UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Some Major Changes!

Ozzy

Sorceror
Re: Some Major Changes!

plague_spores;1749642 said:
No no no and more of no....

We have tried the whole other map thing. We have tried having guilds isolated. We are doing what we know will work. The best thing that has ever worked for rp on hybrid was tenebrae and tenebrae II. Therefore what we are doing with the islands is more than likely going to work because it is more closely related to the Tenebraes than anything else.

Your ideals of hybrid are completely off and for the most part baseless.

*giggles* Thats one way to put it ^^

Paul-hybrid

Wanderer

plague_spores;1749642 said:
No no no and more of no....

We have tried the whole other map thing. We have tried having guilds isolated. We are doing what we know will work. The best thing that has ever worked for rp on hybrid was tenebrae and tenebrae II. Therefore what we are doing with the islands is more than likely going to work because it is more closely related to the Tenebraes than anything else.

Your ideals of hybrid are completely off and for the most part baseless.

First off, there is absolutely no reason to be rude. Anyone is allowed to offer their opinions on things.

Secondly, you are wrong, and you missed the entire point of my suggestion. First off, let me say that I am almost 100% against a "roleplaying" area. I don't think Hybrid should really offer anything that is not a part of UO history. I have played dozens of games that have attempted to have roleplay areas, they never work. They are popular for the first little while, then they die off because people get bored.

My idea, is simply to get people who want to roleplay to make a commitment to playing in a certain area together. Also by having it isolated and requiring commitment to enter the area it could inspire new people to come and explore it. Limiting the amount of characters from an account that could transact with each other in the area would also encourage interaction.

If you find it necessary to disagree, try to do it a bit more civilly.

Ozzy

Sorceror

Paul-hybrid;1749658 said:
My idea, is simply to get people who want to roleplay to make a commitment to playing in a certain area together. Also by having it isolated and requiring commitment to enter the area it could inspire new people to come and explore it. Limiting the amount of characters from an account that could transact with each other in the area would also encourage interaction.

Now you have to explain, if you suggest this, why did you even suggest Malas in the first place, the point of the RP islands are to have a place where all RP guild can interact, and a piece of land the RPers can call their own, with or without outpost. The only real diffrence between the Malas suggestion and the RP islands is that non-rpers can reach the RP islands :/

Paul-hybrid

Wanderer

Ozzy;1749664 said:
Now you have to explain, if you suggest this, why did you even suggest Malas in the first place, the point of the RP islands are to have a place where all RP guild can interact, and a piece of land the RPers can call their own, with or without outpost. The only real diffrence between the Malas suggestion and the RP islands is that non-rpers can reach the RP islands :/

The original Malas suggestion was because it is already there and does not require the seers to construct it. They could populate it and use their energy rather than building islands towards creating content, like events. My second thought on using malas, is that it could be no recall, no gate. Meaning that once your character is in Malas, he is there for awhile. I think that if it were isolated, and interesting, it would encourage new players to come in to explore it. I realize they are big code changes, but if once a character was inside of an area he had to stay there for a certain amount of time, or maybe even complete some kind of quest in order to leave people might stick around for awhile.

I think it would also highly discourage griefers. If they only had one character in the area, they would have to depend on other players for things. In an isolated pool of characters a griefer will become well known quickly.

Ozzy

Sorceror

Paul-hybrid;1749678 said:
The original Malas suggestion was because it is already there and does not require the seers to construct it. They could populate it and use their energy rather than building islands towards creating content, like events. My second thought on using malas, is that it could be no recall, no gate. Meaning that once your character is in Malas, he is there for awhile. I think that if it were isolated, and interesting, it would encourage new players to come in to explore it. I realize they are big code changes, but if once a character was inside of an area he had to stay there for a certain amount of time, or maybe even complete some kind of quest in order to leave people might stick around for awhile.

I think it would also highly discourage griefers. If they only had one character in the area, they would have to depend on other players for things. In an isolated pool of characters a griefer will become well known quickly.

