UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Status of UOStream?

Lucifall

Knight
Is there a way to log into Demise using just the UO client from EA? :confused:
There has to be some way to login and play demise, that way doesn't have to be an over the top automated catastrophe...

UO Rice.

Razor is much more potent than the original client, and that's PRECISELY why it's not allowed on OSI. Would you fight using only the classic client? :)

Abby-

Wanderer
Lucifall post: 4050766 said:
UO Rice.

Razor is much more potent than the original client, and that's PRECISELY why it's not allowed on OSI. Would you fight using only the classic client? :)
Sorry am a big fan of razor. But can you honestly say razor and by razor I am refering to a clean unbroken version, be as automated as uosteam? I remember when razor came out we could hold 1 button down to heal or ma fb the shit out of it but they fixed that. Uosteam is not a terrible program and has some nice features. The way I see it when they found the flaw of loops instead of fixing razor they should of fix the server side of it. The thing with uosteam is when it was created dgassist was used on shards by a certain group of people to have the upper hand once a few got banned chun and Diego came to ryan and changed the name to uoassist and sold it. You cant say the program was created in mind to play fair. Yes it was tweak abit. Now the main question is do we blame uosteam or the runuo server that are broken.

2 options really.

1 ban uosteam and say runuo server are perfect and deal with a massive razor loops and target loops.
2 keep both razor and uosteam and someone codes a server fix.

I say we should do option 2.

Lucifall

Knight
Sorry am a big fan of razor. But can you honestly say razor and by razor I am refering to a clean unbroken version, be as automated as uosteam? I remember when razor came out we could hold 1 button down to heal or ma fb the shit out of it but they fixed that.
Let's be honest. There's two major reasons Razor is weak in comparison to Steam, and it's not because Steam was coded to be a cheat-like application.

- Legacy code. It's a 10yo piece of software. It has a lot of memory hogs in it (which can be compensated by having low ping)
- It wasn't being updated for a long time, with only client compatibility being added.

I can do the same stuff I do with Steam on Razor. The main difference lies on my lack of client lag that comes from using Steam. If I pinged low, I have simple Razor macros that can outcast Steam and recast instantly if I get disrupted (and here is the "problem" with RunUO AOS casting. Some people like it this way, some don't). Steam can't do that.

The thing with uosteam is when it was created dgassist was used on shards by a certain group of people to have the upper hand once a few got banned chun and Diego came to ryan and changed the name to uoassist and sold it.
I may be mistaken, but only three people had DGAssist. How is it that people got banned for it, then?

Now, for the RunUO part... Ryan saw potential in DGA and figured Razor would eventually die because of the lack of updates. Luckily for those who like Razor, it didn't.

You cant say the program was created in mind to play fair.
It was created to counter EUO and Razor target-glitch macros which only a handful of people had and used (china, for example). So yes, fair play was the goal of it.

2 options really.

1 ban uosteam and say runuo server are perfect and deal with a massive razor loops and target loops.
2 keep both razor and uosteam and someone codes a server fix.
I say we should do option 2.

I agree that combat should be fixed, but only if it gets fixed all at once in a big update. Otherwise, as Id-remains puts it, we will be just passing the stick to the next bug-based template.

mantorras

Sorceror
In my opinion the ping is a bigger issue, ping has always influenced gameplay in online games but in ultima online I believe it's an even bigger factor in gameplay.
If people want more equality in the playing field then something should be done regarding ping.
I know it's impossible to have everyone with optimum ping to the server but maybe other things could be done. Maybe by changing the delay between action or the casting times in order to force everyone to play with the same conditions.

Xionu

Sorceror
In my opinion the ping is a bigger issue, ping has always influenced gameplay in online games but in ultima online I believe it's an even bigger factor in gameplay.
If people want more equality in the playing field then something should be done regarding ping.
I know it's impossible to have everyone with optimum ping to the server but maybe other things could be done. Maybe by changing the delay between action or the casting times in order to force everyone to play with the same conditions.
I don't think ping is the issue (don't look at my signature), I think its more holding buttons down, bolas and feys

mantorras

Sorceror
Well you guys are talking about balance and wanting to have more equality in the field.
Ping is one major factor in that. Play with low ping and then go play with high ping and you will notice the difference.
I have a lot of respect for people that have high ping and still try to pvp.

Lucifall

Knight
I don't think ping is the issue (don't look at my signature), I think its more holding buttons down, bolas and feys

Holding buttons down - Loops can do the same.
Bolas - Not an issue.
Feys - Yes, but my report is getting brutally ignored.
Ping - Big issue, but you won't know until you play with 200+ ping.

Xionu

Sorceror
Holding buttons down - Loops can do the same.
Bolas - Not an issue.
Feys - Yes, but my report is getting brutally ignored.
Ping - Big issue, but you won't know until you play with 200+ ping.
It was a joke homie.
When I had 6 ping I didnt need a magic arrow fireball macro, I still easily killed people through heal spam on a necro mage

el pepino

Sorceror
But do you have a job?

I'm an architectural engineer by trade, and do some drafting work.
I work as a professional private protection security guard. I've guarded for the televison show GRIMM and also have done work for Reese Witherspoon in her most recent film "The Wild."
I also Co-own a painting business with a friend Chris.

Not that its any of your business, pun intended.

What do you and Rachael do muscly? Grow corn and string banjo's? LoLz :cool:

mytilus

Sorceror
I went to school for architectural engineering but dropped out before I finished.
I work as a professional private protection security guard aka mallcop. The donut shop is always safe with me on the beat and sometimes I see people that look like celebrities
I sometimes paint houses with my friend Chris. We don't get a lot of work but its cool because it frees my schedule for my real passion...

ULTIMA ONLINE PROFESSIONAL :cool:

:eek:

sk8nomad

Sorceror
This one hit close to home. Didn't the second age come out in '99?

So... if you're under, lets say 24-ish.. did you ever REALLY play uo?

walk around the only facet for days, no horse: cause it died.
own with your vanquishingly accurate silver halberd
lose it a week later..
WOW 80 level in 3 skills, such ownage
Server lines?
im 25, and played UO when it was in beta, only because my dad was nice enough to let me play his account back in 97. I remember, my first time logging in, they randomly started us off in different cities. as soon my family created our characters, we had to run to Britian. And we were LUCKY to have made it without the server crashing and reverting on us. Ahh the good ol days. The days where a house key= house ownership....

Lucifall

Knight
I did for years on OSI and I would have no problem if it were possible here.

Don't use Razor or Steam features. There you have it. Wanna try? :)

and also have done work for Reese Witherspoon in her most recent film "The Wild."
What kind of work? I am sure your name should be somewhere in the credits if it had anything to do with the film, but I can't find it.

I also Co-own a painting business with a friend Chris.
Link? Let me take a look at the work you guys do.