UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

[SVN] Changes to BOD Books

Status
Not open for further replies.

uome

Bug Hunter
Re: [MERGED-TC] Changes to BOD Books

I am also very keen to see this implemented and this is the second time it has been in ready.
Hopefully it just got overlooked and we'll see it in next week, but if there are problems with it a more detailed explanation of what is wrong would be very helpfull.

Athena

Account Terminated

The final decision on patches going in is up to Mark and we don't always get reasons why they are rejected, but as for this one I can only guess that it's due to the fact that the code is using spaces where there should be tabs and Mark prefers tabs. If there's any other reason than this I wouldn't know .. sorry.

Xavier

Account Terminated

I sent Mark a PM both on the forums and IRC about it, and no response, SOOoooo Ill just stick them all in every time until I have an idea what needs to change. In the meantime, you might want to look for things that could be coded more optimally, less code, less CPU... and psz did say that Mark mentioned one possible crash - albeit no idea where or what patch.

Athena

Account Terminated

Apply the patch to a copy of the SVN then open the changed script in notepad, you'll see what I mean about spaces instead of tabs. I'm pretty sure that's the reason why this hasn't gone in.

gilgamash

Knight

Hi Athena,

I will change that this night. I think we do not a new
testing phase afterwards, so I will put the changed script
in in some hours. xEmacs strikes back :)

I will remember the problem next time.

Btw., if you got some time left I would appreciate help on
one last question concerning OSI and the necro familiars bug,
see the respective section.

Regards,
The G.-spot

gilgamash

Knight

k, my relatively old diff file does not merge correctly with the current version, so I have to reintegrate the changes with tabs instead of changes into the current version.

That is why I did not post an updated diff file. But I think I will manage doing so before saturday.

Sorry to get rude, but imho it sucks that I do not get a response on whether this is the reason or whatever it might be. Don't wanna be cocky, but this is a patch a bunch of players would like to be integrated....

No offences.

G.

Xavier

Account Terminated

The spaces are definitely part of the problem - Mark didnt give us ANY reasons. But, I can tell you the SVN version is NOT the problem. I merge those and test the patch. If it wasnt patchable at that SVN, it wouldnt have gotten past me.

gilgamash

Knight
Re: [MERGED] Changes to BOD Books

Hoi,

after a long time - here the patch to the current version (400) with tabs instead of spaces. I retried it and it worked as before - what it should, as nothing has changed really.

Greets,
G.

Attachments

• bodDiffs.diff
    8.4 KB · Views: 6

psz

Administrator
Re: [SVN] Changes to BOD Books

And you guys thought the Bug Tracker was a bad idea ;->

Status
Not open for further replies.