UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

[SVN 529] [Copern] BoD Book Item Count (Tracker)

Status
Not open for further replies.

I.P.Knightly

Sorceror
[SVN 529] [Copern] BoD Book Item Count (Tracker)

Behavior on Demise:1 BoD book with 0 to 500 BODs in it counts as 1 please don't change this the whining will never cease and people will quit the server
Behavior on OSI:1 BoD Book counts as 1 item or 1 lockdown but every 5 BoDs in a BoD book will count as 1 extra item so a BoD Book with 5 bods will really be 2 items total.
Supporting Documentation (URLs):http://www.uoherald.com/guide/guide.php?guideId=240
Changes needed:
Code (optional):
This was implemented with Publish 19 31 July 2003
I did testing on this on OSI just to double check earlier this week and again today 25 July 2009
Every 5 Bods equals 1 item
I put the empty BoD book in an empty chest
I moused over the chest and it said 1 item
I added a bod to the book and dropped it back in the chest
I moused over and it said 1 item
Same results for 2,3,and 4 bods in the book
When I added the 5th Bod and moused over it said 2 items
5 to 9 bods in the book gave me the result of 2 items in the chest the BoD book + the bods in it
10 to 14 bods 3 items in the chest the BoD book + the bods
And so on

If you go to the link I provided scroll to the bottom of the page you will see this

BOD books and item counts:
Bulk Order Deed books reduce the number of item counts (or lockdowns) that deeds take up. A BOD book counts as 1 item plus 1 for every 5 deeds in the book (rounded down,) up to a maximum of 101 item counts per book, for a total savings of approximately 400 counts.

If this was to be changed here on Demise how will it affect those that have vendors with full BoD books on them because of the item count change container that can only hold 125 items will have more items and things like that

Copern

Sorceror
Re: [CODER NEEDED] BoD Book Item Count (Tracker)

So, here's a proposal. We leave current BOD books as item count 1, regardless of however many deeds are in it. However, if any BODs are added to it, we increase the item count by one until it hits the threshold. Removing BODs won't decrease the item count unless it's below the threshold.

So for example we have a current BOD book that has 100 deeds in it. Item count will remain at 1. If we add a BOD to this book, the item count increases by one and the BOD count is 101. If we remove a BOD from the book, the item count remains 2 and the BOD count goes back to 100. If we add another BOD, the item count increases to 3 and the BOD count is 101. We continue adding BODs to this book until eventually we've reached the threshold. Once the threshold has been hit, it will then work as a normal BOD book. The caveat with this method is we need to serialize the item count. I've got this working mostly but need to add a couple things.

Let me know what you guys think.

For this system to work, wouldn't you have to increase the item count by one for every five BODs added?

Otherwise you could end up with a BOD book containing 101 BODs and weighing 101 Stones instead of 20 Stones.

FE

Copern

Sorceror

That's not what I mean. Let me give another example.

New books would have the one item count per five BOD's. But now we have an old book with 25 BOD's. Leave it at one item count after patching. If someone adds a bod, increase it by one. Now there's 26 BOD's with item count of 2. The threshold is 6 item count. If we remove BOD's from the book, the item count remains at 2 unless we have a BOD count of less than 5. Alright, so now we add 4 more. The item count becomes 6 and and the BOD count is 30. We add another and it becomes item count of 7 and BOD count becomes 31. If we add another, the item count remains at 7 until we have a BOD count of 35. At this point, the BOD book becomes like a standard OSI book. That's the solution I'm proposing for the current BOD books.

This would be to prevent people from getting a really nasty surprise where their books would drop on the ground if they tried to move them, then have no where to put them because they now take up too much space.

Got it. (Yes - I misunderstood :p)

I agree that something has to be decided (either Grandfathering or this, probably...) because any serious crafter will have literally hundreds of books. As an example, my bod collection will have an item count of 19,000 after the fix. That is like four completely full castles.

On a separate note (and yes, it is OSI-like so yes, it has to go in) - why did OSI change this?

I mean even a new crafter will often need to have well over 10 BOD books between Tailor and Smith. 10 BOD books is 1000 items - which is more than the capacity of a medium sized house with nothing else in it!

Was this just an attempt to get players to buy more accounts or storage space? or what?

FE

Bama

Bug Huntress

No not an attempt to get players to buy more accounts
You are looking at it the wrong way
They added BODS to the game and players complained about the amount of lock downs the BODS took up so OSI added in the BOD books
On OSI this BOD book was a good thing 500 lock downs became 101 lock downs.Here we are going from 1 lock down to 101 lock downs.

