UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Sallos v Razor

Whats better Sallos or Razor

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lb3stx

Sorceror
Re: Sallos v Razor

I have a 3.16ghz core2 duo, 4 gb of ram and a 512mb geforce 9800 on XP pro and sallos freezes for .5 to 1 second every 3 seconds so I can't use it. If I could figure that out I'd much rather use sallos.

drasked

Sorceror

lb3stx;1821311 said:
I have a 3.16ghz core2 duo, 4 gb of ram and a 512mb geforce 9800 on XP pro and sallos freezes for .5 to 1 second every 3 seconds so I can't use it. If I could figure that out I'd much rather use sallos.

Try putting the terrain detail to low and the AA to none, and fool around with the rough/smooth setting, did the trick for me.

Sammich

Wanderer

lb3stx;1821311 said:

maybe krrios just hates your video card, try fooling around with the grapics settings like the above poster said, I have everything off, sporting lock step just because I like how smooth it looks.

Razor is winning because of two reasons, #1 - some of the people voting don't have a good enough PC to run Sallos and #2 - are too lazy/stupid to try to get it working.

But like some have said, PlayUO is by far superior.

drasked

Sorceror

How do people use diffrent hotkey layouts in sallos?
Also i heard some people say to use a minor wand (magic arrow, etc) to un para yourself, but i find this method extremely slow with razor as with sallos, am i doing it wrong?
And is there a hotkey in sallos to turn hotkeys off if you want to chat?

lb3stx

Sorceror

Sammich;1821422 said:
maybe krrios just hates your video card, try fooling around with the grapics settings like the above poster said, I have everything off, sporting lock step just because I like how smooth it looks.

I got it working thanks to your advice. I also had issues with sallos always prompting me to browse for the client directory. Here's what I did to fix it in case anyone else needs a resolution:

Copy the information between the lines and paste it into notpad. Save it as sallosclientdirfix.reg. Then just doubleclick the reg file to enter it into the registry. Do not copy the lines, just the stuff between the lines. Make sure to edit the paths to your uo client dir before saving the file. The double backslashes are not a typo or formatting error. Make sure you use double backslashes if you have to change the paths for your setup.

----------------------do not copy this line----copy text below-------------------
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Origin Worlds Online\Ultima Online\1.0]
"ExePath"="C:\\Program Files\\EA Games\\Ultima Online 2D Client\\client.exe"
"InstCDPath"="C:\\Program Files\\EA Games\\Ultima Online 2D Client"
"PatchExePath"="C:\\Program Files\\EA Games\\Ultima Online 2D Client\\UOPatch.exe"
-----------do not copy this line-----copy text above-----------------------------

Stides40oz

Knight

sallos is better if ur bad and razor is better if ur good

only thing sallos has is easier bar management, better heal blocks, better pot use (smart pot), easier wand macros just basically things to help make bad people good. The only thing sallos can do that razor cant is that cut off shit with the map which is a pretty cool feature but again if youre quick on double clicking ur rune book in razor and know the pages of ur runes it wont be that much slower.

If youre good and can pull bars in razor and know how to time a cure pot you razor is far superior. The clients running speed seems to be about 10%-15% faster then sallos. The speed of movement make razor better just for that reason alone.

But if youre bad sallos does help with things that usually require skill.

Sammich

Wanderer

Stides;1826026 said:

only thing sallos has is easier bar management, better heal blocks, better pot use (smart pot), easier wand macros just basically things to help make bad people good. The only thing sallos can do that razor cant is that cut off shit with the map which is a pretty cool feature but again if youre quick on double clicking ur rune book in razor and know the pages of ur runes it wont be that much slower.

If youre good and can pull bars in razor and know how to time a cure pot you razor is far superior. The clients running speed seems to be about 10%-15% faster then sallos. The speed of movement make razor better just for that reason alone.

What if I hate how the screen shakes when you run on razor?

jorn

Sorceror

Stides;1826026 said:

I use razor, seems to be a longer delay for the spell to hit when clicking party bars with heal in razor. Could be my shitt comp. Idk.

popol

Sorceror

salllos for field,quick recall ,more status bar you can set a target if the guy are not in the screen ,dont need to make a new resmount macro each time you get your pet lured,wand hotkey . sallos>rasor for field pvp