UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

[SVN] Changes to BOD Books

Status
Not open for further replies.

psz

Administrator
Re: BOB-Drop has somepitfalls

Then he should have said so ;->

Hence why I came up with a basic form that includes a spot for links ;->

gilgamash

Knight

Greetings and sorry psz for not mentioning my previous fix.

However, here is a new version of BOBGump.cs, attached as a txt-file.

I did quite some testing and had no problem, even the problem left before is, I hope, resolved now.

uome, I'd be very glad if you did some intense testing, too, including all combos of single and large bods (especially when dropping large bods and thus forcing others to change pages).

As I said, I had not encountered any problem anymore, but maybe you'll :)

Thanks,
G.

Attachments

• BOBGump.txt
    18.9 KB · Views: 3

uome

Bug Hunter

No major problems found.

Working:
dropping a bod from the top of a page does not now send you back to the previous page unless that bod was the last bod on the last page.

Small issue: (but i can live with it)
As an example. If the penultimate page contains a 6 part large bod and the last page contains a 6 part large followed by 2 small, when you drop the 6 part large from the last page the smalls are sent to the previous page and you are left veiwing a blank page.
This is the only sort of combination i have found that causes a blank page to display.

On a side note. Buying bods from a vendor still works as it used to.
As an example. If you buy a bod from page 4 of a vendors bod book once that bod is dropped you will be returned to page one of the book.

I know you were only working on the "bod drop" action and not the "buy" action but i thought i would mention it, allough i don't think it is a big problem as filters can be easily used in the case of buying bods and very rarely will you buy a large amount of bods unless you are buying the whole book.

Thanks a lot gilgamash :)

uome

Bug Hunter

I can't test right now as have some rl duties to attend to.
I'll get onto it this evening though. ;)

Pont

Knight

Ferris;559285 said:
Is this OSI accurate?
"Just like what you'd get with the EA Games version of Ultima Online, only better."........but in all honesty Ferris I don't know.

uome

Bug Hunter

gilgamash;559194 said:
there we go, next try :)
Sorry but the last one was better. :(
The empty page display problem seems to have been resolved but on one occasion it just closed the book instead of displaying the previous page.

Also i'm getting system messages every time i drop a bod from anywhere in the book except the very first bod. The messages seem to be different for every button eg:
i83 = pre:8
i11 = pre:10

gilgamash

Knight

Hoi,

those messages are still some part of debugging messages, sorry I left'em in.

I'll see what I can do about the rest. Strange...

G.

Ferris;559294 said:
I think you guys are taking "only better" out of context.

I guess that in the end this must be the Devs' call, but I would suggest that little fixes like this which are such an obvious improvement for nearly everyone while not affecting pvp balance or the economy or buying and selling or pvm or absolutely anything polemic - are exactly what "only better" should mean...

:)

FE

psz

Administrator

Here's how it should work:

Make it 100% OSI accurate FIRST.

Worry about the "better" part when more important things are done.

Tempest

Knight

psz;559440 said:

Indeed. Now let`s get somebody on the casting issue! :(

Pont

Knight

psz;559440 said:

ok :)

gilgamash

Knight

Greetings,

I don't want ans OSI+, I just want it to work prooperly, and my patch did not work properly. No, i did some debugging today and realized that despite the bod is removed from the book with a Remove-Command, it is not actually deleted from the list at that time, so there was some inconsistency.

I adjusted my patch and after 27 minutes of testing had no single malfunctioning, so I hope now it works the way it should.

FInd it attached and feel invited to test it,

G:

Attachments

• BOBGump.txt
    19.4 KB · Views: 11
Status
Not open for further replies.