UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

[SVN] Scroll of Transcendence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Athena

Account Terminated
Re: [TESTING] Scroll of Transcendence

Waiting on an answer from I.P.Knightly about protection on this one before it can go any further.

Athena

Account Terminated

Setting this back to in development until the problem uome found is fixed.

Athena

Account Terminated
Re: [IN DEVELOPMENT] Scroll of Transcendence

What's the status of this?

If I don't hear anything in a few days I will set it back to coder needed.

Athena

Account Terminated
Re: [IN DEVELOPMENT] Scroll of Transcendence

Moving this back to coder needed, it looks like the only thing left to code for this one is the protection if anyone wants to take this.

Re: [CODER NEEDED] Scroll of Transcendence

I haven't understood what is wrong with latest Callandor2k's patch. Someone could explain it to me? Thank you :)

Athena

Account Terminated

uome;603934 said:
I think I.P means the protector should be getting a duplicate scroll, which isn't the case atm.
So back to development?

As far as I'm aware, this is the problem that hasn't been resolved yet. I see no posts to say that it has been added.

SRC Athena;628821 said:
As far as I'm aware, this is the problem that hasn't been resolved yet. I see no posts to say that it has been added.

strange, Callandor says
Ok I found the reason why it wasn't giving the scrolls to the protectors.

I have uploaded a new diff. This one should work.

The way that I have it, whenever the killer gets a scroll whether it's a transcendence scroll or power scroll the protector will get rewarded a transcendence scroll. Would someone verify that is the way it works or not.

Maybe the last part could be the error. In the code looks like there is everything that a protector needs to get a duplicate.

Athena

Account Terminated

uome's findings came after Callandor posted his patch, so someone will need to test it again to see if it works. If it does I'll move it to testing, if not it will stay here until it is fixed.

uome

Bug Hunter

The proptector does recieve a scroll atm but it is not a duplicate of what the protected player has recieved.
Appart from that it has been tested realy hard and looks as accurate as it is going to get.

Callandor2k;594524 said:
The way that I have it, whenever the killer gets a scroll whether it's a transcendence scroll or power scroll the protector will get rewarded a transcendence scroll. Would someone verify that is the way it works or not.

Re: [DEFERRED] Scroll of Alacrity

psz;637827 said:
Setting to.... Coder Needed? Dev?

hmmm... if you agree, let's wait for Scrolls of Trascendence to be implemented, so we can touch alacrity scrolls less times :)
As SoTs go in, we will propose this.

I took this project in hand and I discovered the protector was explicitely getting a randomly generated PS/SoT, instead of getting a duplicate of what protectors would have got.
I have edited this patch, moved some things here and there, cleaned a bit by putting lines of code in methods (those "public static blah blah, whatever their name is") and here's a patch.

It's quite clean, even if now I realize we have this part on ChampionSpawn.cs, and the part of "normal" powerscrolls in BaseChampion.cs... maybe it would be better later to do some moves.
edit: ignore it please, BaseChampion is not about the spawn, but the boss.

I have slightly tested it, because I have little time and I suck in soloing champs even with hacked items! But I have run a fast Baracoon and I have got a 105 Animal Lore PS, the same one the protector has got. You want to test it to check SoTs.

I hope it works well, so we can finally put this shit in.

Attachments

• SoT.diff
    14.7 KB · Views: 6

uome

Bug Hunter

well it compiles and at first glance seems to be working at least for the protection part. I'll try and get a full test and report together soon.

Can we move to testing please?

Re: [TESTING-TC] Scroll of Transcendence

To everyone wants to test it in the TC:

What we need to know, is if the protector gets the same kind of SoT / 105 PS spawners are getting. If they are the same, this one can go in Demise.

Re: [TESTING-TC] Scroll of Transcendence

We did another champ with DonMuerte and Champer (kudos to you whoever you are :) edit: thank you Yung )

The protector had knight of justice (the code used is the same of protectors for PS, so I'm confident the probabilities to get a scroll works the same way).

We got a SoT Tactics 0.6 and a 105 Eval Int PS. The protector got same scrolls as duplicate.

Adding these results to previous ones, I'm confident this patch works well now.

uome;663612 said:
Not sure what should happen with this:
http://www.uodemise.com/forum/showthread.php?t=118646
but it has been waiting for these sot's to be finished, just making sure we don't forget it. :)

Indeed, that one was made by Callandor2k and tested by me, so I think it can already be flagged as ready.
Consider, though, Scrolls of Alacrity won't spawn anymore in OSI, so we will add it as support for RunUO, but they will unlikely appear on Demise.

Status
Not open for further replies.