UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

[SVN 529] [Copern] BoD Book Item Count (Tracker)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonMuerte

Squire
Re: [TESTING] [Copern] BoD Book Item Count (Tracker)

the ridiculous thing about this is that you can't add/remove deeds from a book in a chest or locked down. is that also how it is on OSI? if they were accessible in a chest I could see how everyones' macroes could just be adjusted slightly. personally I only carry 10 books in my pack because I need to actually move things around inside of them. I'd prefer to be able to leave them in a neatly organized chest at home. Has anyone tested this on OSI?

DonMuerte

Squire
Re: [CODER NEEDED] BoD Book Item Count (Tracker)

Copern;698862 said:
Boy, and people wonder why it takes so long to save sometimes. A BOD in a book takes about (Surprise!) 1/5 the amount of data of an actual BOD/Item to save. A single crafter has a BOD collection that would turn out to be 19000 items after the change (let's assume it were immediate). That's around 95000 BOD's for a single person. Each of which still needs to be saved even if it's in a book. When you login and the message comes up with the item count, it only counts a BOD Book as a single item, but there's still the BODs inside it that are saved too. Now if there were 400 other people that had BOD collections as big as (if not bigger even) that, that's 38 million BOD's that need to be saved! :eek: That's the equivalent of 7.6 million actual BODs/Items.
are you saying that this fix will create unnecessary lag and excessive world saves once it happens?

psz

Administrator

Nope. He's saying there's already insane save times and lag from the ones we already have. The update won't change it at all.

Ret

Wanderer

In preparation for this patch being put on the Demise TC I filled up 6 BOD books and locked them down inside a house I placed just next to the Tram Brit gate. I few on the ground and a few in a secured bag in the house. The small house should only be able to hold 580 items so it will be interesting to see what happens when this patch is put in.

I also filled up 2 books and left them in my character's backpack. Since the bank box already has over 250 items in it, i didn't bother putting any in my bank for testing.

If this actually does make it live, i might be encouraged to finally fill some of my bods and turn them in just to make room. :)

uome

Bug Hunter
Re: [TESTING-TC] [Copern] BoD Book Item Count (Tracker)

Quick Q about this, if it has been asked allready then my appologies.
Should the bod book show an item count on mouse over? I know it shows the amount of bods in the book i mean an extra counter like for a stack of items.

Bama

Bug Huntress

Copern;703881 said:
IIRC it doesn't on OSI.

You recall correctly.Last week when I asked if this was on tc and had it explained to me I went ahead and put different deed amounts in 4 bod books in preparation and they work as described
The 4 bod books count as only 4 items until I started adding to the books or taking bods out.
The original 4 books once they have been used placed on the ground and put back in my backpack work correctly bod amount / 5 rounded down +1 for the book
New books worked as they should 5 bods = 1 item
They trade with the right count as well

Copern

Sorceror

Try them on vendors too (buying BODs from them) and putting them in houses.

Copern

Sorceror

Fixed BOD Books only taking up 1 lockdown regardless of the item count it's supposed to take up when simply locking them down in a house. So locking down a bod book that takes up 2 items space will now use 2 lockdowns and so on.

To DonMuerte - sorry, the only time you can ever put a BOD in a book on OSI is when the book is in your inventory.

Attachments

• BOBitemcount2.patch
    6.8 KB · Views: 16

Oki. A promise is a promise... ;)

Here is my round of testing:

Tested the basic system - everything seems to work correctly. No change in item count when you remove bods and +1 to count every time you add a BOD up to the correct limit. You can still only add or remove BODs while the book is in your backpack. At no time did the item count exceed the correct OSI BODs/5+1 number.

The changes occur immediately, in your backpack. No need to drop/pick up the BOD book or anything else.

I then tested in a house and on a vendor. Again, the system seems to work fine - the vendor recognizes the correct item count and will not allow you to place more than 125 items on him. If you buy a bod and reduce the count by 1, you can place 1 more item on him.

I did discover a couple of anomalies which may or may not be due to the patch:

1.) The owner of the vendor can buy bods from a BOD book. I believe this is the only item you can buy from your own vendor. Is this correct?

2.)
There seems to be a discrepancy in the number of "Used by lockdowns" on the house storage gump: it appears not to be showing secured boxes as lockdowns although at the bottom of the gump it does correctly state the number of "Maximum Lockdowns" and "Available Lockdowns".

3.)
It incorrectly displays a locked down BOD book as 1 lockdown. (Edited the missing "in", though Copern has fixed this in latest patch :p)

That's all for now.

To be tested: It would be great if someone with more "pre-patch" BOD books could test Houses, Lockdown count and Vendor use with pre-patch books before adding new bods. I only had one old book, and "used" it testing the basic functionality of the system.

(Screenshots below)

FE

Attachments

• BOD book tests.jpg
    BOD book tests.jpg
    205.3 KB · Views: 113
  • BOD book tests 2.jpg
    BOD book tests 2.jpg
    207.4 KB · Views: 109

Copern

Sorceror

Feersum Endjinn;704400 said:
I did discover a couple of anomalies which may or may not be due to the patch:

1.) The owner of the vendor can buy bods from a BOD book. I believe this is the only item you can buy from your own vendor. Is this correct?

