UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Some Major Changes!

Re: Some Major Changes!

Engage;1752066 said:
Tessa has finished the Savage area and it looks fantastic! Emokid you need to get in contact with me so I can transfer the plot to you, and also give you the gold from Ozzy so you can customise it.

More interesting spawns will definitely be added, the other stuff takes priority at the moment. Random events will be held there also.

As for all the comments about moving guilds like ORC to the islands, I never intended for them to move completely. This is a small fort/point of attack for the ORCs to use against other RP guilds and against the RP town. If you don't want to use it i'll just spawn it with orc NPCs and leave it be. :rolleyes:

Herc - The Doors were inserted into a plot by mistake, that will be fixed at some stage but takes low priority. Let me know about the plots!

I told you I would talk to you in detail about it later this week but this might give you a heads up. Lets see we already covered the non plotted area.....

The major thing is there are a couple of spots inside of town where the leave house takes you outside of town. I assume this is because the wall is sitting in the middle of a house and so you cant split the leave house spot.

All around the farm lands the leave house spot is all the way at the docks in front of the gate. This probably needs changed to not move the players so far.

Ill probably be checking the orc and savage areas for exploits sometime tomorrow.

Ozzy;1751992 said:
Add a little more interesting spawns and make the public aware of them, that will make it more attractive to people who might be looking for places to farm.. Pkers will go there to look for victims etc.

Thats an excellent idea, most people have been unsure of that idea when i propose it to them. If we do something like that we probably should keep the cannon activated.

Countessa

Knight

plague_spores;1752132 said:
I told you I would talk to you in detail about it later this week but this might give you a heads up. Lets see we already covered the non plotted area.....

The major thing is there are a couple of spots inside of town where the leave house takes you outside of town. I assume this is because the wall is sitting in the middle of a house and so you cant split the leave house spot.

All around the farm lands the leave house spot is all the way at the docks in front of the gate. This probably needs changed to not move the players so far.

Ill probably be checking the orc and savage areas for exploits sometime tomorrow.

The leave house locations are my fault. I goofed setting them and had to do a quick temporary fix. I'll correct it this week.

Arcanus Baja

Wanderer

In the SOK keep when i log out inside i pop back in the game outside of the walls. I am friended so shouldn't I log back in where I logged out at?
And also when I logged in today I was pushed all the way to Jhelom somehow. I was totally confused and had to run back one foot because im just a page :( totally dangerous lol. also with the whole land having underground plots there is no way to teleport on the island.

What is the plan to help out against griefers? If G&G wasn't so absolutely horrid at killing I would have been killed right inside of town. About 5 of them just came through looking for people to kill. I almost killed one but they came in town and healed him. I only lived because i ate an orange petal. :p

Countessa;1752169 said:
The leave house locations are my fault. I goofed setting them and had to do a quick temporary fix. I'll correct it this week.

Its all good, im just trying to do my part to help you guys out. I know you guys have a lot on your plate so any testing i can do for you guys Im glad to do. Keep up the great work!

Engage

Wanderer

Arcanus Baja;1752175 said:
And also when I logged in today I was pushed all the way to Jhelom somehow. I was totally confused and had to run back one foot because im just a page :( totally dangerous lol. also with the whole land having underground plots there is no way to teleport on the island.

Things like this will happen from time to time we will try to make it so it wont happen too frequently though.

As for the teleporting, that is just an unfortunate side effect, on the plus side it allows for more realistic defending of walls/houses etc as you cannot teleport over barricades :D

Arcanus Baja

Wanderer

oh trust me i am not upset with no teleporting. We are an anti mage guild so it is much fun for me when stupid people like the members of G&G try to tele instead of fight.

Arcanus Baja;1752269 said:
oh trust me i am not upset with no teleporting. We are an anti mage guild so it is much fun for me when stupid people like the members of G&G try to tele instead of fight.

I have many of rp tactics for against griefers from my past experiences, perhaps I will make a post on rpring to share my tactics with the community. Magery is definately not needed to fight off mass mages. Dexxers can do it easily with the right approach. Especially now using knowledge of the rp islands to our advantage.

Heracles

Arcanus Baja

Wanderer

that would absolutely be awesome if you did that. I am alright at living but still I have room for improvement.

Vek

Sorceror

Ive had the same glitch were I've logged in a totally strange spot [outside Brit near a small savage camp an Vek (conveniently)]. I forget what the actually issue is but there are certain spots were you cannot log out due to certain obstructions, so the game automatically moves you to prevent a crash. I don't know if i explained that correctly but it goes something to that affect.

Arcanus Baja;1752417 said:
that would absolutely be awesome if you did that. I am alright at living but still I have room for improvement.

Well my tactics are for staying alive plus killing the enemy. Some griefers may think of some tactics as cheesey but then again they are the ones griefing. Ill start gathering my thoughts and looking at old rp videos.

Engage

Wanderer

Emokid69;1752445 said:
Ive had the same glitch were I've logged in a totally strange spot [outside Brit near a small savage camp an Vek (conveniently)]. I forget what the actually issue is but there are certain spots were you cannot log out due to certain obstructions, so the game automatically moves you to prevent a crash. I don't know if i explained that correctly but it goes something to that affect.

I believe you are correct. I have tried to find any spots on the islands that will do this but if anyone finds a specific spot where it frequently happens let me know.

May also be because of the houseplots under the island, some of them were set to Private still, they have all been changed to public which may help also.

Vek

Sorceror

Well I'm not sure about the islands, i haven't had to log out there much but theres a few spots in and near our fort

And as far as tactics go my objective is to defend and occasionally attack and wait for my advantage. I only use this tactic if the person I'm fighting provides a challenge(running off, casting BS, just being the biggest griefer ever).

Which brings me to my next point, Sigma removed most of the savages doors from our fort, this takes away from so much of our tactics and defense. All because Moka was multi clienting and using the LOS door trick to trap people. Now we don't abuse the LOS trick but we definitely use it to stay alive by applying a bandie, or gating out, Now I'm not asking for all of the doors to be replaced but maybe just the front one.

Engage

Wanderer

Tessa has added a Recall/Mark/Gate spot to the island. It is located in the South East corner just near the stables. Cross over the bridges and you will see a blood pentagram on the ground you can mark on that spot.

There is also a portal to the RP Portal room located West of the town entrance (where the Wisps used to spawn).

I will update the portal room over the next day or so to remove the Evil gate (although the island will remain for the time being). If there is anything you would like changed in the portal room let me know.

Vek

Sorceror

Thanks, now that there is a sparkle to the rp portal in the wisp circle its not as necessary but, could you please delete that dam cannon. And i can never get a hold of you about the house plot, :( your never on aim or in game :/

Vek

Sorceror

Yay! - For the cannon and our hut

Thanks Ozzy, I suppose even oriki have a heart *laughs*

Engage

Wanderer

Fortune Teller NPC has been readded to the small tent in the SW corner.

Fortune Tellers = Mage NPCs (ie. Sell Regeants/Scrolls etc) as well as wandering healers. Will res both red and blue.