UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Soloing Spawns on a Sampire - A Definitive Guide by Feersum Endjinn

Hehe ... sure it decreases the chance, BUT only if someone really tries to steal something randomly

The Chance of stealing something randomly would be around 10% or less (if carry around 10items or more)
And tbh, how many thieves will try to steal a random item?

I prefer to carry a ton of junk PSs and lots of small piles of reagents. Makes it harder for a thief to steal from you, more time consuming for anyone to loot your corpse and less likely you get completely screwed by a random rummager... :p

FE

Barnicoat

Knight
Thoughts on mounts?

I've been using a swamp dragon with exp. armour for the slightly decreased damage, but I noticed you (FE), don't use one.

It's true that half the time the armour gets destroyed halfway through the spawn, so that when you actually NEED less damage, it's not there. Then when you DO die on T4, you have to walk nice and slow to the other side of the spawn to get ressed with your mount following painfully slowly behind.

So I started wondering if all that effort was really worth it?

Barnicoat

Knight
Hey, another thing. I was playing around at Valor earlier, it wsa Semidar. It got to T4, but I don't seem to be doing any damage to succubus???? Do demon slayers not work on them?

Thoughts on mounts?

I've been using a swamp dragon with exp. armour for the slightly decreased damage, but I noticed you (FE), don't use one.

It's true that half the time the armour gets destroyed halfway through the spawn, so that when you actually NEED less damage, it's not there. Then when you DO die on T4, you have to walk nice and slow to the other side of the spawn to get ressed with your mount following painfully slowly behind.

I don't think it is - for exactly the reasons you describe. It used to be that there were various spawns where you could almost guarantee not to die ever, but after the various nerfs affecting the temp and the addition of Necro AI that is no longer true: even the Neira spawn can kill you if you lose concentration and get hit by a couple of BOs at an inconvenient moment...

Having said that - there would be nothing wrong with using a Swampie until you die once - and then just swapping over to an Ethy.

Hey, another thing. I was playing around at Valor earlier, it wsa Semidar. It got to T4, but I don't seem to be doing any damage to succubus???? Do demon slayers not work on them?
Demon Slayers do work on Succs. You should be doing around 40 damage without and 70+ with.

Don't forget to EoO them - it makes a big difference (and the Daemons are pretty much inoffensive anyway).

FE

Barnicoat

Knight
Good idea. Might take the ethy with me next time :)

Ok, I will try with EoO next time and see what I'm hitting. Thanks

Man they take your stamina down though! What exactly is the cause of that? Is it simply them leeching it?

Cerxis

Traveler
Their Aura is just leeching HP (10-40 damage)
And if you are at 100 hp / 100 stam and got hitten for 40 dmg your hp will go down to 60 and your stamina too
As a sampire u leech your lost hp back, but u dont leech your stamina back

Your stam is as low as your hp went down

so i guess thats the reason of beeing low on stam.

Barnicoat

Knight
Oh, I didn't realise stamina was connected to hp like that. Well that actually makes it a little easier. Thanks.

Cerxis

Traveler
not sure if its exactly connected like that
but if u got damaged and lose hp, u also lose stamina

Barnicoat

Knight
Ok, I'll do some research :p

All I can find about it is really vague.. "you lose stamina when you take damage"

Oh well, good to know anyway, ty.

Bama

Bug Huntress
Then when you DO die on T4, you have to walk nice and slow to the other side of the spawn to get ressed with your mount following painfully slowly behind.

You die
You log out quickly
Your pet auto stables (as long as it is not a pack animal carrying inventory) dead or alive (alive if you log out quickly)
You log in
You go rez
You log out
You log back in
Pet comes back to you (at full loyalty (shhh thats a bug) even if it was about to go wild)
Mount
Carry on
If this doesn't work on demise you may want to ask why because it's how it is on osi

MB

Knight
You have to fully logout for the pet to come to you on Demise. Inn, house, 10 min timeout, etc.

drexil123

Sorceror
where/what is the best spawn to do that isn't baracoon?
im at
100 Swords
110 Parry
100 Tactics
100 Bushido
70.2Chiv
99 Necro
100Resist Spells
my gear is looking like this

Brightsight lenses
Soulseeker
jewels at 17 hci +3poison resist
nothing special about my armor,
I have 0 gold in my account, so getting big boy armor is out of the question for now :(

KarmannMarco

Sorceror
where/what is the best spawn to do that isn't baracoon?
im at
100 Swords
110 Parry
100 Tactics
100 Bushido
70.2Chiv
99 Necro
100Resist Spells
my gear is looking like this

Brightsight lenses
Soulseeker
jewels at 17 hci +3poison resist
nothing special about my armor,
I have 0 gold in my account, so getting big boy armor is out of the question for now :(

I would suggest getting together with a couple of buddies and hitting up something in T2A.

No matter how talented you are you wont be able to solo a spawn with that suit. You will need 45 HCI , LMC in the 20s+ and the resists need to be much closer to the 60s. Also with 100 swords you will miss alot the further you advance in the spawn. I like the enthusiasm though.
If i get some time to play this weekend , ill give you a 110 swords scroll (115 if i have it) , some good LMC/good resist armor and maybe some decent jewelry. If you want to :)

drexil123

Sorceror
I have no ultima friends lol........ thank you for the offer that would be great.
I tried for weeks to get someone to do spawns with me andpeople were all just like "HA. You are going to get raided

KarmannMarco

Sorceror
Aside the abundant arrogance and immaturity you will find among many demise players.... it is true you will get raided often. Don't despair though , as you can see from this thread there are plenty of spawners / guilds many of which will not mind you tagging along. I've had the best luck in spawns out in the middle of T2A (the lost lands) personally. I also like doing Rikkor though it gets raided almost as much as Coon.

TomiDCat

Sorceror
I have a question about the stamina needed to keep swinging at 1.5. In this post it says you need 163 stamina minimum but is that assuming a certain amount of swing speed on your axe?

Barnicoat

Knight
Basically, the 163 stamina is to ensure you stay above 150 stamina even when cursed by mobs in the later tiers of a champ spawn, as every 30 points of stam = .25 sec swing speed. If you drop to 149, you swing .25 secs slower than 150 stamina.

You can take a look here:

http://www.uoguide.com/Swing_Speed

Using the little calculator thing, it shows that stamina for 150-179 and 15% swing speed increase will give you a swing speed of 1.5 seconds.

That's why axes without SSI can still be quite good. Some people won't buy them without SSI, but it really just requires a slight tactics change. If you can keep divine fury up, you usually onlu lose .25 secs on an axe without SSI.

The bonus of having maxed swing speed of 30%, is that you can have stamina between 120 and 149 and still swing at 1.5 secs.