UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Shard Updates 30 August 2014

Vizeroth

Sorceror
The topend damage was cut back, this is not a nerf. A nerf would be making LE do 1 E do 2 and GE do 3 damage. That's a nerf.

The damage by cost of acquisition is linear now, as is the damage by potion level etc... I could go on and on, you may not like it but it is a fact.

Bitching about it is not going to make a change... as for duels... I'm more concerned about the players in the field than the ones who sit in a duel pit and pretend to be pvpers... and while you may not like that attitude it's just the way I feel. I don't know why duel pits are so enticing to someone's ePeen.

In addition we do need to wipe the duel ladder while I am thinking about it.
To weaken something -- which is exactly what was done to explosion potions -- is to nerf it. Why not just be honest about it?

Incidentally, this weakens dexxers more than it weakens mages, as potions are more of a damage source for the former than the latter. Was this kept in mind when making this change?

Ryan

UOGamers Founder
Staff member
To weaken something -- which is exactly what was done to explosion potions -- is to nerf it. Why not just be honest about it?

Incidentally, this weakens dexxers more than it weakens mages, as potions are more of a damage source for the former than the latter. Was this kept in mind when making this change?

Nerfing, as I said would be making potions completely useless.

As for dexxers - I do respect your opinion, you're one of the better dexxers I've run into, that said I don't feel this change has negatively impacted anyone... I've been watching and playing all night on my dexxer and it's working fine. I've also been killed just the same as always by a pot kicking mage/dexxer.

Anti.Christ

Sorceror
all these dudes crying about their poor lil alchy stuns... lolol cant u be happy with 19-25? that is 1/5-1/4 of some ones life. why do u need anything more than that? thats pathetic and beyond me.

even the best alchy stuns say it was a crutch and quite op.

| Destroyer |

Sorceror
Nerfing, as I said would be making potions completely useless.

As for dexxers - I do respect your opinion, you're one of the better dexxers I've run into, that said I don't feel this change has negatively impacted anyone... I've been watching and playing all night on my dexxer and it's working fine. I've also been killed just the same as always by a pot kicking mage/dexxer.
I disagree with two little parts of this, my beautiful friend, Ryan. :) I am the ONLY pot kicker on the shard anymore...so...yeah...nobody potkicked to kill you - they may have THROWN pots but no kicking was done. <3 - Also nerfing DOES refer to lowering a skill or attack from its already known/accepted current position.

By the way, it's "Me" the guy who ran around with you testing your archery stuff out. I like the changes - just not the pot dmg lower. However, I respect what you're doing and appreciate the changes rolling out to say the least.

Keep up the good work!

Last edited:

| Destroyer |

Sorceror
In addition we do need to wipe the duel ladder while I am thinking about it.
Okay...one last post...This right here, Ryan - is a large reason why people begin to leave the shard. Those ladders have been there since I quit a long time ago and came back...it has EPIC PEOPLE on it that we can all remember from the "good ol' days" and retaliating against people like myself who ENJOY pit duels due to their fairness and ability to prove whether you're better than someone or not without worrying about off-screen b.s. and wands, is rude...

I have been on test and will continue to help with development in any way, shape, or form...but this is a rude jab. There is no need to attack people just because they disagree with the changes you're making. I disagree with the pot nerf, however I'm not going to bitch about it - I'm going to play and find a way to work with it. If in the end there is no viable way to continue to rock bitches like I do, then I will likely adapt by using a new template, or leave. It's that simple. There is no need to stoop to childish levels and asserting your power over your playerbase.

Thank you again for the changes, and I look forward to the rest that are enroute. I just hope that you can understand that your dislike of duels is another's dislike of fielding.

Thanks,

Okay...one last post...This right here, Ryan - is a large reason why people begin to leave the shard. Those ladders have been there since I quit a long time ago and came back...it has EPIC PEOPLE on it that we can all remember from the "good ol' days" and retaliating against people like myself who ENJOY pit duels due to their fairness and ability to prove whether you're better than someone or not without worrying about off-screen b.s. and wands, is rude...

I have been on test and will continue to help with development in any way, shape, or form...but this is a rude jab. There is no need to attack people just because they disagree with the changes you're making. I disagree with the pot nerf, however I'm not going to bitch about it - I'm going to play and find a way to work with it. If in the end there is no viable way to continue to rock bitches like I do, then I will likely adapt by using a new template, or leave. It's that simple. There is no need to stoop to childish levels and asserting your power over your playerbase.

