an event that caught alot of attention Im sure. A simple "No" to my entire post will keep me off yer back till I see another post about this.

Ness

Wanderer

Bloodstone said:
This sounds awesome, do you have a date or time set yet? Or any Idea who will be selected to join, or how we can get on some kind of list? You dont have to give me a detailed response if your busy figuring stuff out, or if the things Im askin have been asked of you 2 billion times today already, as obviously this is an event that caught alot of attention Im sure. A simple "No" to my entire post will keep me off yer back till I see another post about this.
*grins* No.

Ness

Wanderer

Moved to the Events forum. The buyin has now been set to 100k, the number of seats is still 50.

Zipo39

Wanderer

I think that once you get the poker system workign to where you can hold more poker events you should do the bracelet idea. It would be really cool to have people compare who is the best with bracelets like on the world series of poker. As for the tourny in a few days, how does one register for it? just post on here..? or is there an entrantries b4 the tourny is scheduled to happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.