UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

SVN 321 Update (June 7th 2009)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: SVN 321 Update (June 7th 2009)

psz;564074 said:
[*]Ore elementals should have a chance to spawn as paragon in Ilshenar.

Does this mean they may drops chests as well??

I am VERY happy because of this

cariocavip

Wanderer

psz;564074 said:
  • FC caps have be tweaked to 4 for Bushido, Ninjitsu and Spellweaving, while it's 4 with magery penalty for Chivalry, and 2 for Magery and Necromancy
  • While using a shield with Parry and Bushido, if Parry is higher, the formula is now correct.

Please, would someone explain these two?

I'll be able to parry with a shield now if my parrying skill is higher than my bushido?

Mages now can only have FC 4 capped?(Please say yes :eek:)

cariocavip;567427 said:
Please, would someone explain these two?

I'll be able to parry with a shield now if my parrying skill is higher than my bushido?

Yes, that bug caused with some particular values to return you a negative chance to parry. That should fix the thing.

cariocavip;567427 said:
Mages now can only have FC 4 capped?(Please say yes :eek:)

If you want me to lie... :)

Nope, that patch fixes only spellweaving, ninjitsu and bushido, that used to have troubles with the FC cap. For magery the FC cap is, and will be unless OSI changes it, 2.

cariocavip

Wanderer

THanks for the answers, but

"While using a shield with Parry and Bushido, if Parry is higher, the formula is now correct."

What is the formula anyway? Is that one on stractis that with 100 parrying and 100 bushido you get around 27% to parry with a two handed weapon and about 4% to parry with a shield?

Or now if I have 100.1 parrying and 100.0 bushido I can parry with shield about 28% of the time?

cariocavip;568051 said:

"While using a shield with Parry and Bushido, if Parry is higher, the formula is now correct."

What is the formula anyway? Is that one on stractis that with 100 parrying and 100 bushido you get around 27% to parry with a two handed weapon and about 4% to parry with a shield?

yes, it's the one on Stratics. Now it's compliant to it.

Kiluad

Sorceror

cariocavip;568051 said:

Or now if I have 100.1 parrying and 100.0 bushido I can parry with shield about 28% of the time?

i think it was if parry was lower actually. the formula was/is parry minus bushido. but, now it returns 0% instead of -14 chance of parry or whatever.

If you wear a shield, your parry chance is parrySkill minus bushidoskill devided by 400 maybe? i forget what it's divided by. but say you had 1 parry and 120 bushido, that would be 1 - 120 = -119 divided by 400 = -29 parrychance. so good luck blocking anything with a shield. but it didn't really matter how grave the difference was, as soon as parry was lower it was a negative number, and then the 5% bonus was affected if you even got it.

The formula is the same basically. if it's ever under 0 it gives you 0 chance, then it will add 5% to your parry chance IF you have over 100 parry OR bushido. as it was before, it also wasn't adding the 5% if you had over 100 bushdio and were wearing a shield. prolly because Bushido and shields aren't meant to be used together, but they are still meant to get the 5% garunteed parrychance with over 100 skill in parry OR bushido no matter what.

with that guaranteed parry chance said, certain weapons simply can not parry, so even if you have say 1000% parry chance you'll never parry with them.

Orion Lighter

Sorceror

Kiluad;568128 said:
with that guaranteed parry chance said, certain weapons simply can not parry, so even if you have say 1000% parry chance you'll never parry with them.

How do we find out what weapons can and can not be used to parry with?

Kiluad

Sorceror

Orion Lighter;568581 said:
How do we find out what weapons can and can not be used to parry with?

Bows can't parry. they aren't defensive weapons.

Status
Not open for further replies.