Thank you again for the changes, and I look forward to the rest that are enroute. I just hope that you can understand that your dislike of duels is another's dislike of fielding.

Thanks,
To be honest I think that statement was a round about way to get me to shut up. And in all fairness, the leaderboards have been wiped already and a lot of the oldschool players that were on there are no longer there.

The pits/field debate will never end. I like both but enjoy pits more because it's even and theres no looting involved and you can rock out quite a few.

As far as the leaderboard wipe, I'm down for it as long as it's some how rewarded for top players/participation, not just some random wipe to upset players.

| Destroyer |

Sorceror
That's what I was getting at...the leaderboard wipe seemed to be a purposeful jab against duelists. I disliked it, that's all I was saying. I LOVE fielding and do every single day...However, I love dueling as well...and the nerf WILL have an ill-effect on my performance. However, I'll adapt.

People with fragile egos farm duel rank enough as is. There's no reason to give them tangible rewards on top of the ones in their heads.
We stop them from farming event league points. Believe me, at the end of the month we will know who the top players are. By then, the farmers will get called out on and should be eliminated from prizes.

Last edited:

Anti.Christ

Sorceror
names? Like I said, a good alchy stun can still mop the floor with people lower skill then them. The problem comes at top end play when duels start lasting forever because they require somebody to be out of stock or landing a glorious triple stun.
right off the top of my head tet has posted this on forums. do a simple search of him.

Ryan

UOGamers Founder
Staff member
What I need to do is start taking the time to slow down and completely explain things when I type them. The duel ladder thing was not any kind of jab at anyone... the insinuation that it was is childish.

What I really mean is that I want to change the way duel ladders work... as an example, Alkiser has suggested in dev discussions that we do 'seasons'. So quarterly if you will wipes of the ladder, top players get a reward and then we publish the duel ladder data to the website forever. Offering views as to who was where for "Fall 2014" etc.. I like the idea of doing something along these lines.

You guys really have to stop taking the things I type so personally. None of this is personal and more importantly NOTHING IS PERMANENT. We can change things one way or the other at any point.... but just because the knee jerk reaction is bad doesnt mean we're going to go back right now. You need to let this all sink in before bitching.

Anti.Christ

Sorceror
names? Like I said, a good alchy stun can still mop the floor with people lower skill then them. The problem comes at top end play when duels start lasting forever because they require somebody to be out of stock or landing a glorious triple stun.

http://www.uogamers.com/community/index.php?threads/555766/page-2#post-4068579

theres more, but honestly i dont care if u beleive me or not i have nothing to lie about.... Im certainly not going to go look up logs or sit here and think of individuals for you.

Last edited:

Pepsi_Rox

Knight
Everyones crying about how alchy stuns will suck now. If you played when the server first started no one needed to carry a keg of pots and 100 wands to be decent. I wish things would go back to like they were way back then.
ffs finally

good work Ryan and Alkiser. Sorry, I haven't had time to commit to the test center. I'll log some hours on it this week, promise!

I find a great bit of humor in Alki making alchy changes.

| Destroyer |

Sorceror
What I need to do is start taking the time to slow down and completely explain things when I type them. The duel ladder thing was not any kind of jab at anyone... the insinuation that it was is childish.

What I really mean is that I want to change the way duel ladders work... as an example, Alkiser has suggested in dev discussions that we do 'seasons'. So quarterly if you will wipes of the ladder, top players get a reward and then we publish the duel ladder data to the website forever. Offering views as to who was where for "Fall 2014" etc.. I like the idea of doing something along these lines.

You guys really have to stop taking the things I type so personally. None of this is personal and more importantly NOTHING IS PERMANENT. We can change things one way or the other at any point.... but just because the knee jerk reaction is bad doesnt mean we're going to go back right now. You need to let this all sink in before bitching.

Okay, if it wasn't a jab at duelists then I am sorry for reading it as such. The seasons idea would be great, and I would love for that to be implemented. Please post times for which you would like testing done for this on the test center, and I'll make a strong effort to help out.

I wasn't taking what you said personally, I was merely reading it as a response to what one person said considering the tone you set in your previous responses towards him. Nothing was meant by it, it was just the way it sounded and was portrayed.

Nonetheless, I will be on tonight to test out the new pot dmg in duels, and will gladly post vids and my findings of whether it truly has a large enough effect for me to change templates. I highly doubt the little 5dmg difference will cause me to change templates, either way.