UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

SVN 801 Update (Jan 1st, 2013)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MB

Knight
The times in the first post are the current Demise IDOC times. It was changed to those random times from the previous set 24, 24, 24, 18, 6 hr timers.

Kiluad

Sorceror
here's the decay times from the new stratics updated page. it was updated 20 days after this update was placed on demise, it shows the OSI decay times as well. everything from OSI says the last stage is around 7 hours, the others are 24 hours, an all are subject to change based on server downtime, saving, etc. not a random number generator. demise uses a random times, the way demise use to be was only 1 hours off OSI Idoc time before this update. now it's completely off base, as of the update in this thread.

aminarva

Sorceror
Ok, so it's been a while since I've been IDOC camping. This seems to be the most up to date discussion on IDOC times. Is it still 12-24 as the update stated or did they change it back to around 6-8?

mantorras

Sorceror
I would say yes, in the last idocs I have been it was 12-24. And this is the latest publish so I don't think they were changed.

otimpyre

Sorceror
Oh, something we forgot to post: house signs now properly update when the house goes into the next decay stage. You no longer have to restart your client or leave/return to see the updated house sign.
Thank you! Always annoyed me.

aminarva

Sorceror
here's the decay times from the new stratics updated page. it was updated 20 days after this update was placed on demise, it shows the OSI decay times as well. everything from OSI says the last stage is around 7 hours, the others are 24 hours, an all are subject to change based on server downtime, saving, etc. not a random number generator. demise uses a random times, the way demise use to be was only 1 hours off OSI Idoc time before this update. now it's completely off base, as of the update in this thread.
^^^ Agreed!

otimpyre

Sorceror
Yeah the last stage thing being 12-24 is pure hell for anyone even the hardcore idocer . When it goes the full 24 its pure torture. I mean think about it. Imagine having to sit at work at your desk for a full 24 hours. If you idoc then you understand this. OSI 7 hours is more than fair. That's about a shift at a paying job. Decay times http://uo2.stratics.com/miscellaneous/decay

aminarva

Sorceror
Yeah the last stage thing being 12-24 is pure hell for anyone even the hardcore idocer . When it goes the full 24 its pure torture. I mean think about it. Imagine having to sit at work at your desk for a full 24 hours. If you idoc then you understand this. OSI 7 hours is more than fair. That's about a shift at a paying job. Decay times http://uo2.stratics.com/miscellaneous/decay
I absolutely used to love camping IDOC's. I attempted it last night on two different IDOC's. Hit the 15 hour mark and gave up. Having to wait that long sucks all the fun out of it. It's really going to have to be an awesome find to have me do an IDOC again until they change these times. I agree, 7 hours is more than fair!

Xavier

Account Terminated
Fair? I was under the impression that fair would mean everyone getting the same opportunities? Easier doesn't always amount to more "fair". Either way, sitting there waiting for items to fall out of the sky isn't the only way to gain wealth/items in-game. If sitting at the IDOC bores you too much, find something else to do. A lot of people have been successful in UO without being a full time IDOC'er.

Regarding the actual times, this was tested again and again, by several staffers, and at the time of ML the timer we have now was accurate. Being we are in the ML era on Demise, and not even done that yet, do not expect to see any Stygian Abyss changes for quite a while, if ever.

The best we can ascertain regarding those times being ~6hrs was in regards to grandfathered houses, which we do not have.

Maybe it sucks, maybe my attitude towards it sucks, but look at it this way. If everything is dead easy to get, people will run out of interest fast. BTW, I did just make GDs a lot easier to tame :D

aminarva

Sorceror
Actually, I don't really mind the timers. As stated in my previous posts, I indicated it had been a while since I've camped an IDOC. After last night waiting over 15 hours for a house to fall, and it still hadn't, I decided IDOC's weren't for me anymore. All I merely indicated was it would have to be a sweet spot for me to camp that long. I still think 7 hours is more than fair but that is my personal opinion. In no way did it reflect the job of the staff.

Xavier

Account Terminated
Actually, I don't really mind the timers. As stated in my previous posts, I indicated it had been a while since I've camped an IDOC. After last night waiting over 15 hours for a house to fall, and it still hadn't, I decided IDOC's weren't for me anymore. All I merely indicated was it would have to be a sweet spot for me to camp that long. I still think 7 hours is more than fair but that is my personal opinion. In no way did it reflect the job of the staff.

I didnt take it as a shot @ staff.

otimpyre

Sorceror
OSI got complaints at the time of the change as well. That is why several weeks later it was changed.
I understand how idocs can be a touchy subject with item count and lag. Just miss the good ole idocs. Was just one of my all time favorite things to do. Done it since 1999 :( Thank you Xavier and all the staff for all that you have done for Demise. I know you always try to make your decisions based on what is best for us all.

Xavier

Account Terminated
OSI got complaints at the time of the change as well. That is why several weeks later it was changed.

If you mean 52 weeks, you might be close to correct. The IDOCs were the way we have them in ML. The change back to 6 hours was in SA.

I understand how idocs can be a touchy subject with item count and lag.

Not with Demise staff. Item count has not been much of a concern to us in the last few years.

What is a bit interesting tho, is that the same couple people have been constantly paging to "complain" in game about IDOCs. They immediately remove the page, and have no interest actually talking to staff if we do get to them before its deleted ..

The odd part? This coincides with the resurrection of this thread, and I doubt that it's a coincidence. Not to mention, this change has been live on Demise for a year now. Time to complain was a year ago.

All the complaining in the world wont get it changed; the ones doing all the paging can stop anytime, before they start getting jailed for page misuse.

If we ever do get to SA, we will put the new version of house decay in.

Being a year old resurrected thread, Im closing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.