UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Suggestion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Easy PVM Fix

1) Add all slayer weapons (fey slayer, blood drinking, daemon dismissal, etc)
2) 5x the drop rate across the board, damn near every weapon that drops should be slayer
3) 2-3x the damage on MOB type
That don't give people a reason to go PvM.... Most people already have all the gold they want, or whatever else.. There needs to be rewards for people in dungeons farming.

YewGuards

Sorceror
I like Pepsi's recommendation. Here are a few additions.

-Rare monsters that only spawn in dungeons and rarely spawn at that.
-Semi rares that rarely drop. Would be nice if statues were remove as vet reward and used here. However we have several other options.
-An ingot that can only be mined in certain dungeons. Easy fix, remove a color from everywhere except a particular dungeon.
-Ghost only gates that teleport to Britain on first two levels. Blue newbs need convenience of travelling as ghost after our reds slaugther them like usual.
-If one is not setup already, make a particular dungeon not allow recall or gate.
-Make orc cave mountless, adds variety and accommodates that divnity/ipy style play without dividing shard pop between two shards.
-Add blue healers outside of every dungeon, not sure why this hasn't been done already.

PS: Check my previous post about semi rare options. I think most of them do not exist on the shard.

Last edited:

MelodyTFA

Squire
They would have to delete 75% of the semi rares before adding any I think, either trew a rare CUB or just delete some useless stuff like cakes and voting shirts...... Then they could make them redrop RARELY on monsters

TRADE MAN

Squire
We have some things in place, if tweaked, a little could do much better.
Paragons are awesome. But it's a rough grind in the dungeons trying to get rewarded. I think we should lower the difficulty a bit. The diff hue clothes that drop on these Mobs could be easier to get. The past drops on paragons drop too little of the cloth in order for anyone to get overly excited. This month i believe only 4 yards of frost cloth has been pulled from paragons. This isn't enough to craft much of anything, and its hard to get everyone in dungeons to farm for it because they are a bit discouraged from the drop rates. You have to treat us like kids a bit... lol

crikey

Sorceror
Explosive bolas

Crafted like regular bolas, except ghese would need explode pots includex to build

Can make lesser explosion bolas, explosion bolas, or greater explosion bolas

Make them give the bonus for gm alchemy

Basically, a bola and explode all in one

Maybe poison bolas as well?

Greater explosion deadly poisoned bolas :)

Explosive bolas

Crafted like regular bolas, except ghese would need explode pots includex to build

Can make lesser explosion bolas, explosion bolas, or greater explosion bolas

Make them give the bonus for gm alchemy

Basically, a bola and explode all in one

Maybe poison bolas as well?

Greater explosion deadly poisoned bolas :)
Crikey.... You made me sad with this post. I think I cried a little. Us Boston guise is smarter den dis.

Vash T S

Sorceror
I started playing on this server more than 10 years ago and have played on and off ever since. It sounds like a lot has changed. What drew me to the server was several things.

1. First, there was fast skill gain. Nobody wants to have to donate for a 7x skill ball or macro for countless hours to gm their skills. It's boring. Skill gains, including magic resist, should be gmable in a very small amount of time so that players can get to the meat of the game which is pvp.

2. Good old fashioned pvp. Remember the brit graveyard wars? Red vs blues? That was good.

3. UO is not an item based game. I have seen posts about blessed weapons? There should never be a blessed combat item. Ever. You die, somebody takes your shit, you get pissed off, re-equip, and get back out there. That's the reason I quit the actual paid servers. As soon as combat items became unlootable that was the end.

4. I could donte rl money, but not too much rl money, for in game money. Getting established in UO sucks. It's horrible. Remember starting the game with a katana and 100 gold? The ability to donate for a mil to get started makes a huge difference. If we want new players to stay, we should give them a quick road to get in the game and get in the mix.

UO is a high stakes game. The skill leveling should be fast. The pvp should be high stakes. If you die, you're dead, and whatever fantastic items you were carrying are as good as gone. Dungeoning is a good way to lose your hard earned pets if you have no escape plan. That's what makes UO great.

YewGuards

Sorceror
I started playing on this server more than 10 years ago and have played on and off ever since. It sounds like a lot has changed. What drew me to the server was several things.

1. First, there was fast skill gain. Nobody wants to have to donate for a 7x skill ball or macro for countless hours to gm their skills. It's boring. Skill gains, including magic resist, should be gmable in a very small amount of time so that players can get to the meat of the game which is pvp.

2. Good old fashioned pvp. Remember the brit graveyard wars? Red vs blues? That was good.

3. UO is not an item based game. I have seen posts about blessed weapons? There should never be a blessed combat item. Ever. You die, somebody takes your shit, you get pissed off, re-equip, and get back out there. That's the reason I quit the actual paid servers. As soon as combat items became unlootable that was the end.

4. I could donte rl money, but not too much rl money, for in game money. Getting established in UO sucks. It's horrible. Remember starting the game with a katana and 100 gold? The ability to donate for a mil to get started makes a huge difference. If we want new players to stay, we should give them a quick road to get in the game and get in the mix.

