UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Suggestion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRADE MAN

Squire
You should get more respect because of what? You think you play more than others? Because you think you're someone on Hybrid? Most players backing you aren't real old school Hybrid players. Funny thing is you bash a wipe, but you're not even playing on the original Hybrid. Hybrid was wiped before and guess what the population went up to 3k at times for months and 1k for a couple years.
Im saying, I have been loyal to Hybrid. I dont give a fuck if you played 10 yrs ago... Ive been here for 11yrs myself. It doesnt mean that you come back after being gone for fucking years and decide... its time for a wipe. Regardless if there is or isnt a wipe, whose to say you will even be around? What makes you think thats best for the shard when you haven't even been around? What makes you think that you even have a right to comment such bullshit, knowing what it will be doing to all the loyal players that have been around, when shit is good, and when shit is bad.
PS; When the server was wiped before, people didnt have 1/1000000 to lose as what they do now. We are talking about over a decade of work that some people have put in. And you think its ok for them to lose all they've worked for? How would that bring back players? You are insane.

Last edited:

cazec274

Sorceror
I'd be loosing 10-11 year old rares, gold houses, so don't act like I have nothing to loose. I have been around I log on do my usual runs to mares, check pvp areas, check certain areas then log unless somethings going on. Not a big forum warrior like you.

TRADE MAN

Squire
I'd be loosing 10-11 year old rares, gold houses, so don't act like I have nothing to loose. I have been around I log on do my usual runs to mares, check pvp areas, check certain areas then log unless somethings going on. Not a big forum warrior like you.
Explain exactly how this would help. You said that we would be losing a few cry babies thats rich?? Wonder why i got all pissy??? If this shard gets wiped, you would lose alot of people and donators. Even worse, Hybrid would lose trust. People donate kind of like investing. With wipes being a risk factor if this were to happen, then you would lose people's trust and would have 0 donations. Wipes arent the answer. Theres not even much gold floating around as it is. I think a CUB, Donation coin vendor, Event league vamp, wand nerf, Gold sink vendors are better ways to help.

It should also create a huge hype, since so many high quality houses will go IDOC, and some of them probably stocked to the teeth, I can only imagine the kind of excitement that it could produce for people to hunt all these IDOCS.

Any house with notable loot, the friend has already let fall. That I would bet you.

And if it did require the account itself, my houses would have fallen. I use my old blacksmith and old Tamer to own my houses, haven't logged in those accounts in 7 years my dang self. I keep my main characters house free so I can place.

MadeInQuebec

Forum Member of the Year 2008

MadeInQuebecForum Member of the Year 2008
I would also suggest to update the house refresh system.

People have been refreshing their old dead friends house for long enough, keep the plots rolling, have houses that are not used by the actual owner decay, something similar than the up to date system, where you house starts to decay after 3 month of inactivity on your account.

It should also create a huge hype, since so many high quality houses will go IDOC, and some of them probably stocked to the teeth, I can only imagine the kind of excitement that it could produce for people to hunt all these IDOCS.

That's a cute way to quote ;)

Can we keep the arguing to private messages?
This should be for suggestions only..

Here's a few suggestions I have/had for a few years now....

1.Remove All Wands besides Item ID or simply make them have 3.5 second delays on all wands and make them consume half the mana of said spell.

2. Explosion Potions Timer should only start AFTER it has been thrown... So remove Potion Priming and make it more skillshot based (so you would have to predict where your target is going) Or make it damage everything so throwing it in town would be very risky.

3. As suggested something atleast similar to what Ryan said, Delete all accounts that haven't been activated in over 90 days, Instantly dropping their owned houses... This was done once before around 2006ish I believe....

4. What about adding a custom map? something small that doesn't allow much house building if any... There are some purchasable maps by Darkshard.net and other good ones already complete... Something to think about anyway.

1.Remove all wands, or cast full mana

2. Explosion Potions 5 sec cooldown

3. This is a terrible idea, people that only play their main account would lose their house. It's retarded, don't do this.

4. Tried before, didn't work

I'm not trying to be rude, but you should try alchy dueling and then make a rationale suggestion. That suggestion alone would kill what remains of hybrid's PvP scene.

