UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

[SVN] Changes to BOD Books

Status
Not open for further replies.

psz

Administrator
Re: [TESTING] Changes to BOD Books

Also, when testing, please describe what happens to existing BOD Books.

gilgamash

Knight

@psz: Nothing happens to existing Bod Books with this patch, as it does NOT include the 'item count' thingy, which we decided being a separate thread.

Regards,
G.

P.S.: Will you find time testing the potion thingy again? I opened a thread on the general discussion section, but seems keen on helping out...

Athena

Account Terminated

Original problems:

Bulk order book gump would revert back to the first page if a BOD was dropped from the book from any page. This also applies to bulk order books on vendors that you buy from. On OSI when you drop a BOD from a book or purchase one from from a vendor bulk order book it will remember what page you were on that that time and remain there.

When buying a BOD from a book on a vendor and your backpack is full it will take the gold for the BOD, the BOD would disappear from the book but not go into your backpack or on the ground. On OSI it you get a message that your backpack is full, it will not the take gold or give you the BOD.

No sound when dropping a BOD into a bulk order book.

Results of my test:

I tested to see if the above was fixed by adding 50 various tailor and blacksmith BODs into a bulk order book and went to the 4th page, dropped a BOD out of the book and checked to see if it remained on page 4. I tested this setting various filters too. This works fine.

I then added this book to a vendor with prices set on each, tried to buy a BOD from the book with a full backpack to check that the gold wasn't taken or the BOD gone from the book. I then removed a couple of items from my backpack and was able to purchase 2 BODs. This worked fine too.

Both tests were done repeatedly using various filters in the book.

The only problem I found was, the sound should be there when you put a BOD into the bulk order book, not when it drops out of the book. So this needs to be fixed.

Edit: I forgot to mention that I had added some BOD's to a book pre-patch to see if it there were any problems with exsisting books or BODs after patching and there weren't and I checked to see if the bulk order book would go above the 500 BOD limit.

gilgamash

Knight
Re: [IN DEVELOPMENT] BOB-Drop has somepitfalls

Hoi,

I was referring to this post when coding it and got this wrong :)

I can change this later today. As all the rest seems to work fine (Daed, me, Athena and uome) it should not need to remain in testint stage too long for the sound thingy only :)

Thanks, G :)

SRC Athena;590598 said:
I'd like to add that there is a sound when you drop a BOD into a bulk order book on OSI, the SoundID is 0x42.

gilgamash

Knight
Re: [IN DEVELOPMENT] Changes to BOD Books

Here ya go, and now I needa hurry ta work :)

Attachments

• bodDiffs.diff
    14.4 KB · Views: 4

Athena

Account Terminated

I get this when I try to compile:

Errors:
+ Engines/BulkOrders/Books/BulkOrderBook.cs:
CS0103: Line 109: The name 'm_From' does not exist in the current context
CS0103: Line 136: The name 'm_From' does not exist in the current context

gilgamash

Knight

k, my patch command does mess up things atm due to version conflicts.

Might you try replacing both 'm_From' by 'from'? That should do the trick.

Thanks,
G.

gilgamash

Knight

here the patch that compiled and makes the sound when adding a bod to the book.

Regards,
G.

Attachments

• bodDiffs.diff
    14.4 KB · Views: 25

Athena

Account Terminated

I've re-tested this one and everything looks good now.

gilgamash

Knight

Well, I am out of testing ideas :) once agian tested drops on last pages, last but page pages, with filter, small bods, large bods of different sizes, etc. etc. before posting (as that has not changed anyway, nothing should behave different), buying with and without room left in backpack...

Oh yes, and it makes a *plop* when you insert a bod into the book.

Gimmick: FE can't drop bods any longer (that is hidden code .-))
muaahahahahahaaaaaaaaa!

G.

uome

Bug Hunter

Looks good.
I've run out of things to check and I havn't broken it yet. :)

gilgamash

Knight

Ah, can't we skip this last half day in queue? I don't want to click and click and click any longer.... :eek:

G.

gilgamash

Knight
Re: [READY] Changes to BOD Books

Just a small comment on my code: I know there is partially identical code lines in two functions (getPageForIndex and getIndexForPage) and one might consider (which I have done!) moving this into a separate function.

IMHO, it are only a few line and I think the impact of calling a function and thus invoking all the stack and heap implications for the variables, the register manipulations (return address, instruction pointer, ...) is way worse than having double code lines.

That is the reason for keeping the code 'unclean' with respect to this subject.

G.

Re: [MERGED-TC] Changes to BOD Books

I'm just bumping this up because it's been sitting for quite a while, and a lot of us would really appreciate this fix.

Lerellian

Sorceror

I would like to repeat ParagonDs not answered question.

It seems, that the patch hasnt caused any problems and a lot of crafters are waiting for it to be applied - including me.

I tried it myself on the testserver and couldn't find any issues.
May I ask, if there is anything left a tester might do?

gilgamash

Knight

Hm, maybe someone does not like the way I coded it. If so, however, it is not much of an effort to drop me a PM. One thing concerning my code I already mentioned some posts above.

Let's see what happens. Maybe on June 12th 2011 it will be included :) Until then, just let's click, click, click, click, click, cl.....

G.

Status
Not open for further replies.