Wondering that myself, it's something I noticed too but haven't changed. It's in the current SVN.

2.) There seems to be a discrepancy in the number of "Used by lockdowns" on the house storage gump: it appears not to be showing secured boxes as lockdowns although at the bottom of the gump it does correctly state the number of "Maximum Lockdowns" and "Available Lockdowns".

See the "Secure containers don't use up a lockdown" report. Like you I also saw this odd behavior. I put it up as a separate patch due to the complications it would cause though. See the notes in the thread for more details.

It correctly displays a locked down BOD book.
Latest patch fixes a discrepancy with that when it goes in - an item count 7 (not to be confused with BOD count) book should take up 7 lockdowns not 1 for instance.

Copern;704417 said:
Latest patch fixes a discrepancy with that when it goes in - an item count 7 (not to be confused with BOD count) book should take up 7 lockdowns not 1 for instance.

Oops...

Edited my typo for accuracy :)

FE

Ret

Wanderer

I notice the title has been changed to "[TESTING-TC]" but when I log onto the Demise TC I do not see any difference.

All of my FULL books still count as one single item.

Ret

Wanderer

I thought maybe everyone was testing on there own local server. Anyhow I kept looking after i posted that and did find stuff that made me think the patch was on the TC so I kept digging. Guess i should have went back and edited that post.
Your existing books should be gradually converted as explained here:
http://www.uodemise.com/forum/showpo...25&postcount=7
When i first read that post a few days ago it didn't make sense to me. Now i understand what he was saying and it looks to be spot on with what happens on the TC.

I started to fill another empty bod book, and it correctly tracks the items to be every 5 bods counts as one item.

I removed one bod from an existing full book, 499 in book and it still only counts as one item.
Added that same bod back to the same book, 500 and it started counting as 2 items.
Removed the same bod (at least it was on the last last page & had the same name) book still counted as 2 items
Added the same bod to the same book, and the book now counts as 3 items.

I kept removing one bod and adding it back to the same book. The book continued to increment by one on its item count after every bod added until it reached 101 items. At that point adding and removing bods worked normally.

I put the full book that correctly counts as 101 item in a secure container in my house, and that container reports having an additional 101 items in it. Check the house sign and it reports the correct number used by secure containers.

Then I locked the book down on the ground and checked the house sign, it only counts as 1 locked item.

I added one of my Grandfathered books to a vendor and it only counted as one item. The other book that is reporting as 101 items does count as 101 on a vendor.
Also is the price of the bods supposed to effect the vendor charge per day, at the moment on the TC it doesn't? I can have 2 books with 500 bods each, one counting as 101 items and other counting as only one item and charge 100000 for each bod in both books and the vendor still charges me 60 per day. I know normal items effect the vendor daily price, but not sure if bods are supposed to.

I can not add or remove bods unless the book is in my bag.

What would happen if a GM DUP'd a full book that was grandfathered in as one item? Just curious.

All in all this is going to be very confusing to some players. :confused: I only had few books, and I kept getting confused which book was 101 and which was only 1 item.

Copern

Sorceror

Ret;705119 said:
Then I locked the book down on the ground and checked the house sign, it only counts as 1 locked item.
Still awaiting the latest patch to go onto TC, should fix that so it uses the correct lockdowns.

Ret;705119 said:
Also is the price of the bods supposed to effect the vendor charge per day, at the moment on the TC it doesn't? I can have 2 books with 500 bods each, one counting as 101 items and other counting as only one item and charge 100000 for each bod in both books and the vendor still charges me 60 per day. I know normal items effect the vendor daily price, but not sure if bods are supposed to.
Might be worthy of another bug report.

Ret;705119 said:
What would happen if a GM DUP'd a full book that was grandfathered in as one item? Just curious.
Only the book itself is duped, not everything inside it (SVN behavior).

Ret;705119 said:
All in all this is going to be very confusing to some players. :confused: I only had few books, and I kept getting confused which book was 101 and which was only 1 item.
I agree, it'll be confusing but I couldn't think of another way to prevent the chaos that would happen if we went head on. Unfortunately books don't display the item count they take up on OSI so we can't do that here. Other ideas?

I see, then things are 2:

- or do we code things as they are in OSI

- or do we consider "you can place BOD books on vendors with bods for sale for millions of gp without any vendor costs" as the OSI bug to fix. (to check, then, how to fix it)

psz

Administrator

Cleared up the confusion per posters' requests.

Anyhoo, BOD Books on vendors would be a seperate Bug Report *IF* it's valid.

uome

Bug Hunter

Ret;705119 said:
I put the full book that correctly counts as 101 item in a secure container in my house, and that container reports having an additional 101 items in it. Check the house sign and it reports the correct number used by secure containers.

Copern;705364 said:
Still awaiting the latest patch to go onto TC, should fix that so it uses the correct lockdowns.
I was just checking the secure containers lockdown patch and i used filled bod books to get my houses max lockdown count up to the limit.

My question is when you lockdown a bod book with an item count of lets say 11, should the house sign report that it uses 11 lockdowns or 1 lockdown and 10 items used by a secure container?
Atm all the bods in a book are contributing to the lockdown count. How is it on osi? Is a bod book a secure container?

Status
Not open for further replies.