I'm not trying to be rude, but you should try alchy dueling and then make a rationale suggestion. That suggestion alone would kill what remains of hybrid's PvP scene.

Talk about twisting words... You literally rephrased everything I said to what you wanted to read... That right there alone should worry you...

Anyway this is a suggestion thread not spew your toxic bullshit like the last 3 years of cancerous Hybrid Players that have done everything in their power to make this shard unplayable....

And the house thing has been done before and nobody whined... and Ryan already said they were going to do something like this.

Talk about twisting words... You literally rephrased everything I said to what you wanted to read... That right there alone should worry you...

Anyway this is a suggestion thread not spew your toxic bullshit like the last 3 years of cancerous Hybrid Players that have done everything in their power to make this shard unplayable....

And the house thing has been done before and nobody whined... and Ryan already said they were going to do something like this.

Wasn't twisting your words, just showing what I agree with.

The shit that made this server unplayable is:

Pet trapping.
Scamming.
The general acceptance of shit talking.
Corrupt staff.

It's been pointed out over and over.
It's swept under a rug and deleted.

We have more gold, with fewer people then ever. Staff ran rampant when gold was legal to sell. I used to have physical proof that folken spawned millions upon millions of gold.

Last time Ryan was active he did a gold sink, and basically got rid of something like half the server's gold. Since then we have got that gold back, many times over.
*edit we more or less got rid of ten years of people farming. In two years we have got back more then that in gold, with next to no-one farming. It was spawned back in.

And since I've been decently active for the past 12+ years, I've never seen a massive house drop.

The only mass house drops were:

Ageless houses, and IP's with over 4 houses.

So you're shouting bullshit, with no truth to it.

Last edited:

Travis Tey

Sorceror
3. As suggested something atleast similar to what Ryan said, Delete all accounts that haven't been activated in over 90 days, Instantly dropping their owned houses... This was done once before around 2006ish I believe...

I get the idea behind this, but I think the time frame we look back would really need to be considered. If our goal is to get people back, the last thing we want them to do is have to start from ZERO. I know I'd seriously consider a return to this shard if I had to start fresh. Hopefully players will see this new activity on the forums, log on, stock up, and play the game.

I really like the idea of ended friends/co-owners ability to refresh houses. This will jump start PVP and free up some much needed space.

People will lose their own houses. I know for sure my castle would drop, I haven't logged in my alt account in forever.

I'm tired of repeating this, so just do it.

See what happens.

MadeInQuebec

Forum Member of the Year 2008
People will lose their own houses. I know for sure my castle would drop, I haven't logged in my alt account in forever.

I'm tired of repeating this, so just do it.

See what happens.

But you know, that's kinda why I suggested the three month delay refresh period.

If someone is not willing to log on 4 times a year to save their houses, clearly they don't give a flying fuck about em, and they should go to someone else who is more active.

It's as simple as that.

YewGuards

Sorceror
I know a lot of people don't have the time to read 15 pages of dialog. Here's a summary, the shard is not going to get wiped. We discussed this topic on numerous threads. Staff said no, Ryan said no, majority voted no. We found that it's not an out of the box idea. Thanks to the community we now have an arsenal of creative ideas that will help. Suzy already made a post of ideas they're willing to consider.

Please post creative suggestions and stop beating a dead horse.

PS: On a positive note, I'm seeing a lot of old faces posting here with ideas that will bring them back to the shard.

Last edited:

1.Remove All Wands besides Item ID or simply make them have 3.5 second delays on all wands and make them consume half the mana of said spell.

2. Explosion Potions Timer should only start AFTER it has been thrown... So remove Potion Priming and make it more skillshot based (so you would have to predict where your target is going) Or make it damage everything so throwing it in town would be very risky.

3. As suggested something atleast similar to what Ryan said, Delete all accounts that haven't been activated in over 90 days, Instantly dropping their owned houses... This was done once before around 2006ish I believe....

4. What about adding a custom map? something small that doesn't allow much house building if any... There are some purchasable maps by Darkshard.net and other good ones already complete... Something to think about anyway.

He was trying to say that your suggestion about alchy pots would not work in the pits. It also wouldn't work on the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.