UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Some Major Changes!

Engage

Wanderer
Re: Some Major Changes!

Don't worry too much about the thief entrance thing, it's unlikely to change any time soon. I'm not really one who likes to plan things out, I just start building/making and see how it turns out. If I need to change something i'll just mess around with it until I think its okay (thats the major benefit of having a custom made area!!).

As for the leave house thing, there is a chance it will be removed sometime in the future (requires some code work, but Mark has said it is possible). All this would do is give us the ability to remove the "Leave House" option from the drop down menu on certain houses. The reason we use houseplots is not only because it loads on the minimap, but also because it SIGNIFICANTLY reduces lag in the area. Go run around the Evil Island and compare it to the Good Island and you will see the difference.

Vek

Sorceror

I never really saw a difference because i have an outstanding connection so if there was lag id probably only experience it while i was chasing someone. (right when i get close enough to hit them they jump five tiles)

Arcanus Baja

Wanderer

ya my connection is great where as my comp is trash. the only time i lag is when i am in heavily housed areas. i can run through the evil island like a god :)
but i understand it is for the rp community as a whole so it doesnt bother me.
besides i will have my good computer back in a few days so i should actually be able to catch up to people.

Is it set in stone whether the evil island is going to be removed completely? I'm sure I'll miss that place, not sure why (looks around, hehe), but I will, I bet it was hard work building that place. If it goes away, I do like the way the good island is coming along with the newly adding places. It will bring the RP community closer in the long run.

Engage

Wanderer

Testament;1758378 said:
Is it set in stone whether the evil island is going to be removed completely? I'm sure I'll miss that place, not sure why (looks around, hehe), but I will, I bet it was hard work building that place. If it goes away, I do like the way the good island is coming along with the newly adding places. It will bring the RP community closer in the long run.

Yes it is, I don't really see any reason to keep it open.

Engage

Wanderer

Thieves will be happy to see a number of treasure chests and random "fillablecontainers" are being added around Agathys and the monster camps. They all have varying level of loot and respawn time but should provide some additional loot!

Engage

Wanderer

Also in order for them to re-spawn properly you need to take all items out of them. For example if you are after dried hanging herbs/flowers you need to keep taking the random reagents out of the box in the mage shop.

The chests labelled "treasrurechest" only spawn gold, there is no way for me to change that at this time. You will find some semi-rares will spawn in the other chests as they did on OSI.

Engage

Wanderer

Various spawn changes have been made and changes to the forests/terrain will continue to be made when I get the chance.

Most of the initial things I wanted done have been completed (thanks to the huge help from Tessa). If there is anything else you think the island needs feel free to post it here.

Vek

Sorceror

Awesome, sounds like some needed changes, and ive seen some and it looks great!

Only thing that i would ask, is that although its not very important, i wanted to get the savage gate names changed to "The Vile Clan Savages" if thats possible please.

Arcanus Baja

Wanderer

what are the chances of us possibly getting a dungeon built here?
i think a new dungeon will increase the population on the island and with more people there they will see the community and possibly get more people involved :)
Plus it would be nice to be able to dungeon crawl in a rp community where we should be generally safer from ganks.

That would be awesome but i can see how it would end up just being called a "trammie" spot and so becoming one... *sigh*

Father Prescott;1765869 said:
That would be awesome but i can see how it would end up just being called a "trammie" spot and so becoming one... *sigh*

Well it cannot be called a trammie spot.
1. No guards
2. Anyone can go
3. its not trammel ruleset...

This idea of a dungeon is a great idea. The dungeon in imbus is what really brought the playerbase.

Arcanus Baja

Wanderer

Well you can with players from the community but when it comes to the outsiders we could just call the evil guilds like TcD, the orcs, or VCS to clear them out.
im glad people agree with the idea.

Engage

Wanderer

A dungeon is a definite possibility and something myself and a few of the staff have discussed for a while.

Engage;1766155 said:
A dungeon is a definite possibility and something myself and a few of the staff have discussed for a while.

It would be cool if the spawn all revolved around rp storylines/quests.

The one thing i feel is missing is a single dragon guarding something, such an old school thought but whatever....*thinks of LORD text base game from back in day*

Vestros

Sorceror

heh or a super duper npc named the Avatar .. and it haveing to do something with the virtues or something.. :)