UO is a high stakes game. The skill leveling should be fast. The pvp should be high stakes. If you die, you're dead, and whatever fantastic items you were carrying are as good as gone. Dungeoning is a good way to lose your hard earned pets if you have no escape plan. That's what makes UO great.
Well said, you actually made me remember why fast gains are good for the shard.

king_spade

Traveler
There are few left that play UOGAMERS: Hybrid, and even fewer with the wisdom to solve its problems. I, reluctantly, am giving you the UNBIASED solutions based on truth. As a preface I would like to say that the implimentation of only some of these changes will not be enough to turn the server around. If ONLY 20% of these are implimented and the numbers don't raise, please do not say, "See! You were wrong!", as all changes need to be taken into consideration. Yes there will be fallout and the in crowd will grumble but the initial loss of players will be dwarfed by the returning vets and new players taken from other popular servers *cough* UOF *cough*.

Understand that most of the players who login to UO do so with nostalgia in mind. UO was the first MMO and arguably the greatest. Still after 18 years since its birth, there are many loyal followers. Most of these players are not looking for new content, New shiney items, or drastic patches. They want the feel of the "good ol' days". Back when player relations and interaction was placed above possesion.

Below is my unbiased comprehensive fix list to address the major flaws within the server's current system:

-A SERVER WIPE; A mediated option would be a safe box of 5 items per account that is carried to server after wipe. Yes the state of affairs is beyond repair. There are over 20 million items on the server with each save taking 30 seconds. Some players have over 1 billion gold. This is beyond ridiculous amount of gold and only inflates item markets when these greedy players decide they want to buy a desired item. Players with one of a kind rares/mounts also raise suspicion to the servers legitimacy.
-Amount of gold dropped by monsters reduced universally. Reduce all gold dropped amount to ATLEAST 50% current levels. If a dragon drops 2,000 gold now, make it < 1,000. For a balron, 4,000 now, make it < 2,000. This will make all commodities more valuable and create more labor for the oversized stockpiles of material.
-RARES, and neon handouts made 100x more scarse. Simply put, rares lose their novelty value when the market is flooded with these trinkets. It also makes too much of a focus on items instead of game content.
-REMOVE STAFF NEPOTISM / PREFERENCIAL TREATMENT ; This is a must to the core of the servers integrity! ALL PLAYERS SHOULD BE TREATED EQUAL! No special favors to staff friends, staff must make public all characters. This is crucial to regain trust from community. I had an encounter with a veteran player recently that believes they have carte blanche and said if they got banned they would just call soandso to unban them. Everyone that knows UOGamers hybrid knows its corrupt, so you can go legit, or play with the 10 well connected vets. Your choice.
-Ban Gold selling; This only encourages players with a lot of assets to quit, or rig and inflate markets to make rl cash.
-Morality System; murderers not allowed in town. Bounty system implimented and even a statloss system. There is nothing keeping a player from griefing a newbie to the point of logging out. Please do not misinterpret pking a new player with PvP. Once the predator class kills off the prey class, you are left with a server of complete douchebags / exploiters & scammers a.k.a. UOGamers hybrid
-Client restrictions; There are waaaay to many lucrative macros being used and allowed at this point that remove huge amounts of skill involved for PvP. modded clients and scripts should not be allowed. Cheating using auto explo pot/ auto looting etc to be strictly enforced as bannable offences. No fair players want to play against cheaters.
-Hybrid Armor removed aswell as any item based PvP gear . Does this one really need explanation? SMH
-Factions; faction trap costs to be more balanced with faction trap removal costs. There is already a way to remove faction traps without paying 1 silver. CAPTURE THE TOWN! Traps give incentives to owning a town and add a layer of strategy. If it takes 8 hours of labor to get a trap, and only 1 hour of labor to remove 10 traps, you have made the labor of trap creating pointless.
-Skill Gains; The skill gains are often misunderstood and hard to explain to new players. I find myself constantly telling new players no, you did it wrong, it will take forever to finish your skills now, DELETE, START OVER. Make skills gains raise at a consistent pace REGARDLESS of relative distance to skillcap.

These are the majors. There are many other minors.

***New Events Ideas***

-PIRATE WARS
multiple team ships in a closed circuit body of water like a lake. Each team has a captain who has power to steer the ship. Respawn point for each team is stern of ship. Points are earned thru killing enemy crew members and boarding enemy ships, taking the flag, and bringing back to your teams ship.

-Red vs Blue Town Capture
Exact rules up for discussion

-Monster Invasion Event
Defend a city against a horde of monsters
*****************************************************************************************

I have already come to the conclusion that Admin Ryan and the powers that be will not make any significant changes and will let the server coast at its current trajectory to death. But if it is to turn around, these things need to occur.

-spade

crikey

Sorceror
How about

Frequent events at bucs den?

This could be a champ spawn/harrower event.

