UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

[SVN] Skinning Knives to return you cut leather

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Skinning Knives to return you cut leather

LadyCrimson;558697 said:
While I did test the skinning knife feature, I did not test it on an animal I didn't kill. I'm probably going to re-open my OSI accounts now for testing.... blah.

your efforts will be highly rewarded... oh... we are not staffers so... please accept a big thank you from us :)

Kiluad

Sorceror

I don't think real OSI test will do much good, it's buggy all over the place on OSI.

and rule sets determine the laws of the land. IE no stealing other peoples kills in tram until the timer is up. That i can guaranteed you. (they're also instanced) and siege has no tram.

Kiluad;558701 said:
I don't think real OSI test will do much good, it's buggy all over the place on OSI.

and rule sets determine the laws of the land. IE no stealing other peoples kills in tram until the timer is up. That i can guaranteed you. (they're also instanced) and siege has no tram.

I wish to know how it's in the OSI Demise is going to be.

Anyway, if still we are unable to get more detailed informations, we could do a thing like
if (!= Looting Rights)
{ message "Thief! Killstealer! Scumbag! Swine! It's not YOUR kill!" (ok... a sysmessage will be good }
else {move leather in your inventory}
this would mean: if you don't have looting rights, leather stays in the corpse and you become grey, if you have them you remain innocent and leather is moved in your backpack.

Of course, this should be translated in C# :D

P.S. and so we have found an exploit in MalGanis ML, since the Butcher War Cleaver feature is coded the same way. Yeah, we will have to make a great revision on it one day ;)

Kiluad

Sorceror

the only thing the skinning knife does is auto cut up the leather and place it in your pack. if you wouldn't be allowed to do it before, you won't be allowed now. if there's a warning message now when you cut up corpses other people just killed, there should be one now.

the character is simply automatically doing what you want it to do. so it won;t get special privileges you wouldn't normally get.

Gisela

Bug Hunter

I think it would be great to have a donation fund to pay for staffers' OSI accounts so we can get reliable tests. *

* If they promise not to abandon us for there :p

Kiluad;558713 said:
. if there's a warning message now when you cut up corpses other people just killed, there should be one now.

That's "the associated bug" I was talking before. When we will discover how this works in OSI, we will know how to proceed.

We have to do, as base, things like OSI, unless there is clearly a bug over there, because we are coding for RunUO. Then, Demise can do what it wants.

Kiluad

Sorceror

but osi has instance corpses... you can't steal anyone's kill on osi, it's 100% impossible. no one can see them but the person who slew them. and if instance corpses aren;t in fel, then you will get flagged, because you do get flagged for that on OSI. it's a criminal act to loot what you didn't kill.

im just trying to speed things up.

Gisela

Bug Hunter

FWIW Arul's instanced corpse code addresses this, I just left it out of the patch for now. It behaves like OSI:

The first person to carve gets the resources in his container.
If he does not pick them up they become free for all in 3 minutes.

Might want to keep that in mind while working on these bits

Two Wolves

Knight

currently you get a criminal flag for carving what you do not kill (even guildmates (kills)), will any of the code changes alter this?

gilgamash

Knight

Two Wolves has a good point - all killers need sort of carving rights the moment they get looting rights...

@2 wolves: principally, we will not change the turning criminal thingy, I think.

Atb.
G,

gilgamash;558798 said:
Two Wolves has a good point - all killers need sort of carving rights the moment they get looting rights...

@2 wolves: principally, we will not change the turning criminal thingy, I think.

Atb.
G,

Please note this: at the moment, we tested and flagged as ready Instanced Loot, but there is still no Instanced Carving. We are going to add it 1-2 weeks after the Instanced Corpses to be in Demise, so we will not go crazy to search for bugs related.

So for now, all that is carved will go in the "common" corpse.

Tempest

Knight

Couple corrections:
1. You must be 2 tiles away from the corpse, not 4.
2. As long as your backpack has 273 stones or less the leather will go to your backback. If it has 274 or more, the leather will go into the corpse, not onto the ground - this is a fixed limit regardless of the number of hides involved
3. As long as you have a skinning knife equipped it will convert to leather even if you carve with another bladed item in your pack.

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

Hyphy Train;566874 said:
Couple corrections:
1. You must be 2 tiles away from the corpse, not 4.
2. As long as your backpack has 273 stones or less the leather will go to your backback. If it has 274 or more, the leather will go into the corpse, not onto the ground - this is a fixed limit regardless of the number of hides involved
3. As long as you have a skinning knife equipped it will convert to leather even if you carve with another bladed item in your pack.

documentation online from OSI or OSI testing?

LadyCrimson

Wanderer
Re: [IN DEVELOPMENT] Skinning Knives to return you cut leather

This one is kinda falling to the wayside. Do I need to drop it back into CODER NEEDED status?

Status
Not open for further replies.