UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Proposed changes to housing ruleset:

Do you like these proposed changes to housing?

• Yes

Votes: 63 38.0%
  • No

Votes: 103 62.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan

UOGamers Founder
Staff member
Re: Proposed changes to housing ruleset:

el_hefe said:
Well I just proposed almost the same thing that you are except it's for the blues. You disagreed with it because it seemed wrong and they didn't do anything. A guy earlier stated that he was red because it is his role. You are making the assumption that all reds use their house to househide and PK people all day every day.

No - I'm absolutely not.

You're making me chuckle though.

Roleplayers are always stuck with that choice when they roleplay an 'evil'.

As for the assumption thing... you're way off base.

el_hefe

Wanderer

This is to PROMOTE field fighting and stop house hiding.

Why are you trying to get rid of something that has been in the game for years? Someone thought up a good way to keep people out and get the upper hand and now its being removed. If someone is willing to chase someone to their house and attempt to kill them while in the house then they deserve to be banned. If the other party wanted to be smart they would pull the person out of the house and set up a nice little gank or something.

Stides40oz

Knight

Ryan said:
This has nothing to do with "PK's".

The way you have it actually promotes house ganking.. Houses will not be a safe haven but a place people will wait to gank people.

You got the right idea in mind but I think you need to think of how people will abuse this if it gets implemented. I mean your restocking after a fight then a guild of people you are waring with do random gates to enemys houses. Houses will be were groups of factioners search lone people for easy points.

Its a great idea but if you dont start the fight then a house should be a safe haven.

Ryan

UOGamers Founder
Staff member

el_hefe said:
Why are you trying to get rid of something that has been in the game for years? Someone thought up a good way to keep people out and get the upper hand and now its being removed. If someone is willing to chase someone to their house and attempt to kill them while in the house then they deserve to be banned. If the other party wanted to be smart they would pull the person out of the house and set up a nice little gank or something.

So you're last argument is 'it's been that way for years'?

Just because its 'been that way for years' doesnt make it right.

el_hefe

Wanderer

you're way off base.

It just seems as if you are trying to change the game for people that complain about others that househide. What if you attack one person and then 5 of their buddies come out and decide to attack you. How is that fair? You can't change one unfair aspect of the game and leave others open. The point is that the game is "unfair" in certain aspects. You can't change them all without ruining the game.

LiquifiedArt

Wanderer

Ryan said:
This has nothing to do with "PK's".

Understood... Can you explain why my way is worse then yours...?
I think the "Combative" idea is great for "Combatants" not for everyone...
Ryan what are your feelings on this??

Sigler

Sorceror

Hmmmmm... I tend to stay away of places where people use to house hide.. aka britian moongate.. I guess I gotta get out more LOL

el_hefe

Wanderer

No, that is not my full argument. But I did add that in there. Just because others complain about it not being fair doesn't make it wrong.

Monoxide

Sorceror

Stides said:
The way you have it actually promotes house ganking.. Houses will not be a safe haven but a place people will wait to gank people.

You got the right idea in mind but I think you need to think of how people will abuse this if it gets implemented. I mean your restocking after a fight then a guild of people you are waring with do random gates to enemys houses. Houses will be were groups of factioners search lone people for easy points.

Its a great idea but if you dont start the fight then a house should be a safe haven.
Lock doors and put up barriers. Although it would suck coming to your house to see that it's full of enemy players.

Stides40oz

Knight

el_hefe said:
Monoxide that is exactly what is going to happen though.
I know if this goes through im gona buy about 10 runebooks and start marking everyones house that starts shit with me to roll by with my guild when we're bored :) So atleast it would bring some fun but would then probably happen to me and piss me the fuck off

make it so house sitters suffer stat loss...problem isnt house hiders its house sitters people who just sit all day and keepa person pinned at a house. Why do you think people house hide? Its because of ganks.

el_hefe

Wanderer

Yeah it gets rid of househiding that everyone claims is so wrong and promotes house ganking and killing people inside the house.

LiquifiedArt

Wanderer

plague_spores-hybrid said:
make it so house sitters suffer stat loss...problem isnt house hiders its house sitters people who just sit all day and keepa person pinned at a house. Why do you think people house hide? Its because of ganks.

umm...gotta say i definetly dont agree with anything that deals with stat loss.. you are dealing with time people spent to gm a skills and taht shouldnt be touched..Thats something that drove me and alot of others away from osi servers.

el_hefe

Wanderer

Why do you think people house hide? Its because of ganks.

Yup. Thats the only time that I ever use it is when I'm getting ganked. Now they can just run up in there and blast me away while I can't ban them. It's supposed to be unfair to househide but it's okay to gank someone, especially while it's in their own house? I don't think so. This is a plot for people that complain. It's not bettering the shard in any way.

Ryan

UOGamers Founder
Staff member

I'm going to go take a piss.

I love how we start some chat with the players about an idea and there's like 80 posts of garbage and 2 or 3 that have real constructive feedback.

When I get back I'm going to post something else we considered.

el_hefe

Wanderer

No need to get mad that people disagree with the changes you want to put in. I remember in vent one day that someone named Ryan told me the reason that they are not making a UO: Renaissance shard because the PvP on this shard is the exact same thing as Renaissance. This proposition sure is venturing far from the type of PvP you claimed the shard is.

Ryan

UOGamers Founder
Staff member

el_hefe said:
No need to get mad that people disagree with the changes you want to put in. I remember in vent one day that someone named Ryan told me the reason that they are not making a UO: Renaissance shard because the PvP on this shard is the exact same thing as Renaissance. This proposition sure is venturing far from the type of PvP you claimed the shard is.

good lord...

I am not mad.

I just stated my opinion.

If I'm mad I will tell you I'm mad.

el_hefe

Wanderer

But you are quick to claim that what we are posting is garbage. our opinions are not garbage. It seems like you don't want to acknowledge our posts simply because they disagree.

Status
Not open for further replies.