Hmm... I dunno... I just don't like the whole idea, especially not the one of keeping out the griefers... I mean they make it a little exciting from time to time. discouraging them would make the orc fort pretty damn dull..

Paul-hybrid

Wanderer

Ozzy;1749694 said:
Hmm... I dunno... I just don't like the whole idea, especially not the one of keeping out the griefers... I mean they make it a little exciting from time to time. discouraging them would make the orc fort pretty damn dull..

Its just a thought, it definitely needs more work.

You cannot recall or gate off of the island, the entire island is built of houses so is limbo so extreme griefers can be banned. Its a place where all rpers can go to interact...hybrid is not about history of uo else we would be playing with all kinds of lameness as the history shows such that happened on osi. This is the best option for hybrid, the malas idea was tried with imbus (no recall or gating) etc etc...

Paul-hybrid;1749678 said:

The islands for the most part are built, have you set foot on them yet? ;)

Engage

Wanderer

Paul-hybrid;1749658 said:
Anyone is allowed to offer their opinions on things.

Absolutely. I welcome all suggestions and criticisms especially when they are written in a constructive manner. :)

EDIT: I will be mostly unavailable until Saturday/Sunday my time due to a LOT of uni work that I need to get on top of. If you need to contact me do it via PM on these forums and I will get back to you as soon as I can.

Vek

Sorceror

The way I see its this entire conversation is pointless:

• There was a suggestion
  • The suggestion was appreciated but declined
  • The said suggestions had already been done before

What are we discussing here?
If its already been done and it failed what really is there to be arguing?

Arcanus Baja

Wanderer

i love how passionate all of the rpers are when it comes to ideas.
good ideas and bad imo.
i always wanted to try it out but have yet to find a guild that makes me think hey i want to join them.
so i was thinking i need to join one to get the feel for how the community works then i am going to jump and make my own.
sorry i am a total starwars nerd so i am going to make a sith guild and when it is all ready i will need someone to make a jedi guild. i already made a character for my main sith. totally sweet looking imo :)
oh and i dont know if this has been done before. and i made the guild already but it wont be active for quite a while. i just wanted to make sure no one took the name.
Ancient Sith Empire.

Ozzy

Sorceror

I'll actually pass on that star wars idea... Just don't seem very... UO like... *giggles*

Heya! I'mma toss in my dub shinies. I was there for the initial construction of and "breaking in" of the islands.

Remember, Engage... the Good vrs. Evil battles in the mines? That was pretty fun. I've been there recently and the whole setup is pretty nice.

However, there are some issues. For one, there's not much of a reason for orcs or anyone to go there.

1) When "greifers" come to the fort, most orcs get a kick outta killing em. And where do reds and other humans know for sure they can find us? Yew orc fort.

2) The RP islands don't hold our orcish village of personally owned houses. We couldn't just pack up and move out there.

3) New players have to find us to join. Everyone that's ever played UO knows where the Yew fort is.

4) What's the point of RP'ing on the islands when we can just RP in the Yew area. For a while, it was going good... then the YEW guild got stale and so did the orcs.

At initial construction, the idea of moving out there was tossed around but rejected. Mostly for the above reasons which boil down to the symbolism of the Yew orc fort and roleplayed orcs.

Vek

Sorceror

Idk Ozzy, if he has a decent story line to work with i think it would be an interesting RP. The only real issue is i don't know how he would really interact with the other RP guilds.

Ozzy

Sorceror

Emokid69;1751101 said:
Idk Ozzy, if he has a decent story line to work with i think it would be an interesting RP. The only real issue is i don't know how he would really interact with the other RP guilds.

I didn't say it wouldn't be a good rp idea, I just said I won't join because I like the lore of brittania, and I just don't see how to fit in Jedis in there.