Hybrid is a hardcore shard, should have hardcore bucs den events where widespreadv bedlam will flourish

Would also be cool to toss up a moongate that links brit bank to bucs den bank. I can see pvp created as a result of having this

TRADE MAN

Squire
There are few left that play UOGAMERS: Hybrid, and even fewer with the wisdom to solve its problems. I, reluctantly, am giving you the UNBIASED solutions based on truth. As a preface I would like to say that the implimentation of only some of these changes will not be enough to turn the server around. If ONLY 20% of these are implimented and the numbers don't raise, please do not say, "See! You were wrong!", as all changes need to be taken into consideration. Yes there will be fallout and the in crowd will grumble but the initial loss of players will be dwarfed by the returning vets and new players taken from other popular servers *cough* UOF *cough*.

Understand that most of the players who login to UO do so with nostalgia in mind. UO was the first MMO and arguably the greatest. Still after 18 years since its birth, there are many loyal followers. Most of these players are not looking for new content, New shiney items, or drastic patches. They want the feel of the "good ol' days". Back when player relations and interaction was placed above possesion.

Below is my unbiased comprehensive fix list to address the major flaws within the server's current system:

-A SERVER WIPE; A mediated option would be a safe box of 5 items per account that is carried to server after wipe. Yes the state of affairs is beyond repair. There are over 20 million items on the server with each save taking 30 seconds. Some players have over 1 billion gold. This is beyond ridiculous amount of gold and only inflates item markets when these greedy players decide they want to buy a desired item. Players with one of a kind rares/mounts also raise suspicion to the servers legitimacy.
-Amount of gold dropped by monsters reduced universally. Reduce all gold dropped amount to ATLEAST 50% current levels. If a dragon drops 2,000 gold now, make it < 1,000. For a balron, 4,000 now, make it < 2,000. This will make all commodities more valuable and create more labor for the oversized stockpiles of material.
-RARES, and neon handouts made 100x more scarse. Simply put, rares lose their novelty value when the market is flooded with these trinkets. It also makes too much of a focus on items instead of game content.
-REMOVE STAFF NEPOTISM / PREFERENCIAL TREATMENT ; This is a must to the core of the servers integrity! ALL PLAYERS SHOULD BE TREATED EQUAL! No special favors to staff friends, staff must make public all characters. This is crucial to regain trust from community. I had an encounter with a veteran player recently that believes they have carte blanche and said if they got banned they would just call soandso to unban them. Everyone that knows UOGamers hybrid knows its corrupt, so you can go legit, or play with the 10 well connected vets. Your choice.
-Ban Gold selling; This only encourages players with a lot of assets to quit, or rig and inflate markets to make rl cash.
-Morality System; murderers not allowed in town. Bounty system implimented and even a statloss system. There is nothing keeping a player from griefing a newbie to the point of logging out. Please do not misinterpret pking a new player with PvP. Once the predator class kills off the prey class, you are left with a server of complete douchebags / exploiters & scammers a.k.a. UOGamers hybrid
-Client restrictions; There are waaaay to many lucrative macros being used and allowed at this point that remove huge amounts of skill involved for PvP. modded clients and scripts should not be allowed. Cheating using auto explo pot/ auto looting etc to be strictly enforced as bannable offences. No fair players want to play against cheaters.
-Hybrid Armor removed aswell as any item based PvP gear . Does this one really need explanation? SMH
-Factions; faction trap costs to be more balanced with faction trap removal costs. There is already a way to remove faction traps without paying 1 silver. CAPTURE THE TOWN! Traps give incentives to owning a town and add a layer of strategy. If it takes 8 hours of labor to get a trap, and only 1 hour of labor to remove 10 traps, you have made the labor of trap creating pointless.
-Skill Gains; The skill gains are often misunderstood and hard to explain to new players. I find myself constantly telling new players no, you did it wrong, it will take forever to finish your skills now, DELETE, START OVER. Make skills gains raise at a consistent pace REGARDLESS of relative distance to skillcap.

These are the majors. There are many other minors.

***New Events Ideas***

-PIRATE WARS
multiple team ships in a closed circuit body of water like a lake. Each team has a captain who has power to steer the ship. Respawn point for each team is stern of ship. Points are earned thru killing enemy crew members and boarding enemy ships, taking the flag, and bringing back to your teams ship.

-Red vs Blue Town Capture
Exact rules up for discussion

-Monster Invasion Event
Defend a city against a horde of monsters
*****************************************************************************************

I have already come to the conclusion that Admin Ryan and the powers that be will not make any significant changes and will let the server coast at its current trajectory to death. But if it is to turn around, these things need to occur.

-spade
Some of this sounds ok. I'm not sure your tone is where it should be though. If this server was wiped, you would see more than a handful of people leave. The damage would be catastrophic. Also people would lose trust in the shard. Who wants to work their ass off collecting items and so on, knowing it could be wiped whenever we have a couple of people that no longer even plays, raise hell about wanting this? Look what happened to IPY. People lost all their trust and their other shards have failed. We wouldn't just lose players, we would lose the new players that might have joined.

Status
Not open for further replies.