Athena

Account Terminated

Feersum Endjinn;698816 said:

On a separate note (and yes, it is OSI-like so yes, it has to go in) - why did OSI change this?

They never changed it, it was that way back in AoS (when the bulk order book was introduced).

Bama;698838 said:
No not an attempt to get players to buy more accounts
You are looking at it the wrong way
They added BODS to the game and players complained about the amount of lock downs the BODS took up so OSI added in the BOD books
On OSI this BOD book was a good thing 500 lock downs became 101 lock downs.Here we are going from 1 lock down to 101 lock downs.

Seer Athena;698842 said:
They never changed it, it was that way back in AoS (when the bulk order book was introduced).

Duh...

False assumptions => false conclusions...

:eek:

FE

PS I have just had another thought though... How do people actually craft and turn in bods on OSI? I mean one full BOD book virtually fills your backpack. Once you add in the armour pieces you are making etc, the rewards, the returns - it must surely be the most insufferably slow and cumbersome process?

Copern

Sorceror

Feersum Endjinn;698816 said:
I agree that something has to be decided (either Grandfathering or this, probably...) because any serious crafter will have literally hundreds of books. As an example, my bod collection will have an item count of 19,000 after the fix. That is like four completely full castles.

I mean even a new crafter will often need to have well over 10 BOD books between Tailor and Smith. 10 BOD books is 1000 items - which is more than the capacity of a medium sized house with nothing else in it!

Boy, and people wonder why it takes so long to save sometimes. A BOD in a book takes about (Surprise!) 1/5 the amount of data of an actual BOD/Item to save. A single crafter has a BOD collection that would turn out to be 19000 items after the change (let's assume it were immediate). That's around 95000 BOD's for a single person. Each of which still needs to be saved even if it's in a book. When you login and the message comes up with the item count, it only counts a BOD Book as a single item, but there's still the BODs inside it that are saved too. Now if there were 400 other people that had BOD collections as big as (if not bigger even) that, that's 38 million BOD's that need to be saved! :eek: That's the equivalent of 7.6 million actual BODs/Items.

Copern

Sorceror

So here's the patch, even though people are going to hate me for it... It should work as described in this post. Assuming we decide to use this solution, it would be best to have some BOD Books already on TC with varying amounts of BOD's in them before applying the patch.

Attachments

• BOBitemcount.patch
    5.4 KB · Views: 5
Re: [TESTING] [Copern] BoD Book Item Count (Tracker)

I hate the fix, not you C. :p

But since it has to go in one way or another... if it gets on to the TC I will put it through it's paces for you. :)

FE

Just an FYI, I was just trying to fill a BOD book on the TC and I think I may have broken the table that dispenses the BODs. It just stopped making more new ones.

weinster666;700760 said:
Just an FYI, I was just trying to fill a BOD book on the TC and I think I may have broken the table that dispenses the BODs. It just stopped making more new ones.

I have tried and it works.

Looks like spawners, occasionally, can suffer from delays of various genres...

Bama

Bug Huntress

What exactly is this patch suppose to do?It works like it has always worked on Demise
My back pack on Demise TC has a BOD book with 50 BODS in it.When I point to my back pack on my paperdoll it says 1 item.Shouldn't it say 11 with the patch in or am I doing something wrong?Or is this patch for something different altogether?

Bama;700790 said:
What exactly is this patch suppose to do?It works like it has always worked on Demise
My back pack on Demise TC has a BOD book with 50 BODS in it.When I point to my back pack on my paperdoll it says 1 item.Shouldn't it say 11 with the patch in or am I doing something wrong?Or is this patch for something different altogether?

it's still not in DemiseTC.

Look at the topic: it tells [TESTING], that means you can test it only by implementing the patch in your private shard.

When the topic will change to [TESTING-TC], then you can test it in DemiseTC.

There are also some sticky threads about what's in DemiseTC.

I was wondering, if you lock down a full spellbook on OSI, does that count as 101 locked down items or 1 lockdown and 100 storage (like a chest)?

osd_daedalus;700782 said:
I have tried and it works.

Looks like spawners, occasionally, can suffer from delays of various genres...
Some spawners are also working quite often on bods :p

Copern;699456 said:
So here's the patch, even though people are going to hate me for it... It should work as described in this post. Assuming we decide to use this solution, it would be best to have some BOD Books already on TC with varying amounts of BOD's in them before applying the patch.
I hope you will put your post solution, so that I dont have to put my 21 full books from backpack immediately on ground ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.