Also Yog, the the orc fort on the islands can still be considered an orc outpost in enemy territory. And the RP islands are still a work in progress but I am sure Engage and the others will find a solution that will make everyone happy (love ur sig :eek:)

Sintoo

Sorceror

Arcanus Baja;1750937 said:
i love how passionate all of the rpers are when it comes to ideas.
good ideas and bad imo.
i always wanted to try it out but have yet to find a guild that makes me think hey i want to join them.
so i was thinking i need to join one to get the feel for how the community works then i am going to jump and make my own.
sorry i am a total starwars nerd so i am going to make a sith guild and when it is all ready i will need someone to make a jedi guild. i already made a character for my main sith. totally sweet looking imo :)
oh and i dont know if this has been done before. and i made the guild already but it wont be active for quite a while. i just wanted to make sure no one took the name.
Ancient Sith Empire.

I say go for it!
Neon weapons = lightsabers (Not certain if hybrid has neon coloured weapons?)
Magery = "The force"
Grab a robe and start killing Jedis

Wish you the best of luck with it.

Are you that guy that was going to start a jedi guild before as well
about a year ago?
Just out of curiousity.

a guardian;1751086 said:
Heya! I'mma toss in my dub shinies. I was there for the initial construction of and "breaking in" of the islands.

Remember, Engage... the Good vrs. Evil battles in the mines? That was pretty fun. I've been there recently and the whole setup is pretty nice.

That was not the initial construction of the islands, that was long after the construction of the islands. I was there with Grevlok a lot of times while he was working on it, giving him my opinion's and testing things for him.

a guardian;1751086 said:
1) When "greifers" come to the fort, most orcs get a kick outta killing em. And where do reds and other humans know for sure they can find us? Yew orc fort.

Why do reds and other humans go to the yew fort all the time... it is not like you say because everyone knows it. It is because you are actively there. Pvp travels around the shard with the playerbase. If you were on the good island on a regular basis (all the time) thats where the pvp would be against the orcs. Orc activity has fallen on hybrid and its just beginning to pick up. The whole time that orcs were not around guess what there was no one going to yew orc fort.

a guardian;1751086 said:
2) The RP islands don't hold our orcish village of personally owned houses. We couldn't just pack up and move out there.

Since when do orcs need a lot of buildings and items to rp and pvp? This is the newer bloodclan on hybrid...crap. The old bloodclan only had a few houses by the fort the clearing was all TcD owned. The bloodclan at the time did not need leet items regardless of the rest of the shard. They would kill npc take their armor and wep and guess what then kill people with krimps. I haven't seen bloodclan krimp well like they use to do for a long time.
How often do people see you guys and rp with you guys at all those houses in that ghost town...not much at all. Orc rp revolves around the fort. The island has the fort if it had orcs there it would be just as successful if not more.

a guardian;1751086 said:
3) New players have to find us to join. Everyone that's ever played UO knows where the Yew fort is.

The more people we have their and the more we make the island publicly known the more people will show up there. Most people dont know it exists and thats why you do not see a lot of people. If rp is active on the island non rpers will show up as well as new rpers, thats just how it always has worked and always will. We need to hold events, gate people to limbo room make it well known. Im sure in the short future staff would not be opposed to having gates opened that lead straight to the island.
a guardian;1751086 said:
4) What's the point of RP'ing on the islands when we can just RP in the Yew area. For a while, it was going good... then the YEW guild got stale and so did the orcs.

Because in Yew you are mainly rping with yourself and pking. On the island you will constantly be around other people who enjoy rp and running events. Bloodclan has always had such a close minded view of things...always such askew to reality. It is not the land that attracts people it is the rpers in numbers that are constant that attract people. Bloodclan needs to be careful because they are still on a rebound here on hybrid (spamming to get on a raid in irc randomly once awhile doesnt count) if BloodClan isnt careful another person might make a guild and move to the rp island and nab that fort and steal all of the members who want to rp orcs.
a guardian;1751086 said:
At initial construction, the idea of moving out there was tossed around but rejected. Mostly for the above reasons which boil down to the symbolism of the Yew orc fort and roleplayed orcs.

It boils down to eye candy nothing more. A false sense of power that an old school guild has even though it is not that old school guild anymore its a newb guild that has been falling in hardcore value ever since they started getting mass hand outs.

Heracles of TcD

***Engage the door to the stables pen does not open open anymore so no one can get into where all the animals are***